watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimoFFC

It's unfair to judge Ayite and say he isn't good enough yet. The championship is a completely different league than Ligue 1 and he will need time to settle. He will start chipping in with more goals and assists at the end of the season I think

ealex40

Only 43 league games left for Ayite to improve. Hope he turns it around. By the way, I think he is a breath of fresh air compared to some of last seasons performers. 049:gif

Jamie88

Unbelievable to suggest Ayite has been poor! I think he has been brilliant.
Oh I wish we could have Kacaniklic back instead, tearing down those wings and taking on the fullbacks like the quality winger that he is.

f321ffc

Fulham are set to bid ?500k for Blackburn midfielder Ben Marshall. Blackburn rejected a ?3m for him last year. #ffc :wow:
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

alexmur

Quote from: Count Flapula on August 18, 2016, 08:33:08 PM
Quote from: ollienixs on August 18, 2016, 07:53:18 PM
Don't really see it as so much of an issue if ayite goes. Nice lad, tries had but lacks a final ball. I hope we bring in some one else and give him chance to break into the team and English football

Had a cracking game v Newcastle and hasn't had a bad game yet. He has great ability, has been fantastic on the left both in attack and helping out the team tracking back and defending - don't underestimate the difference he ha made to our team balance.

He helps the shape of the team and has fantastic work rate. Links up really well with Sess / Aluko and epitomises the sort of attitude our team has been missing for the last few years.

In short - you must be high.
agree with everything you said, especially the last bit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

DevonFFC

Didn't realise Jedinak had signed for villa. They are splashing some serious money

alexmur

can't wait to see who we sign tomorrow, hopefully 2.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ron91

Quote from: ollienixs on August 18, 2016, 11:10:55 PM
Didn't realise Jedinak had signed for villa. They are splashing some serious money

Good signing, good leader for Palace. I saw on Twitter yesterday that we are in talks to sign Jason Puncheon for 2.5 million. Checked for a reliable source and could not find one so i take it as just a rumour. But that would be a statement signing, we need more competition for Aluko + Ayite as not many players on there heels.   

DevonFFC

Villa also favourites to get yedlin from Tottenham aswell. Surely they are spending more than they have. They are up there with Liverpool as my most hated. Would love them to miss out on promotion

Twig

Quote from: Statto on August 18, 2016, 11:34:05 PM
As much as I'd love Marshall, we do seem to be linked with a largess of attacking midfielder/winger/non-prolific striker types... Still no sign of the big name goalscorer we so desperately need, nor a defensive midfielder or centre back for that matter. Bit concerning

Absolutely, those are the positions that need strengthening. Plus, as I said in another post, I would love to see us sign a keeper of real top quality.

Mince n Tatties

Another paper stating City to make move for
Sessegnon..I hope we do everything possible to keep him
here and not let it become another Roberts situation.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Statto on August 18, 2016, 11:34:05 PM
As much as I'd love Marshall, we do seem to be linked with a largess of attacking midfielder/winger/non-prolific striker types... Still no sign of the big name goalscorer we so desperately need, nor a defensive midfielder or centre back for that matter. Bit concerning

:plus one:

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

westcliff white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 19, 2016, 07:14:01 AM
he is 16 and I believe until he reaches 17 there are restrictions on what we can offer him contract wise. This came up over Dembele and Hyndmann on another thread, MJG provided a good summary of it but for my life can remember all the details
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on August 19, 2016, 08:03:06 AM
he is 16 and I believe until he reaches 17 there are restrictions on what we can offer him contract wise. This came up over Dembele and Hyndmann on another thread, MJG provided a good summary of it but for my life can remember all the details
A 16 year old is open to approcah by clubs (we have done it in the past..Woodrow for example) and a fee can be agreed between two clubs or if player decides to leave it would be a tribunal fee.

When he turns 17 next May we can offer a max 3 year contract with no options.
At 18 we can then offer another contract. I'm not 100% sure on max length due to different rules in PL and FL, but at least a 3 year year one could be offered.

as it stands hes here till next summer

mrmicawbers

I think the fact that he has a twin at Fulham may have some baring on his decision.I believe he will sign a contract with us.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2016, 08:31:23 AM
A 16 year old is open to approcah by clubs (we have done it in the past..Woodrow for example) and a fee can be agreed between two clubs or if player decides to leave it would be a tribunal fee.

At 18 we can then offer another contract. I'm not 100% sure on max length due to different rules in PL and FL, but at least a 3 year year one could be offered.

So they cant sign him in this window then?

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 19, 2016, 08:41:04 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2016, 08:31:23 AM

So they cant sign him in this window then?
hes a registered player with us and as such same transfer rules apply. he cant just walk out.

Jamie88

This talk about Sessegnon has got me wondering - has there ever been a case in recent times of a very young player turning down the chance of moving to a much bigger club knowing they can get matchtime at their current smaller club?

We always talk of the benefits of a youngster completing a few seasons in say, the Championship, before moving onto bigger and better things but does it ever happen whereby the player in question has actually said "No, I wont move to a big club just yet, I'll get my move in the future but for now I am getting valuable first team experience at a smaller club"

It would be refreshing to see this happen with Sessegnon but if previous talents that ourselves and other clubs have had are anything to go by, I feel it probably wont.

AnEssexFan

Not quite as young as Sessegnon, but I'm pretty sure that when Betinelli's contract expired a year or so ago there was talk of Chelsea looking to sign him but he opted to pen a new deal and play for us.
@leightonrw07

grandad

Something has to change where "big" clubs buy up anything with 2 legs & just stockpiling them & sending them out on loan with no intention of getting them in their 1st team. Perhaps 1 in 50 might make it. The loan rules have changed but they still carry on stockpiling this raw talent.

To be honest, I would scrap the whole loan system except for goalkeepers & limit the number of players on a club?s books.
Where there's a will there's a wife