Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on August 23, 2016, 09:34:49 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2016, 09:32:57 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 23, 2016, 09:29:12 AM
Of course this is a loan, and we know how we all feel about loans dont we?  ;-)
loaning kids with zero experience is desperation if you ask me. Just us doing man u's dirty work for them as they won't gamble on trying to progress him in their team.
Playing a game, if you were in charge would you allow Jokanovic to have him?
If I were a chairman, I would give the manager a budget and say its your call who you sign but this is the budget. A manager should have the players he wants (apparently (not confirmed) Man Utd cover their young loanee's wages will they are out on loan)

I would saythough that SJ's job title is head coach and usually in that role the signings are done and the coach works with who they are given, the so called way of doing things in Europe. Personally think they still have a say but just worth mentioning.
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on August 23, 2016, 09:40:02 AM
loaning kids with zero experience is desperation if you ask me. Just us doing man u's dirty work for them as they won't gamble on trying to progress him in their team.
If I were a chairman, I would give the manager a budget and say its your call who you sign but this is the budget. A manager should have the players he wants (apparently (not confirmed) Man Utd cover their young loanee's wages will they are out on loan)

I would saythough that SJ's job title is head coach and usually in that role the signings are done and the coach works with who they are goiven, the so called way of doing things in Europe. Personally think they still have a say but just worth mentioning.
If rashfords contract is anything to go on, then he will be peanuts anyway. This signing just makes no sense to me
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2016, 09:38:44 AM
nope, and I would seriously question why on God's earth he wants him. One can only presume that the Ross money isn't there and he has to sign players on a shoe string. Like you posted the other day, there will be loads of players who won't make there squads. So why the f are we looking at development players.
By doing that it maybe to late to sign anyone as it will be left so late for the final squads to be announced, the bigger teams wont care about who anyone else wants to sign or to a degree if there players have to play under 23 or lower leage football as long as they are playing.

I am hoping we get permanent deals in maybe three and one loan signing

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2016, 09:42:50 AM

I would saythough that SJ's job title is head coach and usually in that role the signings are done and the coach works with who they are given, the so called way of doing things in Europe. Personally think they still have a say but just worth mentioning.
If rashfords contract is anything to go on, then he will be peanuts anyway. This signing just makes no sense to me
Not disagreeing just offering a view

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on August 23, 2016, 09:43:01 AM
nope, and I would seriously question why on God's earth he wants him. One can only presume that the Ross money isn't there and he has to sign players on a shoe string. Like you posted the other day, there will be loads of players who won't make there squads. So why the f are we looking at development players.
By doing that it maybe to late to sign anyone as it will be left so late for the final squads to be announced, the bigger teams wont care about who anyone else wants to sign or to a degree if there players have to play under 23 or lower leage football as long as they are playing.

I'd rather just use one of our own kids rather than panic and get in someone else's. 

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on August 23, 2016, 09:43:41 AM

I totally get the budget thing and letting the manager get on with it, but surely if we had the Ross money then we wouldn't even be looking at loaning this kid

Steven Ageroad

I see that both McCormack and Rhodes have not made the Scottish team squad.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2016, 09:46:52 AM

I'd rather just use one of our own kids rather than panic and get in someone else's. 
I agree totally, we should play our lads over loanees, unless we are loaning a proven player  who is an improvement on what we have

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2016, 09:48:36 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 23, 2016, 09:43:41 AM

I totally get the budget thing and letting the manager get on with it, but surely if we had the Ross money then we wouldn't even be looking at loaning this kid
again agree, with the money form sales (excluding Dembele) we should be able to re invest and get some quality in to bolster and imprive the sqaud, and more importantly to push on after a good start to the season.

@jolslover

To people complaining that Kembano isnt a striker... Our squad is so light at the moment, We definitely need more numbers and he looks a good player from YT. (Que some guy saying so does everyone, except they dont.)
Would you rather we just sign no one till we get a striker?? No. So stop complaining.
STH H3

Chutney

This, we have top youngsters like LVC and Woodrow, if we are replacing them with youngsters on loan from other clubs that are not massive improvements then what is the point?

All we are doing is hindering the development of our own to improve players for other teams.
C O Y W

hopper

Wiki says Kebano scored 36 in 77 for Charleroi, that's nearly a goal every 2 games - which is pretty much a striker's record.

Not saying we don't need a striker, as I'd love one - but there is something to be said for goals coming from all over the park. Barcelona are a top side who don't always play with an out and out forward, although that's obviously slightly different now with Suarez.

