watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

We should all be hoping for just one more signing tomorrow, that elusive target man/striker to make it a very good window for us. Let us hope it all happens early in the day and we get the man Jocanovic wants.

filham

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 30, 2016, 07:55:03 PM
Bit worried that Cyriac won't be enough, and the skeptic in me says, that it'll just be like us to fall short once again. Shame, because we've had a really good window, but hope we have something up our sleeves.

We are playing 4-5-1 so with one very good new striker and Woodrow and Smith as back up we should do well as long as the new guy is not injury prone. Of course with Stats Boy on the job injury prone players should be a thing of the past.

f321ffc

From Spanish media this afternoon.

Who now awaiting their future is Sergi Enrich Minorcan. The player Eibar is considering an offer from Fulham, offered four million euros to the club Guipuzcoa. It is not the first time that the English Second Division team intends to sign the striker. Already tried it last season. Add to that the fact that just joined Eibar Tenerife striker Nano, a move that can mean goodbye Sergi Enrich.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

river phoenix

Quote from: f321ffc on August 30, 2016, 09:55:37 PM
From Spanish media this afternoon.

Who now awaiting their future is Sergi Enrich Minorcan. The player Eibar is considering an offer from Fulham, offered four million euros to the club Guipuzcoa. It is not the first time that the English Second Division team intends to sign the striker. Already tried it last season. Add to that the fact that just joined Eibar Tenerife striker Nano, a move that can mean goodbye Sergi Enrich.

My two cents are Sergi Enrich is a backup option for us if we miss out on Chris Martin. I expect one of them plus Cyriac signed tomorrow. Martin and Cyriac would be perfect.

westcliff white

Quote from: hovewhite on August 30, 2016, 09:29:24 PM
It's been a brilliant window and would be great to get another striker in but if it doesn't happen so be it.
I wouldn't say brilliantly, I would say we have had a good to very good window, certainly our best in a few seasons. However, we certainly need at least one striker preferably two, so we can kill teams off.

I think 3 signings a loan to cover the Ruiz fee shortfall plus two others, of which two of those three will be strikers
Every day is a Fulham day

Arthur

Won't any deal for Martin depend upon The Rams' bringing in another striker? The Martin rumour was, I believe, sparked by Derby's bid for Kodjia, but, as we know, he's slipped through their fingers.

If so, it's not a situation we want to be in on the last day of the window. If Derby fail to nail their man, we could have the rug pulled from under the Martin switch too late to do anything else.

westcliff white

They signed Vydra so a derby fan I know reckons they will still sell Martin

sarnian

Derby say no offers received. Would be happy with one or two forwards with a bit of pace.

MickyAdamsFamily

What happened to the Nemanja Nikolic rumours?
As much as I'd be happy with Cyriac and Enrich (or Martin, if possible), I'd be ecstatic with Nikolic. His goal scoring record is amazing, and has gone on long enough to definitely be no fluke; 224 goals in 385 appearances. He has been the leading scorer in every league in which he has played, and although it could be argued that those have been some weak leagues, he has kept up that scoring pace as he has moved up to tougher competition. It's fair to compare his numbers with, say, Cyriac, as Belgium isn't exactly Serie A, either. Definitely ought to tick the box for stat-man Kline.
Allegedly we had enquired about him to Legia Warsaw back in July, and I read lots of chatter weeks ago, but it all went quiet. Oh well...
I know that I shouldn't hope for a Siggurdson like surprise tomorrow, but still, it'd be great, and if not Nikolic, than some other fabulous striker who's completely under the radar (but not of the David Elm/Orlando Sa variety, please).
A good day tomorrow, and I will be very optimistic for the season ahead.
COYW!

love4ffc

Quote from: Statto on August 30, 2016, 11:29:56 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on August 30, 2016, 09:29:24 PM
It's been a brilliant window and would be great to get another striker in but if it doesn't happen so be it.

0001.gif

I actually would agree with Hovewhite that the window has been a really good window so far.  The squad has been improved and our start to the season shows it. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

cmg

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on August 31, 2016, 12:05:25 AM
What happened to the Nemanja Nikolic rumours?

The last I saw was that he was on the verge of signing for Hull for something like £3m but even that has gone quiet these last few days.

I agree with you. He looks to me a Chris Martin type player or maybe better and he would be much cheaper.

..FOF..

We have St Etienne fans making rude remark to Fulham FC on twitter... apparently we are going for Ole Kristian.... another midfielder.

In another news, Jordan Rhodes to Fulham is gathering steam.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: ..FOF.. on August 31, 2016, 02:08:21 AM
We have St Etienne fans making rude remark to Fulham FC on twitter... apparently we are going for Ole Kristian.... another midfielder.

Where is it gathering steam - certainly not at the bookmakers.

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/football-specials/jordan-rhodes/club-after-summer-transfer-window

westcliff white

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 31, 2016, 05:59:57 AM

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/football-specials/jordan-rhodes/club-after-summer-transfer-window
This lad was bid for before we signed Johanssen, so would expect this deal to have gone away now, hopefully the funds will be invested elsewhere.

dannyboi-ffc

On Tiff someone mentioned that we have enquired about Benik Afobe at Bournemouth.  Probably bull though.

Would love it if it was true. Afobe Cyriac and Marshall would be an amazing deadline day for us even if Afobe was only a loan
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Northern Cottager

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 31, 2016, 08:07:32 AM
On Tiff someone mentioned that we have enquired about Benik Afobe at Bournemouth.  Probably bull though.

Would love it if it was true. Afobe Cyriac and Marshall would be an amazing deadline day for us even if Afobe was only a loan

Get them 3 and we'll probably almost definitely maybe be in the top 4 come the end of the season...

Hoppus

Quote from: westcliff white on August 31, 2016, 07:25:45 AM

This lad was bid for before we signed Johanssen, so would expect this deal to have gone away now, hopefully the funds will be invested elsewhere.

Quote from: westcliff white on August 31, 2016, 07:25:45 AM

That's correct. It`s a big story in Norwegian media that we offered St Etienne 100 mill Norwegian kroner (10 mill pounds) for Ole Selnes.
Selnes was the playmaker for my Norwegian team Rosenborg before St Etienne bought him. He is a different kind of player then Stefan Johansen, and I would love it if we got him. But now we need strikers, not another midfielder.
Selnes is one of the most clever footballers I have seen in the Norwegian league, he`s left foot is just brilliant and he can delivers passes like few others. I am sure he has a great future.

Keynsham

I think people may need to calm down a little about our promotion prospects.  It's been a great start, but one game aside most of the teams we have played are struggling.

I'm an optimist and can see the improvements in the side, but there is a long way to go yet before I am convinced that we can actually challenge.

..FOF..

On loan only, it seems.... and twitter's steam  :005:

Riversider

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 31, 2016, 08:50:23 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 31, 2016, 08:07:32 AM

Get them 3 and we'll probably almost definitely maybe be in the top 4 come the end of the season...

"Probably almost definitely maybe " mind those splinters up your ar*e