Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexmur

adebayor will never pass the stats test never mind the medical

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

westcliff white

Have to say being linked with and in according to sky sources in talks with Adebayour smacks of desperation and panic. I have not criticised the club over tansfers this summer but htis is poor. Sold Ross a month ago coul dhave got someone in by now.

Come on FFC do us a favour knock this money seeker on the head and find someone who wants to play football rather than who is interested in money.
Every day is a Fulham day

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Totally disagree. Quick, great in the air, skillful, a brilliant shot and COULD rip up this league, even if just for a season.

Legate21

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 31, 2016, 10:04:52 AM
Who is reporting Ade interest

Sky Sports are running it, not sure where it originated though.

..FOF..

He is not ripping anything for the past 2 season, right?

rusty shackleford

Love or hate him, he will do well in the championship.

His fellow Togan (Togian? Togoese?) Ayite is here too so maybe he'd behave himself.

I like his mentalness actually.

westcliff white

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on August 31, 2016, 10:08:04 AM
Totally disagree. Quick, great in the air, skillful, a brilliant shot and COULD rip up this league, even if just for a season.
a few years back maybe but his last couple of seasons he was terrible. At palace he showed nothing of what you say, just a lazy player walking around and moaning. (Sound familiar?)

Riversider

How about Connor Wickham from Palace on a season long loan ?
They've signed Benteke and Remy now, Wickham on loan would save us £8 million on Chris Martin and Wickham wouldn't have to uproot his family,
Decent player methinks.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Legate21 on August 31, 2016, 10:08:51 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 31, 2016, 10:04:52 AM
Who is reporting Ade interest

Sky Sports are running it, not sure where it originated though.

If that's what we get then it's very disappointing

westcliff white

Not a bad shout riversider, especially given as who we have now been linked to by Sky.

Might as well go for Wickham and Campbell, neither are worse than Adebayour, in fact I think Wickham kept Adebayour out of the palace team in the end

Fulham76

Quote from: westcliff white on August 31, 2016, 10:10:34 AM
a few years back maybe but his last couple of seasons he was terrible. At palace he showed nothing of what you say, just a lazy player walking around and moaning. (Sound familiar?)

Got to agree with that.

Personally will be very underwhelmed if we get Adebayor

rusty shackleford

Isnt Adebayour a free agent? So we wouldnt necessarily have to sign him today

westcliff white

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 31, 2016, 10:18:22 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 31, 2016, 10:10:34 AM

Got to agree with that.

Personally will be very underwhelmed if we get Adebayor
Underwhelmed wouldnt cover how I would feel

Lighthouse

Yeah well I am rather hoping we are waiting on Martin as Derby are waiting to sign a replacement and all the Adebayor rumours are just that. Would have hoped for two forwards but as time goes on the panic begins.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Matty389

I would love Adebayor personally, I think he would be great in the championship and is the presence we need up top - that bit of class we are looking for! Given, he hasn't played properly for a while now but he looked promising to start off with at palace... Promising

westcliff white

and then got drooped for poor attitude and not showing up for training, replaced by Wickham. A few years back I would have been all over this but now not for me. HIgh salary which could be better spent else where. We should put this on the back burner as a free agent and if we can get anyone else then signing him tomorrow if we really have too

Barrett487

No fee involved for Adebayor, so limited risk. If he's desperate to play, then he can't demand extortionate wages that would unsettle the squad. He did naff all for Palace last year, but SJ may be able to get something out of him if he co-operates with a stiff training regime. He does have a nose for goal (or did up to 2014), so maybe he was playing in the wrong scheme?

grandad

Players become free agents for a reason. Too old, past it, injury prone, bad attitude, poor training ethic, Social fife more important et al.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties