https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

Quote from: Statto on August 28, 2016, 01:56:17 PM
Quote from: Matty389 on August 28, 2016, 01:00:45 PM
Cyriac retweeted the news of kebano being transferred to Fulham... That's got to be more than just a coincidental retweet!

He did also retweet a Brentford post by a former Anderlecht teammate though...

He's 'liked' two recent posts encouraging him to come to Fulham - but none of this really signals anything other than that he would be interested.

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HillFace

Not too keen on the Gyan rumours. Bit of troublesome character from what I've heard. Was once embroiled in a weird sacrificial killing scandal. Very bizarre.

Also done a quick search on his estimated wages at his current club. Makes a cool 11.5millionGBP a year. That's a whole McCormack. He would have to take a wage cut, obviously, but I reckon it would still be pretty high.
The above may be nonsense

westcliff white

Quote from: HillFace on August 28, 2016, 02:15:00 PM
Not too keen on the Gyan rumours. Bit of troublesome character from what I've heard. Was once embroiled in a weird sacrificial killing scandal. Very bizarre.

Also done a quick search on his estimated wages at his current club. Makes a cool 11.5millionGBP a year. That's a whole McCormack. He would have to take a wage cut, obviously, but I reckon it would still be pretty high.
We wouldn't be  paying his wages, we would be pay a fee of between 1 and 2 million for him, in fact it seems any club taking him on loan for the season will do the same
Every day is a Fulham day

Arthur

I would be pleased with Gyan. I would back him to score a goal every other game at our level. A shame that Sunderland are in the hunt for him; I'm sure we can fend off the interest of other Championship clubs, but whether we can match the lure of playing at Old Trafford, Anfield etc., I have my doubts.

TrexFFC

is Gyan really a team player though?  I don't want selfish players.  I want players that play as a team.  I feel like that is what we are trying to build. Gyan's quality may be above any of the other strikers we've been looking at but will he sacrifice for the good of the team, will he complain/moan?, will the team suddenly need to be centered around him?  There's no denying he has some talent but to me I think the risk is greater than a potential reward. All this being said I wouldn't be depressed if we signed him.  I would just hope he buys in and works hard.

mkras99

valdeingruo

Quote from: TrexFFC on August 28, 2016, 02:59:00 PM
is Gyan really a team player though?  I don't want selfish players.  I want players that play as a team.  I feel like that is what we are trying to build. Gyan's quality may be above any of the other strikers we've been looking at but will he sacrifice for the good of the team, will he complain/moan?, will the team suddenly need to be centered around him?  There's no denying he has some talent but to me I think the risk is greater than a potential reward. All this being said I wouldn't be depressed if we signed him.  I would just hope he buys in and works hard.

I agree with this. If he does come and buys into the Jokanovic system, we could have a lethal player on our hands. If he doesnt, we could have a player that takes too many shots when the easy pass is the better option. This squad is really playing as a team and all it takes is one player to put a damper on that.

Would also have a slight reservation of the caliber of players hes faced in the past few years. I dont usually like to question league standards as all have pros as well as cons, but I am curious where China and the UAE would be put in a "table of leagues"
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Deeping_white

Personally I wouldn't mind Martin and Cyriac, because you need two different types of forward and that's what they provide. in some games, we're going to need Martin's Physical presence, and against other teams, having a pacey striker like Cyriac who can get in behind defences will be a better tactic. We can't be 1 dimensional and have 2 pacey strikers; we need one of each. The people saying Martin isn't that much better than Smith must be joking, he's consistently scored goals in this league and would do a good job for us.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 28, 2016, 03:41:51 PM
Personally I wouldn't mind Martin and Cyriac, because you need two different types of forward and that's what they provide. in some games, we're going to need Martin's Physical presence, and against other teams, having a pacey striker like Cyriac who can get in behind defences will be a better tactic. We can't be 1 dimensional and have 2 pacey strikers; we need one of each. The people saying Martin isn't that much better than Smith must be joking, he's consistently scored goals in this league and would do a good job for us.

0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg :plus one:
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Lighthouse

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 28, 2016, 03:41:51 PM

If that happened, that we had both of them and kept Smith. Well what a window it would have been. We can but dream.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

ChrisP1234

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

rusty shackleford

Cyriac the wee tease posted on twitter an emoticon of a man walking (suggesting hes off somewhere(possibly(maybe not)))

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on August 29, 2016, 09:50:24 AM
Quote from: ChrisP1234 on August 29, 2016, 09:38:57 AM
Gyan having medical at Reading now apparently.
:clap_hands:
it's all right being happy if you don't want him here, but if we were seriously in for him and he goes to reading, then the club will now be in a frantic mode. We could end up with a right old dodgy panic buy
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

alexmur

Slaphead in Qatar

Deeping_white

According to someone on twitter who's usually v accurate with all things Fulham related, we've rejected Gyan because talks have gone well with our main targets (doesn't specify who though)