watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

All these signings are very good. No issue at all but our no 1 requirement is someone better that Smith or Woodrow, to lead the line.   Our problem is that these players are the most valued and most difficult to find, everyone wants them and they will go to the best they can find.   We may have to wait for the final day to get our man.

Chutney

"Ben Marshall was ready to join Whites from Blackburn, but the highly-rated winger failed Kline?s benchmark as did Omar Mascarell, the defensive midfielder previously loaned to Derby now at Eintracht Frakfurt." - If these are true then we have truly messed up, both Mascarell and Marshall are easily good enough and would walk in to most top sides in this division.

Surely if the manager says he wants a player and that player wants to join that's all that should matter?

we NEED clarification from the club, publicly, as to their position regarding Jokanovic, either they trust him fully to make these decisions or they don't, but we need to know. It is not okay to leave loyal fans in the dark about matters that directly effect the performance of the club.
C O Y W

dhowells21

We have had clarification from the club.

There's a whole thread on here from people on this board who have emailed the club and registered their worries and support for Joka. They've recieved replies, and their concerns have been passed on.

They're never going to release press conferences every few days being like 'guys we're doing this, this and this don't fret'. The amount of statements and clarifications on every little issue would be insane.

TimoFFC

FULHAM INTERESTED IN GYAN

Fulham are interested in signing Asamoah Gyan on loan from Shanghai SIPG.

The former Sunderland striker has found his game time limited following the arrival of Hulk at the Chinese side, and it is thought he would welcome the opportunity to play under Slavisa Jokanovic.

There is still plenty of work to do to get this over the line, but sources claim the player could fly in this week for a medical.

mkras99

Transfer Centre Live (@TransferCentreL)
8/23/16, 7:23 AM
Fulham are trying to sign former Sunderland striker Asamoah Gyan on loan from Shanghai SIPG. pic.twitter.com/M6dOyBEAtq

Chutney

Quote from: TimoFFC on August 23, 2016, 12:22:43 PM

The former Sunderland striker has found his game time limited following the arrival of Hulk at the Chinese side, and it is thought he would welcome the opportunity to play under Slavisa Jokanovic.

There is still plenty of work to do to get this over the line, but sources claim the player could fly in this week for a medical.

Huge step backwards, overpaid, bad attitude, struggled in china. Praying for Kline to veto this one.
C O Y W

Tooting legend

rweller86

Quote from: Chutney on August 23, 2016, 12:28:33 PM
Quote from: TimoFFC on August 23, 2016, 12:22:43 PM

Huge step backwards, overpaid, bad attitude, struggled in china. Praying for Kline to veto this one.
But Kline will love his 95 goals in 83 games in the UAE...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@rweller

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Chutney on August 23, 2016, 11:53:28 AM
"Ben Marshall was ready to join Whites from Blackburn, but the highly-rated winger failed Kline?s benchmark as did Omar Mascarell, the defensive midfielder previously loaned to Derby now at Eintracht Frakfurt." - If these are true then we have truly messed up, both Mascarell and Marshall are easily good enough and would walk in to most top sides in this division.

Where was it quoted that Marshall and Mascarell failed the Kline test?

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: dhowells21 on August 23, 2016, 12:07:14 PM
We have had clarification from the club.

There's a whole thread on here from people on this board who have emailed the club and registered their worries and support for Joka. They've recieved replies, and their concerns have been passed on.

They're never going to release press conferences every few days being like 'guys we're doing this, this and this don't fret'. The amount of statements and clarifications on every little issue would be insane.

Clarification!
That's the problem there's been none!
Brookes say one thing, Slav says another, the invisible men (Rigg and Klien) say nothing and all the owners PR man says on the owners behalf is a re hash of previous meaningless (being generous) statements.

Rhys Lightning 63

Well, it appears as though my record for busiest thread has been broken. It was an honor to hold it while I could.

P.S - Although I do have an issue with the thread starting in MAY, but... What you gonna go?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Tooting legend

Lighthouse

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on August 23, 2016, 12:40:34 PM
Well, it appears as though my record for busiest thread has been broken. It was an honor to hold it while I could.

P.S - Although I do have an issue with the thread starting in MAY, but... What you gonna go?

Plus the contents of the thread has somewhat moved away at times from the thread title. Considering how many actual signings we have had. Even if you include other clubs. 200 plus pages is hard to justify.

Also the amount of information repeated because some posters have neither the time or inclination to look at past pages. I would complain if I was you.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

the silly season rumours generlly start in may

you had a good ride
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 23, 2016, 12:36:46 PM

a link by mkras on page 213 has a reporter saying it, doesnt mean its true but thats where it is reported
Every day is a Fulham day

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: westcliff white on August 23, 2016, 12:45:25 PM
the silly season rumours generlly start in may

you had a good ride

First the club take away playing 'I love you Baby' before kickoff, now my FOF record is gone. My very small legacy at Fulham is slowly drifting away
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Horsfield_No9

From Sky Sports 12.15

First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: westcliff white on August 23, 2016, 12:47:49 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 23, 2016, 12:36:46 PM

a link by mkras on page 213 has a reporter saying it, doesnt mean its true but thats where it is reported

Thanks, must have missed that one, don't know how because like most people on this board I scan the Silly Season Transfer Thread daily if not hourly.