https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronaldinho

Quote from: mrmicawbers on August 19, 2016, 12:22:22 PM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on August 19, 2016, 12:11:44 PM
Looks like we've been linked with the likes Wilson, Cyriac & Ben Marshall recently.

Personally, I think they could be good options and definitely an improvement for the squad in comparison to previous seasons.

My thoughts on the latest news can be read on 'The Craven Corner'.

You can read the article here: thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Any feedback/thoughts are welcomed!
Good Read.Thanks for heads up.

Thank you ever so much for reading :)

Have a great weekend!
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

MJG

Quote from: Bill2 on August 19, 2016, 12:49:19 PM
Quote from: alexmur on August 19, 2016, 11:46:54 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on August 19, 2016, 10:08:40 AM
This talk about Sessegnon has got me wondering - has there ever been a case in recent times of a very young player turning down the chance of moving to a much bigger club knowing they can get matchtime at their current smaller club?

We always talk of the benefits of a youngster completing a few seasons in say, the Championship, before moving onto bigger and better things but does it ever happen whereby the player in question has actually said "No, I wont move to a big club just yet, I'll get my move in the future but for now I am getting valuable first team experience at a smaller club"

It would be refreshing to see this happen with Sessegnon but if previous talents that ourselves and other clubs have had are anything to go by, I feel it probably wont.
I'd like to see a rule whete, if the bigger club wants to buy them and send them out on loan they can only be loaned back to where he came from,  for players like sess he is so young and it would not benefit him to be bounced around the country. if they have been developing well enough in the smaller club and not going to get first team games at the bigger club it would be a fair deal for all involved.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Disagree, should be a rule saying that the bigger clubs can't but them at all and they have to wait until they are 19. Then everyone will have some idea as to their potential and pay a realistic price. Not go on a free at the end of a fixed term contract, which has to end at the age of 19 and up getting some derisory pittance.
Im going top play devils advocate here...what is a bigger club?
We are bigger than L1/2 and conference teams so are you saying that no youngsters can move teams till 19?

N_O_W_S

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2016, 01:00:44 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on August 19, 2016, 12:49:19 PM
Quote from: alexmur on August 19, 2016, 11:46:54 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on August 19, 2016, 10:08:40 AM
This talk about Sessegnon has got me wondering - has there ever been a case in recent times of a very young player turning down the chance of moving to a much bigger club knowing they can get matchtime at their current smaller club?

We always talk of the benefits of a youngster completing a few seasons in say, the Championship, before moving onto bigger and better things but does it ever happen whereby the player in question has actually said "No, I wont move to a big club just yet, I'll get my move in the future but for now I am getting valuable first team experience at a smaller club"

It would be refreshing to see this happen with Sessegnon but if previous talents that ourselves and other clubs have had are anything to go by, I feel it probably wont.
I'd like to see a rule whete, if the bigger club wants to buy them and send them out on loan they can only be loaned back to where he came from,  for players like sess he is so young and it would not benefit him to be bounced around the country. if they have been developing well enough in the smaller club and not going to get first team games at the bigger club it would be a fair deal for all involved.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Disagree, should be a rule saying that the bigger clubs can't but them at all and they have to wait until they are 19. Then everyone will have some idea as to their potential and pay a realistic price. Not go on a free at the end of a fixed term contract, which has to end at the age of 19 and up getting some derisory pittance.
Im going top play devils advocate here...what is a bigger club?
We are bigger than L1/2 and conference teams so are you saying that no youngsters can move teams till 19?
What happens if you're a historically big club like Newcastle and you get relegated. Are you no longer a big club for the season you're in the Championship?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Bronaldinho on August 19, 2016, 01:00:29 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on August 19, 2016, 12:22:22 PM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on August 19, 2016, 12:11:44 PM
Looks like we've been linked with the likes Wilson, Cyriac & Ben Marshall recently.

Personally, I think they could be good options and definitely an improvement for the squad in comparison to previous seasons.

My thoughts on the latest news can be read on 'The Craven Corner'.

You can read the article here: thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Any feedback/thoughts are welcomed!
Good Read.Thanks for heads up.

Thank you ever so much for reading :)

Have a great weekend!
You too.Lets hope we win.COYW

simplyfulham

Michael Essien is training with Chelsea while he finds a new club as a free agent.

Would any of you take him?

I never thought I'd say this but I actually would take him now.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: simplyfulham on August 19, 2016, 01:18:00 PM
Michael Essien is training with Chelsea while he finds a new club as a free agent.

Without a shadow of doubt.

A fit Essien, despite his age would be outrageous in midfield.

Alongside McDonald would be devastating.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

MJG

Quote from: Bronaldinho on August 19, 2016, 01:19:58 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on August 19, 2016, 01:18:00 PM

Without a shadow of doubt.

A fit Essien, despite his age would be outrageous in midfield.

Alongside McDonald would be devastating.
57 games in 4 seasons pretty much says no to me.

Twig

Come on Fulham it's Friday and that's signing day.

Tooting legend

Fulham boss wants  center back Sebastian Bassong

@jolslover

STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Tooting legend on August 19, 2016, 02:19:16 PM

No thanks, been relegated 6 times as a player.
Bleedin Jonah.

twang

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 19, 2016, 02:23:11 PM
Quote from: Tooting legend on August 19, 2016, 02:19:16 PM

No thanks, been relegated 6 times as a player.
Bleedin Jonah.

Been promoted a bunch of times as well though, which is what we're aiming to achieve. Would definitely take him as a different option to our first choice pairing.

snarks

He's a very good championship CB he's a poor premiership CB, hence his teams get promoted, think they're OK at the back, they quickly find defence is a problem but by the end of the season he's not starting for relegated prem teams

DevonFFC

No Friday announcement this week then.

Toby Ward-Smith

Sky reporting Bassong to Fulham from Norwich as 7th in their football whispers list this afternoon. With a 4.3/5 likelihood of happening which seems pretty high, ahead of deals like Mustafi to Arsenal and Schlupp to West Brom which seem pretty likely. I would be happy with this as he would be a great back-up for Madl and Kalas and could step in when up against a bit more power upfront. This one seems pretty likely to go through then.

He was a big part of Slavisa's Watford side that went up on loan from Norwich if I remember rightly so there will already be a link there

Lighthouse

Stating the bleeding obvious but only one Friday after today to go until that double glazing salesman stops flogging the wares.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 19, 2016, 05:09:38 PM
Stating the bleeding obvious but only one Friday after today to go until that double glazing salesman stops flogging the wares.

Yes it's squeaky bum time.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on August 19, 2016, 05:09:24 PM
Sky reporting Bassong to Fulham from Norwich as 7th in their football whispers list this afternoon. With a 4.3/5 likelihood of happening which seems pretty high, ahead of deals like Mustafi to Arsenal and Schlupp to West Brom which seem pretty likely. I would be happy with this as he would be a great back-up for Madl and Kalas and could step in when up against a bit more power upfront. This one seems pretty likely to go through then.

He was a big part of Slavisa's Watford side that went up on loan from Norwich if I remember rightly so there will already be a link there

Not overly, Slav joined in October that season and by Jan Bassong was recalled . 4.3/5 on a rumour, does this actually mean anything? They rate a rumour on the amount of people talking about it yet it remains a rumour?

He's been involved in 2 promotions, Metz and Norwich, and could possibly do a job but surely there's bigger priorities