https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 26, 2016, 05:36:37 PM
Apparently Carlos Mane is in the building.

The Tate Modern?? St. Paul's Cathedral?? Do tell.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Statto on August 26, 2016, 06:06:57 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 26, 2016, 05:38:03 PM
Quote from: Riversider on August 26, 2016, 05:32:52 PM
Like it or not football is now part of the show business world, after tomorrow's game we have a two week break,
Fulham were never ever going to announce all their signings today, contracts have been agreed and hands have been shaken, but if Fulham had allowed all the presents to be opened today I can guarantee you 100% that somebody would have been on here moaning on deadline day that "we haven't signed anyone"
At least another 3 will be coming in but they will be stage managed as the club sees fit,

But wow, what a transfer window, thank you Mr Khan and all, an amazing job done  082.gif :yay:
:plus one: with your last sentence
Best window for many years and not yet done (we assume)
Well done Mr Khan and the rest of the board and well done Slavisa - a proper coach!

Have people gone mad?! How can a window that starts with mccormack and dembele up front and ends with smith and woodrow be good?

As noted on another thread our net spend is still zero.

All that's assuming the johansen deal doesn't fall through... and Even then i could go off on one about how all these deals should have wrapped up been two months ago without the manager having to kick-off in public

I will start thanking Mr Khan when i know who's playing up front for the rest of the season.

Bit harsh, no? I think we've seen 10 players in, 10 out and a much better end product on the field. Transfer have gone fairly well, and it's going to be impossible to get all transfers in 2 months ahead of time. That's when the "products" are likely the most expensive. I do agree with needing a new striker, as does everyone (perhaps not Wolly) on this board.

BestOfBrede

Like it or not football is now part of the show business world, after tomorrow's game we have a two week break,
Fulham were never ever going to announce all their signings today, contracts have been agreed and hands have been shaken, but if Fulham had allowed all the presents to be opened today I can guarantee you 100% that somebody would have been on here moaning on deadline day that "we haven't signed anyone"
At least another 3 will be coming in but they will be stage managed as the club sees fit,

But wow, what a transfer window, thank you Mr Khan and all, an amazing job done  082.gif :yay:
Well done Mr Khan and the rest of the board and well done Slavisa - a proper coach!

Have people gone mad?! How can a window that starts with mccormack and dembele up front and ends with smith and woodrow be good?

All that's assuming the johansen deal doesn't fall through... and Even then i could go off on one about how all these deals should have wrapped up been two months ago without the manager having to kick-off in public

I will start thanking Mr Khan when i know who's playing up front for the rest of the season.
Yep sorry agree with the bit about Ross - that was complete madness IMO, but peeps on here sort of convinced me that his sale was the only way we would have money to revamp the squad.
So far, they have been right. If we get in decent striker, which I trust Slavisa's judgement on, then it will be a very good window.

ToodlesMcToot

It hasn't ended yet.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mince n Tatties

toshes mate

I can understand what you mean.  What have we gained up front compared to what we've lost?  For starters SJ has demonstrated that matches can we won from deeper on the pitch, via defences that are mean, and midfields that are spiteful and creative.  Forwards or even midfielders have much better chances of scoring when openings are created via different routes in every attack.  Fulham are, or have become, in other words, unpredictable.   The Club still have time to show us the strike force signings but there is always a scramble for strikers and look at some of the rubbish Fulham has signed in the past.

SJ is a top coach and Fulham are giving him a chance to show just how good he is.  That is the first good news the Club has given me since Khan took over.

hovewhite

Quote from: toshes mate on August 26, 2016, 06:42:02 PM

I can understand what you mean.  What have we gained up front compared to what we've lost?  For starters SJ has demonstrated that matches can we won from deeper on the pitch, via defences that are mean, and midfields that are spiteful and creative.  Forwards or even midfielders have much better chances of scoring when openings are created via different routes in every attack.  Fulham are, or have become, in other words, unpredictable.   The Club still have time to show us the strike force signings but there is always a scramble for strikers and look at some of the rubbish Fulham has signed in the past.

SJ is a top coach and Fulham are giving him a chance to show just how good he is.  That is the first good news the Club has given me since Khan took over.
100% with you and within the spending limits,I wish Ross still here but he made the choice not Slav,so get use to it!!

Lighthouse

We have improved in every part of the pitch except up front. But in attacking players we have a far better bunch than we had. Until the window closes on Wednesday we will have to wait and see before a final statement can be made. However let us say we brought in a quality forward then  we would still like more.  But everybody must see the vast improvement in the quality of players coming in. I know it is frustrating but nearly all the business is done from here on in and not weeks before. Just the name of the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hopper

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 26, 2016, 07:00:27 PM
We have improved in every part of the pitch except up front. But in attacking players we have a far better bunch than we had. Until the window closes on Wednesday we will have to wait and see before a final statement can be made. However let us say we brought in a quality forward then  we would still like more.  But everybody must see the vast improvement in the quality of players coming in. I know it is frustrating but nearly all the business is done from here on in and not weeks before. Just the name of the game.

I think everybody does, and its being shown on the pitch. To say we are weaker just by focussing on Ross and Dembele while ignoring the bigger picture is completely mindless

Twig

Quote from: Porthogs FC on August 26, 2016, 06:11:31 PM

Bit harsh, no? I think we've seen 10 players in, 10 out and a much better end product on the field. Transfer have gone fairly well, and it's going to be impossible to get all transfers in 2 months ahead of time. That's when the "products" are likely the most expensive. I do agree with needing a new striker, as does everyone (perhaps not Wolly) on this board.

16 out i think

MJG

Quote from: MJG on August 21, 2016, 09:21:17 PM
2 to 3 in this week, and even possibly the one SJ said had been vetoed.
So I have been told today.
Well have to say the person who told me this has delivered as he said they would.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: MJG on August 26, 2016, 08:07:52 PM
Well have to say the person who told me this has delivered as he said they would.

Sooo than how many more is that person expecting before deadline? 2? 3?

f321ffc

c
Yes Sir well done to your ITK and thanks for the info. 065.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

Quote from: Porthogs FC on August 26, 2016, 08:16:26 PM

3 more, 2 strikers / forwards and a wide player
Every day is a Fulham day

Mhbruce

Quote from: westcliff white on August 26, 2016, 08:24:17 PM

Feels like we'll be overflowing with attacking midfielders, but your right none of them are particularly wide players

MJG

2 strikers deffo

J

Quote from: Mhbruce on August 26, 2016, 08:27:17 PM

Feels like we'll be overflowing with attacking midfielders, but your right none of them are particularly wide players

Kebano can play as a winger

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on August 26, 2016, 08:32:50 PM

2 strikers deffo
id be happy with just 1 good striker.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

f321ffc

So from all those linked over the last week still outstanding are.
Enrich
Cyriac
Mane
The other one I can think of is Gyan but I think we can dismiss that one happening,
So out or those three if two  sign does anyone know enough about them to pick two.
049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional