Mince n Tatties

I should think now we got Ragnar, the Bassong
Rumours will fade away?

Mince n Tatties

Talkadoodle as I call them saying struggling
Sheffield United interested in Smith and Woodrow..Mind you
I think they get 1 out of 100 right.

grandad

One good striker & then the eggs can start to be launched.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamfan

MJG

Quote from: fulhamross on August 24, 2016, 09:49:49 AM
Woodrow isn't good enough for us.
I sense the tide of opinion has turned a little against Woodrow already this year.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2016, 09:52:29 AM
I sense the tide of opinion has turned a little against Woodrow already this year.

He will score two tonight and everyone will love him again!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

fulhamfan

Add Stearman to that as well. He should be sold asap.

BedsFFC

He needs game time regularly to really see his worth.

MJG

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on August 24, 2016, 09:56:10 AM

You say that, but even against Orient it was acknowledged that his touch of a brick wall was an issue against even lower opposition.
Thing is I like him and watched him the 18/21's. Unlike some i have never seen him as more than a 10-15 goal a season man. And that's if he plays nearly all the games. Think hes a better player off the main striker. Still has a chance to do well but for me has to improve his touch or hes going to find himself stuck in L1 & L2 in the future.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2016, 10:00:05 AM

[/quotee]You say that, but even against Orient it was acknowledged that his touch of a brick wall was an issue against even lowr opposition.
Thing is I like him and watched him the 18/21's. Unlike some i have never seen him as more than a 10-15 goal a season man. And that's if he plays nearly all the games. Think hes a better player off the main striker. Still has a chance to do well but for me has to improve his touch or hes going to find himself stuck in L1 & L2 in the future.

Exactly right!

One assumes he does work at his game on the training ground but by now (22 in Dec) there's little sign he has improved his individual skill and the lack of games is a red herring on this subject.

It might be stretching it a bit but when I started playing over 60's 5 aside this year, over 30 years since I last played a proper game it only took until the 2nd week until I felt comfortable controlling a ball fired in at me from most angles. 
You either have it or you don't!

Once we have signed the elusive new striker he should go on loan to prove to himself as well the the club what he's capable of.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 24, 2016, 10:13:32 AM

You say that, but even against Orient it was acknowledged that his touch of a brick wall was an issue against even lower opposition.

Exactly right!

One assumes he does work at his game on the training ground but by now (22 in Dec) there's little sign he has improved his individual skill and the lack of games is a red herring on this subject.

It might be stretching it a bit but when I started playing over 60's 5 aside this year, over 30 years since I last played a proper game it only took until the 2nd week until I felt comfortable controlling a ball fired in at me from most angles. 

Once we have signed the elusive new striker he should go on loan to prove to himself as well the the club what he's capable of.

Sign him up!!!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 24, 2016, 10:16:57 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 24, 2016, 10:13:32 AM

Exactly right!

Sign him up!!!

LOL ! If only !

rusty shackleford

Some Bleacher Report journo (He's got a blue tick!) reckons Gyan is en route for a medical

cmg

A blue tick? Could be dangerous. Still I expect the medical will sort it out.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on August 24, 2016, 10:25:55 AM
A blue tick? Could be dangerous. Still I expect the medical will sort it out.

Bit like leeches, they might have to burn that
Tick off.

MJG

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 24, 2016, 10:19:55 AM
Some Bleacher Report journo (He's got a blue tick!) reckons Gyan is en route for a medical
Better than a red flag

MJG

Actually just saw who you meant. Dean Jones is a Fulham fan so may well be true.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2016, 10:33:46 AM
Actually just saw who you meant. Dean Jones is a Fulham fan so may well be true.

Id be pretty Happy with Gyan to be honest. Big name, decent record. Attitude suspect but that doesnt really bother me if he does the job

Bronaldinho

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 24, 2016, 10:39:48 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2016, 10:33:46 AM

Id be pretty Happy with Gyan to be honest. Big name, decent record. Attitude suspect but that doesnt really bother me if he does the job

Someone I'd like to see at the club in all honesty. Guess we'll never know the financials.

But pacey, strong and a decent finisher.

With him leading the line, the chances will be buried.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com