@jolslover

Quote from: Chutney on August 23, 2016, 10:29:57 AM

This, we have top youngsters like LVC and Woodrow, if we are replacing them with youngsters on loan from other clubs that are not massive improvements then what is the point?

All we are doing is hindering the development of our own to improve players for other teams.

Top youngster.. Woodrow hahah. 
People overrate our youth so much in the sense that theres no way Woodrow was > Wilson and theres no way Edun and Della Torre are at the same standard as Pereira
STH H3

Riverside

I have kept quiet on the current transfer stats vs SJ storm but with time to reflect I have the following thoughts and questions

1) Yes the manager should be involved in the recruitment process .
What positions he wants ,
types of player and
veto over a player he might not want

2) But the recruitment so far this season seems to be good and much better than the last
7 of the 9 recruited look the part as starters
Malone looks fine as a squad player
My only doubt is Jozabed who I have not seen

Where does credit for this go ?
Not to SJ who says he has nothing to with recruitment or should he share some as he identified the types of player ?

3) We are still short of 3 or 4 .
CF - as are many many clubs
DM - as rotation for the excellent Macdonald and Parker
CB - maybe as a starter or again rotation

4) We should have some spare cash for the McCormack sale to get these across the line .
Do we ? or is it needed for running costs of the club ?

4) Why the storm over Pereira ?
A loan player , attacking MF , who Man U would insist would be a starter .
Is he an upgrade on the current 3 ( or Jozabed or Kebano ) ?

5) What record does SJ have with recruitment ?
His biggest success was Watford - he look over in Oct when press season recruitment had been finalised
Can anyone point me to where he has recruited successfully ?

6) Rigg was very clear that he was recruiting a Head Coach .
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/november/10/mike-rigg
We had a meltdown when he said that BEFORE he had recruited SJ .
And SJ's title is Head Coach .
http://www.fulhamfc.com/the-teams/staff/slavisa-jokanovic
Was SJ promised something else or did he think that he could change it once in ?

7) Is the battle
SJ vs Klein - if so he may win
SJ vs Rigg -  if so he may win
SJ vs Khan - if so he will lose

8) Stuart Gray is waiting in the wings as possible caretaker if SJ walks.

9) We have been linked to Steve Bruce several times last season 

More questions than answers but I lets see where we are 1st Sept ........

I hope we have the CF , CM and CB of starting quality and SJ is still in place
But can I expect that ?

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on August 23, 2016, 10:35:14 AM

People overrate our youth so much in the sense that theres no way Woodrow was > Wilson and theres no way Edun and Della Torre are at the same standard as Pereira
I remember Cole and Tunnicliffe being man Uniteds future once too. If anyone is overated, it's man u's academy.

hopper

Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2016, 10:40:11 AM

I remember Cole and Tunnicliffe being man Uniteds future once too. If anyone is overated, it's man u's academy.

Very good point! Wilson has a much worse goals/games ratio for England youth teams than Woodrow too... Not saying that Woodrow > Wilson, but that it's certainly not obvious to me that it's the other way round. Think Wilson looks OK as a squad striker, when we already have 2 decent ones in Woodrow and Smith. We do need a good number 1 striker ahead of these guys

Mince n Tatties

westcliff white

Quote from: hopper on August 23, 2016, 10:48:41 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2016, 10:40:11 AM

Very good point! Wilson has a much worse goals/games ratio for England youth teams than Woodrow too... Not saying that Woodrow > Wilson, but that it's certainly not obvious to me that it's the other way round. Think Wilson looks OK as a squad striker, when we already have 2 decent ones in Woodrow and Smith. We do need a good number 1 striker ahead of these guys
Like all academies they have some overated, but they bled a fair few last season and some looked more than decent. but their academy has a good track record ever since 92.

Not syiang we need them but its harsh to say overated.

Tooting legend

Crystal Palace and West Ham had both made enquiries about the Oostende target man, who scored 13 times in 28 games in the Belgian league last season.

But Fulham are now ready to swoop as boss Slavisa Jokanovic looks to boost his strikeforce for a Premier League promotion push.

Oostende do not want to sell their top scorer but it is understood Cyriac, 26, has told them he wants the move.

Mince n Tatties

It wouldnt matter how good the kids were at the Manure Academy,no way does
Jose boy give them a chance...
All cheque book Johnny does is ship them out on loan..How many at Chelsea were?