more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on August 23, 2016, 12:40:34 PM
Well, it appears as though my record for busiest thread has been broken. It was an honor to hold it while I could.

P.S - Although I do have an issue with the thread starting in MAY, but... What you gonna go?

Don't know about you but Im starting for one for Summer 2017 now!!!

Mince n Tatties

Buy a Striker, go and offer 9 million for Rhodes, if not
Him someone else....Loan loan loan thats all we bloody hear.

westcliff white

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on August 23, 2016, 12:57:15 PM
From Sky Sports 12.15

FULHAM INTERESTED IN GYAN

Fulham are interested in signing Asamoah Gyan on loan from Shanghai SIPG.

The former Sunderland striker has found his game time limited following the arrival of Hulk at the Chinese side, and it is thought he would welcome the opportunity to play under Slavisa Jokanovic.

There is still plenty of work to do to get this over the line, but sources claim the player could fly in this week for a medical.
another if signed we oculd possibly lose for 6-7 weeks. nothing against afrocan players but wish the african cup of nations was played in the summer
Every day is a Fulham day

hopper

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 23, 2016, 01:04:39 PM

We have one loanee at the moment and made 7-8 transfers though

hopper

No idea how the Gyan could possibly come off, if he's on 220k - surely we wouldn't be able to pay over 30k per week or so

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: hopper on August 23, 2016, 01:14:03 PM
No idea how the Gyan could possibly come off, if he's on 220k - surely we wouldn't be able to pay over 30k per week or so

Sky whispers talkin tosh again I should think.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: hopper on August 23, 2016, 01:13:17 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 23, 2016, 01:04:39 PM

We have one loanee at the moment and made 7-8 transfers though

Im aware of that, but I want signed players unless top notch.
All these rumours now are loanees.

@jolslover

It's Not Sky Sports whispers, Sky News actually reported that Gyan deal was close and he could fly in this week for medical.

Also look at this tweet sign saying British in the background and a club no one would guess = Fulham

I think Gyan was a very good player- dont really know now to be honest. But if he plays how he did in 2010 he will walk the Championship.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

6 million bid just now for Chris Martin of Norwich.

Mitch

Mitch

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 23, 2016, 12:36:57 PM
Quote from: dhowells21 on August 23, 2016, 12:07:14 PM
We have had clarification from the club.

There's a whole thread on here from people on this board who have emailed the club and registered their worries and support for Joka. They've recieved replies, and their concerns have been passed on.

They're never going to release press conferences every few days being like 'guys we're doing this, this and this don't fret'. The amount of statements and clarifications on every little issue would be insane.

Clarification!
That's the problem there's been none!
Brookes say one thing, Slav says another, the invisible men (Rigg and Klien) say nothing and all the owners PR man says on the owners behalf is a re hash of previous meaningless (being generous) statements.

Rule No. 1 - Never believe anything Sarah Brookes says.

@jolslover

STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Mitch on August 23, 2016, 01:30:27 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 23, 2016, 01:29:20 PM
6 million bid just now for Chris Martin of Norwich.

I'd like this. Source?

Sorry just a joke for Jolslover as I know he is keen
We sign Martin.

Count Flapula

Quote from: mkras99 on August 23, 2016, 01:34:03 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/10548585/fulham-boss-slavisa-jokanovic-is-keen-to-land-asamoah-gyan

Certainly knows where the goal is and certainly of the calibre finisher we should be looking at but I have concerns over his workrate / ability to fit into our pressing-from-the-front style we play at present that the whole team currently buys into. All it takes is one weak link for the whole system to collapse and he would be a very expensive gamble wage-wise i'd imagine.

Has a huge ego too if memory serves me correctly, which although isn't always a bad thing in a striker, has been one of the key issues with certain players in our squad over the last 3 seasons. Something just doesn't sit right with me over this rumour so hoping it's just that.

@jolslover

Quote from: Count Flapula on August 23, 2016, 01:44:58 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on August 23, 2016, 01:34:03 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/10548585/fulham-boss-slavisa-jokanovic-is-keen-to-land-asamoah-gyan

Certainly knows where the goal is and certainly of the calibre finisher we should be looking at but I have concerns over his workrate / ability to fit into our pressing-from-the-front style we play at present that the whole team currently buys into. All it takes is one weak link for the whole system to collapse and he would be a very expensive gamble wage-wise i'd imagine.

Has a huge ego too if memory serves me correctly, which although isn't always a bad thing in a striker, has been one of the key issues with certain players in our squad over the last 3 seasons. Something just doesn't sit right with me over this rumour so hoping it's just that.

Agree that workrate is an issue, But Matt Smith doesnt press either? And the system hasnt really fallen apart.
With regards to wage wise Im sure we would pay a % not his whole 220k.
STH H3

twang

Asamoah Gyan? That would be one hell of a signal of intent!

If he's anything like the player he was before he went to Abu Dhabi, he'll be a nightmare for every opponent we face.

fulhamben

Quote from: twang on August 23, 2016, 01:48:25 PM

If he's anything like the player he was before he went to Abu Dhabi, he'll be a nightmare for every opponent we face.
? His form before he left was ten goals in two years at Sunderland.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2016, 01:54:00 PM
Quote from: twang on August 23, 2016, 01:48:25 PM

? His form before he left was ten goals in two years at Sunderland.

It was 10 goals in 1 season. Which is very good for the premier league. And considering he was at Sunderland.
STH H3

Count Flapula

Quote from: @jolslover on August 23, 2016, 01:46:44 PM

Agree that workrate is an issue, But Matt Smith doesnt press either? And the system hasnt really fallen apart.
With regards to wage wise Im sure we would pay a % not his whole 220k.
[/quote]

I'd say Smith does press, just at his own turtle-esque pace! Certainly not afraid to get stuck in on anything within 1/2 foot radius!

My worry is that Gyan would stroll about not giving a toss when we don't have the ball which could breed resentment amongst the rest of the team breaking their necks to work together and it seems we finally have a TEAM again after all this time..

As I say not doubting his ability and would be more than happy to see him prove me wrong if this turns out to be more than some hack's wet dream, just highlighting it's a risk given his profile and our new found equilibrium vs opportunity cost of him in over another striker who may get the goals and fit the system better / be less disruptive (potentially)