watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LVBPTS

im going to bet we announce him signing on Friday. in my opinion, i dont know too much about his attitude issues but cant say he isnt a goal scorer when presented with chances. i really like Matt Smith but cant argue that this would be an upgrade on ability
do we now think business is concluded if we get Gyan and Kebano?
Supporter since 2000

MJG

Quote from: corbs83 on August 24, 2016, 10:54:16 AM
im going to bet we announce him signing on Friday. in my opinion, i dont know too much about his attitude issues but cant say he isnt a goal scorer when presented with chances. i really like Matt Smith but cant argue that this would be an upgrade on ability
kebano first, Id still be very surprised if we signed Gyan. Then maybe another 2 after the weekend.
Still need to offload tho.

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2016, 10:57:26 AM
kebano first, Id still be very surprised if we signed Gyan. Then maybe another 2 after the weekend.
Did you say you had been told 3 signings this week?

I cant remember old age and too much wine. Even after Kebano think we still need two maybe 3 if the money is there.
Every day is a Fulham day

Wolf

Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2016, 09:52:29 AM
Quote from: fulhamross on August 24, 2016, 09:49:49 AM
Woodrow isn't good enough for us.
I sense the tide of opinion has turned a little against Woodrow already this year.

Certainly was an element claiming Woodrow>Dembele last season. Based upon a dislike of Dembele's playing style and the grass always being greener.

Hates: the Hounslow maggots

LVBPTS

what would be the stumbling block with Gyan, wages? what is your opinion on him for us and who do you think is in the frame next week? marshall?

whos outgoing? bodurov, grimmer, kavanagh, ream or stearman?
Supporter since 2000

@jolslover

Quote from: Wolf on August 24, 2016, 11:03:18 AM
I sense the tide of opinion has turned a little against Woodrow already this year.

Certainly was an element claiming Woodrow>Dembele last season. Based upon a dislike of Dembele's playing style and the grass always being greener.

This genuinely baffled me. No way was Woodrow anywhere near Dembele, and Dembele 2 years younger. Was it a racist thing cos Woodrow is white and english? Was it cos Woodrow runs about a bit more. Who knows.
STH H3

hopper

How is this Gyan deal possible with wages? Surely we wouldn't pay over 40k.

Can't see a club paying 180k a week while he plays elsewhere or someone taking a paycut to that amount to play in Championship.

Can't get my head around this one at all

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on August 24, 2016, 11:02:40 AM
Did you say you had been told 3 signings this week?

I cant remember old age and too much wine. Even after Kebano think we still need two maybe 3 if the money is there.
2 to 3 this week and topped up by end of window
By week I took that by Friday.

@jolslover

Also Sigurdsson is our highest paid player now by the way.
STH H3

Chutney

I really rate Woodrow and would love to see him given a chance, his performances for England this summer were sensational. I also hate to see the fans getting on the back and giving stick to such a young player.
C O Y W

hopper

Quote from: @jolslover on August 24, 2016, 11:05:46 AM
Quote from: Wolf on August 24, 2016, 11:03:18 AM

This genuinely baffled me. No way was Woodrow anywhere near Dembele, and Dembele 2 years younger. Was it a racist thing cos Woodrow is white and english? Was it cos Woodrow runs about a bit more. Who knows.

probably cos Dembele was lazy. Certainly misguided though... Dembele would be great within this team. Him and Ross made poor moves IMO

Apprentice to the Maestro

There is no recognition in this about the type of player he is and the stage of his career. He is a hard working lad rather than one with an abundance of raw talent who has not yet had a good run in the team.

For me if he is going to progress he needs to play regularly and get a chance to score regularly. If we do bring in a first choice forward then maybe a loan out to a club like Sheffield United would be good for him.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: hopper on August 24, 2016, 11:07:51 AM

Can't see a club paying 180k a week while he plays elsewhere or someone taking a paycut to that amount to play in Championship.

We don't have to automatically pay half his wages, we basically pay an agreed contribution, which might be 40K a week, which McCormack was surely on at Fulham. For his parent Club, it puts him back in the English window if they are looking to offload, if he has a successful loan period. We won't ever be able to afford him, but he may help fire us back to the Prem.

hopper

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 24, 2016, 11:31:56 AM
Quote from: hopper on August 24, 2016, 11:07:51 AM

We don't have to automatically pay half his wages, we basically pay an agreed contribution, which might be 40K a week, which McCormack was surely on at Fulham. For his parent Club, it puts him back in the English window if they are looking to offload, if he has a successful loan period. We won't ever be able to afford him, but he may help fire us back to the Prem.

Would be a great deal if so. Madness on the Chinese club's part though if they're willing to pay 180k per week for a season - that's surely still paying around ?5-6 mill for a player that will be playing elsewhere.

Should never be on those wages though.

Jonaldiniho 88

We always gave ross the benefit of the doubt early season, he is not close to his class i know but i wont right him off just yet. What he has in common with ross imo is he plays best in a top two. Think he would be good with Smith tbh but if his first touch is poor (can't remember that being a problem for him in the past) then he is a dembele without as many goals. More assists in him I think. I hope we get to see but with average to not good enough ratings so far and with new players coming in he may have missed his chance. Still scored two in two starts

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 24, 2016, 11:42:37 AM
We always gave ross the benefit of the doubt early season, he is not close to his class i know but i wont right him off just yet. What he has in common with ross imo is he plays best in a top two. Think he would be good with Smith tbh but if his first touch is poor (can't remember that being a problem for him in the past) then he is a dembele without as many goals. More assists in him I think. I hope we get to see but with average to not good enough ratings so far and with new players coming in he may have missed his chance. Still scored two in two starts
If new players come in. Can't believe we still haven't got a striker yet
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on August 24, 2016, 11:35:38 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 24, 2016, 11:29:12 AM

There is no recognition in this about the type of player he is and the stage of his career. He is a hard working lad rather than one with an abundance of raw talent who has not yet had a good run in the team.

For me if he is going to progress he needs to play regularly and get a chance to score regularly. If we do bring in a first choice forward then maybe a loan out to a club like Sheffield United would be good for him.

The thing is if a player is lazy but talented you just need to motivate them. but you can't motivate talent into someone who doesn't have it. IMO any player needs at least one strength you try to take advantage of. For example fredericks--not a great player but you can make something of his pace. For woodrow, what is it?
pace? no.
strength? no.
aerial ability? no.
dribbling? no.
playmaking? no.
finishing? no.

Top post.
STH H3

hopper

Quote from: @jolslover on August 24, 2016, 11:46:21 AM
Quote from: Statto on August 24, 2016, 11:35:38 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 24, 2016, 11:29:12 AM

The thing is if a player is lazy but talented you just need to motivate them. but you can't motivate talent into someone who doesn't have it. IMO any player needs at least one strength you try to take advantage of. For example fredericks--not a great player but you can make something of his pace. For woodrow, what is it?
pace? no.
strength? no.
aerial ability? no.
dribbling? no.
playmaking? no.
finishing? no.

Top post.

His finishing is great though. Everything else perhaps not, but he knows where the net is

Horsfield_No9

Anyone else thinking Gyan might be headed to West Ham? He was photographed in London yesterday but surely the wage makes a deal impossible for us.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.