The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twang

Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2016, 01:57:11 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on August 09, 2016, 01:50:37 PM
James Wilson

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLeaguePaper
I'm just going to say why. What on gods earth do we get out of this. He clearly isn't the big name striker we need, and why on gods earth would we do man u's dirty work when we have humphrys who had a decent pre season.

Because we're getting a player that can fill in for the new striker, Aluko and Cairney. So a great player to have in the squad.

fulhamben

Quote from: twang on August 09, 2016, 02:26:46 PM
James Wilson

I'm just going to say why. What on gods earth do we get out of this. He clearly isn't the big name striker we need, and why on gods earth would we do man u's dirty work when we have humphrys who had a decent pre season.

Because we're getting a player that can fill in for the new striker, Aluko and Cairney. So a great player to have in the squad.
so would this mean that jozabed won't happen then, as he also plays those positions.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

twang

Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2016, 02:29:33 PM
James Wilson

so would this mean that jozabed won't happen then, as he also plays those positions.

From what I've found Jozabed has mainly played CM or CAM (very successfully last season). Have a feeling he'll take Tunnicliffe's place in the team, if he will be confirmed before all of us dies of old age.

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2016, 02:18:55 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 09, 2016, 02:15:45 PM
Because James Wilson is clearly way ahead of Stephen Humphrys. A man who wasn't even given a squad number. (I've watched him number of times for 21s and vs. Crawley, dont get me wrong think hes got the potential to be a good player, but lets not be silly.)
are you putting him ahead of Smith and Cauley though? And who ever we get in to replace Ross too. He will be fourth choice so what's the point. Would rather give what little game time that is available to one of our own.
Yeah he is (in my opinion) better than Smith and Woodrow. So hopefully hes used as back up for our main striker whos yet to come in.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

James Wilson

And what evidence is he a great player as you say?

twang

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 09, 2016, 02:37:10 PM
James Wilson

Deary me, read the whole sentance... Great player TO HAVE IN THE SQUAD. Becuase he can play in several different positions. Positions barely have any backup in atm. Don't think anyone is touting him to be a world class player, but he did a decent job for a very good Brighton side last year.

fulhamben

Quote from: twang on August 09, 2016, 02:42:57 PM
James Wilson

Deary me, read the whole sentance... Great player TO HAVE IN THE SQUAD. Becuase he can play in several different positions. Positions barely have any backup in atm. Don't think anyone is touting him to be a world class player, but he did a decent job for a very good Brighton side last year.
I just checked Brighton board. They are split on him. Fitness issue, attitude and the we can do a lot better comments as to why they don't want him back.

Mince n Tatties

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 09, 2016, 02:09:32 PM
What premier club is going to want Mournie?

Good question. If he's well advised at all, he'll know that if any PL club snap him up he'll almost certainly be loaned out to a lower league or play U21's. And if that's the case, then he's just after the larger paycheck. Understandable but, is that the kind of player we want for Fulham? Might be time to move on to the next on the list.

....assuming that the rumor about his hold out is true.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

twang

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 09, 2016, 02:58:08 PM
And 5 goals in 25 appearances.

In game time that equals a little more than 13 90 minute matches.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2016, 02:49:10 PM
James Wilson

I just checked Brighton board. They are split on him. Fitness issue, attitude and the we can do a lot better comments as to why they don't want him back.

And those comments are as likely to be driven by the "well he's not coming back to us. he's crap then." attitudes that happen everywhere as they are to be accurate assessments of the player.

Funny how attitudes change when a player leaves....sometimes anyway.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 09, 2016, 03:13:15 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2016, 02:49:10 PM
James Wilson

And those comments are as likely to be driven by the "well he's not coming back to us. he's crap then." attitudes that happen everywhere as they are to be accurate assessments of the player.

Funny how attitudes change when a player leaves....sometimes anyway.

That is true Toodles.

Tonywa

The majority of which, I understand, he played out wide rather than as striker. Also didn't Ross have a similar return one season earlier in his career?

Jem

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 09, 2016, 03:09:19 PM

Good question. If he's well advised at all, he'll know that if any PL club snap him up he'll almost certainly be loaned out to a lower league or play U21's. And if that's the case, then he's just after the larger paycheck. Understandable but, is that the kind of player we want for Fulham? Might be time to move on to the next on the list.

"Might be time to move on to the next on the list"

We have a list?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Tonywa on August 09, 2016, 03:16:28 PM

The majority of which, I understand, he played out wide rather than as striker. Also didn't Ross have a similar return one season earlier in his career?

Lot more than Ross have..But that doesn't mean Wilson will go on and score
as many as Ross...Just guess work isn't it.

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 09, 2016, 03:28:39 PM

and we wouldn't have bought Ross if he only scored 5 goals for Leeds that year.

The Rock

It is. If only we had a stat barometer to unearth hidden players and applied it to the entire team.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Jem on August 09, 2016, 03:23:31 PM

We have a list?

Why not? Easy enough to wait until midway thru the window, pop open the ol' twitter acct, search #ffc, and start compiling. Simples. No need to waste time planning prior to the window. Twitter knows and rates all. Just cherry picking left to do the last week of the window.

Tonywa

And the manager backing his judgement, I guess!

Jimmy Hill

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 09, 2016, 03:52:34 PM
Quote from: Jem on August 09, 2016, 03:23:31 PM

We have a list?

Why not? Easy enough to wait until midway thru the window, pop open the ol' twitter acct, search #ffc, and start compiling. Simples. No need to waste time planning prior to the window. Twitter knows and rates all. Just cherry picking left to do the last week of the window.

I wouldnt search #ffc if your at work thats all im saying