more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ross vs Kostas

Started by ToodlesMcToot, May 05, 2016, 09:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

A hypothetical....

Let's suppose that Villa's or Brighton's interest in Ross is genuine at the supposed value of 15 million. And, let's suppose that Kostas was being genuine when he was here, that he is happy to play for us, if allowed.

Would you forgo the supposed 7 million offer from Benfica, keep Kostas to be the main striker, and allow Ross to go for the 15 million?

I say this as a hypothetical because I imagine that Kostas' wages are still prohibitive under FFP. And, no I do not want rid of Ross. I'm just curious to know if there's anyone, at this point, that might prefer the Greek or feel that he'd be a better fit for SJ's "style".
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

I'd give Ross away on a free if it meant keeping kosta
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

gezkc

I thought he said he didn't want to play in the Championship?

Anyway, whatever his attitude towards playing for Fulham, I'd prefer to see Mitroglou go now. This whole saga has left a bitter taste and I think we'd be better off using the money on someone else.

I'd like to see Ross stay personally.

Carborundum

Doubt KM is paid more than Scott Parker no longer will be after the end of this season, so maybe FFP isn't necessarily an issue.  Let's assume there's no binding legal agreement in place to sell him, which would make this speculation a non-starter.  Then it probably comes down to whether SJ wants him and whether KM has indicated that he would down tools if obliged to fulfil the contract he signed.  And Mr Khan is plenty rich enough to call that bluff if he chooses.

KM would surely walk into any side in the Championship, irrespective of who else is on their books.  Would be surprised if SJ didn't want a willing KM.  For me the RMcC issue is a red herring - I expect they would be rather good together.

Expect to see some comings and goings that surprise us.  Maybe be the return of KM, maybe not.

Fulham76

Quote from: fulhamben on May 06, 2016, 01:53:15 AM
I'd give Ross away on a free if it meant keeping kosta

Really? Ross who has proved himself at this level season after season, even at crap teams like ours versus someone who is completely unproven at this level?

alfie

Quote from: gezkc on May 06, 2016, 08:20:40 AM
I thought he said he didn't want to play in the Championship?

Anyway, whatever his attitude towards playing for Fulham, I'd prefer to see Mitroglou go now. This whole saga has left a bitter taste and I think we'd be better off using the money on someone else.

I'd like to see Ross stay personally.

I thought he just said he did not want to but he would if selected.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

westcliff white

What he said was I want to play for Fulham but in the premier league, as well as Mitro saying that Kit said that at the start of the season. It was also stated at the time, that he would have no problem playing for us in the championship if a loan move could not be sorted.

Personally I would like to play both if Moussa leaves, however for both the club and player it may be best if Kostas does go.

Kostas's place in London is actually right next door to my best friend, he is a nice guy.
Every day is a Fulham day

Bronaldinho

Mitroglou was on £40k when he signed for us.

That's what SSN were reporting back at the time, Parker is highest earner.

But Mitroglou won't play in the Championship, he wants to play at the highest level.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Rhys Lightning 63

Ross > Mitroghost, and it's not even close
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

JoelH5

Doesn't Mitro have a few months left on his contract? I really can't see him renewing..
I was there, standing in the Putney end

cmg

Mitroglou is contracted to FFC to 30.6.2018.

At the time that his season-long loan to Benfica was signed at the beginning of this season we also agreed an option to sell him outright to Benfica at the end of the season for an agreed sum (said to be €7m). Only in the event of Benfica not exercising that option (they are said to have already indicated that they will do so) or if they were unable to agree terms with the player would the possibility of Mitroglou returning here arise.

[Cut out and paste - this has appeared several hundred times before]

@jolslover

Mitroglou is better than Ross. But sadly he will not play for us again.
STH H3

The Enclosurite

Kostas would smash this division given the chance.  Shame it will never happen though.
¡COYW!