watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

I remember for a while Will Hughes was being chased by big clubs but stayed on at Derby and hasn't kicked on.

Did Moussa have options last summer?

westcliff white

Quote from: hopper on August 19, 2016, 11:04:28 AM
I remember for a while Will Hughes was being chased by big clubs but stayed on at Derby and hasn't kicked on.

Apparently Us, PSG, Celtic, Galatasaray not sure if spurs came back for him, also rumoured but nothing confirmed about the big clubs in England looking at himn
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Question is did any of them make a bid? One thing being chased and another actually fronting up some money.

Was told that despite all the talk, Dembele only had the one firm offer of Celtic. Just as Hyndman with Bournemouth.

Delboy

Something has to change. We have invested a great deal of money and time to build our academy and make it one of the best around.If we don't get the benefit of seeing our young players come to fruition and the larger clubs cherry picking our investments we cannot possibly keep it up. Brentford have closed their academy and maybe a number of other clubs will do the same if the ability to play the best youngsters is taken away by the big clubs. COYW.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2016, 11:11:05 AM

Question is did any of them make a bid? One thing being chased and another actually fronting up some money.

Was told that despite all the talk, Dembele only had the one firm offer of Celtic. Just as Hyndman with Bournemouth.
Would Hyndman have fitted in better this season? I was hoping to see more of the lad.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Ols_S on August 19, 2016, 11:12:35 AM

Would Hyndman have fitted in better this season? I was hoping to see more of the lad.

Yes.

He was injured and missed almost the entire preseason training with Bournemouth though.

Huge fan of his game, but am starting to question whether his propensity to get injured is going to keep him from becoming the player he could be. 

MJG

He would have done and SJ wanted him to stay but he had already made his mind up. Too  many managers and broken promises.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2016, 11:21:54 AM

He would have done and SJ wanted him to stay but he had already made his mind up. Too  many managers and broken promises.
I figured as much. Especially the way we had to play last season. Didn't really work out.

FulhamStu

Good player that Hyndman is, he is yet another small, technical central MF player.  Who would you play him instead of ?  If anything we need more height and strength in central MF to play next to MCDonald.  I have a similar question about Jezobed, where will he play ?

N_O_W_S

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 19, 2016, 11:34:17 AM
Good player that Hyndman is, he is yet another small, technical central MF player.  Who would you play him instead of ?  If anything we need more height and strength in central MF to play next to MCDonald.  I have a similar question about Jezobed, where will he play ?
I don't know enough about Jozabed. Although I understand that he is a number 10. So competition fir Cairney?
Quote from: Ols_S on August 19, 2016, 11:27:08 AM

I figured as much. Especially the way we had to play last season. Didn't really work out.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Ols_S on August 19, 2016, 11:37:06 AM
I don't know enough about Jozabed. Although I understand that he is a number 10. So competition fir Cairney?

Agree although at ?3.5 million and with his pedigree, I would have thought he was bought as a starter. No way is Cairney going to be dropped anytime soon.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 19, 2016, 11:43:17 AM
Quote from: Ols_S on August 19, 2016, 11:37:06 AM

Agree although at ?3.5 and with his pedigree, I would have thought he was bought as a starter. No way is Cairney going to be dropped anytime soon.
I coupletely agree. I then assume another wide man / striker?

FulhamStu

alexmur

Quote from: Jamie88 on August 19, 2016, 10:08:40 AM
This talk about Sessegnon has got me wondering - has there ever been a case in recent times of a very young player turning down the chance of moving to a much bigger club knowing they can get matchtime at their current smaller club?

We always talk of the benefits of a youngster completing a few seasons in say, the Championship, before moving onto bigger and better things but does it ever happen whereby the player in question has actually said "No, I wont move to a big club just yet, I'll get my move in the future but for now I am getting valuable first team experience at a smaller club"

It would be refreshing to see this happen with Sessegnon but if previous talents that ourselves and other clubs have had are anything to go by, I feel it probably wont.
I'd like to see a rule whete, if the bigger club wants to buy them and send them out on loan they can only be loaned back to where he came from,  for players like sess he is so young and it would not benefit him to be bounced around the country. if they have been developing well enough in the smaller club and not going to get first team games at the bigger club it would be a fair deal for all involved.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MJG

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 19, 2016, 11:46:01 AM
Could Jesobed play next to McDonald ?
If you look at some positional maps as to where he has played it tends to be down the middle, defensve-central and attacking midfield

Bronaldinho

Looks like we've been linked with the likes Wilson, Cyriac & Ben Marshall recently.

Personally, I think they could be good options and definitely an improvement for the squad in comparison to previous seasons.

My thoughts on the latest news can be read on 'The Craven Corner'.

You can read the article here: thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Any feedback/thoughts are welcomed!
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

mkras99

Transfer Centre Live ‏@TransferCentreL  2h2 hours ago
Blackburn Rovers winger Ben Marshall has told manager Owen Coyle that he wants to join Fulham.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Bronaldinho on August 19, 2016, 12:11:44 PM
Looks like we've been linked with the likes Wilson, Cyriac & Ben Marshall recently.

Personally, I think they could be good options and definitely an improvement for the squad in comparison to previous seasons.

My thoughts on the latest news can be read on 'The Craven Corner'.

You can read the article here: thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Any feedback/thoughts are welcomed!
Good Read.Thanks for heads up.

Bill2

Quote from: alexmur on August 19, 2016, 11:46:54 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on August 19, 2016, 10:08:40 AM
This talk about Sessegnon has got me wondering - has there ever been a case in recent times of a very young player turning down the chance of moving to a much bigger club knowing they can get matchtime at their current smaller club?

We always talk of the benefits of a youngster completing a few seasons in say, the Championship, before moving onto bigger and better things but does it ever happen whereby the player in question has actually said "No, I wont move to a big club just yet, I'll get my move in the future but for now I am getting valuable first team experience at a smaller club"

It would be refreshing to see this happen with Sessegnon but if previous talents that ourselves and other clubs have had are anything to go by, I feel it probably wont.
I'd like to see a rule whete, if the bigger club wants to buy them and send them out on loan they can only be loaned back to where he came from,  for players like sess he is so young and it would not benefit him to be bounced around the country. if they have been developing well enough in the smaller club and not going to get first team games at the bigger club it would be a fair deal for all involved.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Disagree, should be a rule saying that the bigger clubs can't but them at all and they have to wait until they are 19. Then everyone will have some idea as to their potential and pay a realistic price. Not go on a free at the end of a fixed term contract, which has to end at the age of 19 and up getting some derisory pittance.