https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on August 24, 2016, 04:25:37 PM
Quote from: mlangstrom on August 24, 2016, 03:53:06 PM
Even if kebano signs, i still think we need 3 more players to chase for promotion.

A right defender, what if odoi gets injured...cant expect Fred to be fit for much of the season.

The top goal scorer we keep hearing about...

Another midfielder, attacking or deffensive depending on where he intends to play jozabed. We need 10 players for these 5 position. At the moment i can only ses 3 def, 4 attacking + joza. With ayite injured, this will b very clear when u look at the bench this coming weekend...

I honestly can't see the huge need for more additions than the striker we will get. The squad seems pretty complete to me:

Goalkeeper: Button, Bettinelli, Joronen

Right back: Kalas, Fredericks (Odoi)
Central defence: Sigurdsson, Madl, Stearman, Ream (Kalas)
Left back: Odoi, Malone, Sessegnon (Ream)

Central midfield duo: McDonald, Jozabed, Parker, Tunnicliffe (Christensen)
Attacking midfield trio: Cairney, Aluko, Kebano, Ayite, Christensen (Jozabed, Sessegnon)

Striker: XXXX, Smith, Woodrow
SJ said Jozabed plays best in a 4-3-3 but against Leeds said they put him behind the striker for a few minutes, which suggests to me he can't play as one of two in our formation.

Interesting days ahead with incomings and outgoings
Every day is a Fulham day

colinwhite

Dont care what system we play we need 4 strikers . Particularly if 2 of them are Smith and Woodrow.

westcliff white

You maybe right but I reckon we will have 3 plus Aluko and Ayite

FFCFOREVER

I just wondered if anyone has an update on tje Kebano situation.I cant find anything about it anywhere.

westcliff white

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on August 24, 2016, 04:53:25 PM
I just wondered if anyone has an update on tje Kebano situation.I cant find anything about it anywhere.
Moved this to the transfer thread as lots in here re Kebano

bmasar

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on August 24, 2016, 04:53:25 PM
A few pages back. His coach at Genk said he will take a medical at Motspur and then return to Genk for the European qualifying match.

Mince n Tatties

One transfer went through today James Vaughan 28,
from Birmingham to Bury.
He was the youngest Premier league scorer at 16 for Everton.
Another promising talent that hasn't really found its
true potential. .It happens to lots though
Capped at under 17, 19 and 21 for England.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: westcliff white on August 24, 2016, 04:28:38 PM
Even if kebano signs, i still think we need 3 more players to chase for promotion.

A right defender, what if odoi gets injured...cant expect Fred to be fit for much of the season.

Another midfielder, attacking or deffensive depending on where he intends to play jozabed. We need 10 players for these 5 position. At the moment i can only ses 3 def, 4 attacking + joza. With ayite injured, this will b very clear when u look at the bench this coming weekend...

I honestly can't see the huge need for more additions than the striker we will get. The squad seems pretty complete to me:

Attacking midfield trio: Cairney, Aluko, Kebano, Ayite, Christensen (Jozabed, Sessegnon)

SJ said Jozabed plays best in a 4-3-3 but against Leeds said they put him behind the striker for a few minutes, which suggests to me he can't play as one of two in our formation.

You might have a point that the defence i deep enough, altough i can see him using kalas as a wing back unless both odoi and fredricks are injured, he did not try him there at all during preseason and i would be sceptical about his attacking skills.

I really hope that jozabed can be used in tge midfield duo once used to the championship pace, he might only be played more forward initially. Could be wishful thinking, but i think he said in an interview that it was only in the last year he was played in a more attacking rolw.

Still think we need one more for the AM trio, its the most common position for injuries and subs are generally used as well. two per positon feels like a minimum.

Count Flapula

Quote from: mlangstrom on August 24, 2016, 05:54:59 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 24, 2016, 04:28:38 PM

You might have a point that the defence i deep enough, altough i can see him using kalas as a wing back unless both odoi and fredricks are injured, he did not try him there at all during preseason and i would be sceptical about his attacking skills.

I really hope that jozabed can be used in tge midfield duo once used to the championship pace, he might only be played more forward initially. Could be wishful thinking, but i think he said in an interview that it was only in the last year he was played in a more attacking rolw.

Still think we need one more for the AM trio, its the most common position for injuries and subs are generally used as well. two per positon feels like a minimum.

Hopefully we get this Kneeskin Kabaddi chap - that should see us reet

Mince n Tatties

This Gyan fella, do you really think after the money he is on
in China is really going to put a shift in away from home
On a cold winters night or day..Me thinks not.
But Im a suspicious character..lol

Fulham Tup North

Where is "Mince n Tatties" STRIKER?????
Still waiting!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mince n Tatties

bobby01

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on August 24, 2016, 06:59:31 PM
Where is "Mince n Tatties" STRIKER?????
Still waiting!

Says up above we have signed xxxx, so that may be him?
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

mkras99

NO-GO FOR GYAN

Asamoah Gyan's proposed move to Fulham is off, Sky Sports understands.

He was due in the UK this week for a medical at the south west London club and to discuss personal terms, but looks set to stay with current club Shanghai SIPG in the Chinese Super League.

westcliff white

Quote from: mkras99 on August 24, 2016, 07:48:21 PM
NO-GO FOR GYAN

He was due in the UK this week for a medical at the south west London club and to discuss personal terms, but looks set to stay with current club Shanghai SIPG in the Chinese Super League.
I am not surprised, said earlier did any one realistically believe we could sign him

Rhys Lightning 63

NO-GO FOR GYAN

Meh, he was 4th on the list of three strikers that I wanted

NOW GO GET BAMFORD!!!
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on August 24, 2016, 08:30:37 PM
NO-GO FOR GYAN

Meh, he was 4th on the list of three strikers that I wanted

NOW GO GET BAMFORD!!!

+1, Bamford all day long for me. Was dubious about paying 2m loan fee for a bloke hardly breaking sweat in China plus hes 30 going on 40

Mince n Tatties

Ordar

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 24, 2016, 10:04:27 PM
Patrick Bamford would be a decent fit.  ⚽️

Apart from the fact him and Tunners hate one another

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Ordar on August 24, 2016, 10:09:29 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 24, 2016, 10:04:27 PM
Patrick Bamford would be a decent fit.  ⚽️

Apart from the fact him and Tunners hate one another

Complete bull, they're actually friends, think Fredricks is a friend also, they've all done time somewhere at a club I think, was a bit of banter that went wrong, was pulled because it was homophobic comments, players have been done before.