watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Burton Albion

Started by aaronmcguigan, May 08, 2016, 09:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

We will be welcoming Burton Albion to the cottage as league opponents for the first time if I'm not mistaken.

Nigel Clough is the current manager in his second spell. In his first spell he managed to get them promoted to the football league and oversaw the move into the current stadium The Pirelli Stadium in 2005.

Nigel Clough was in charge of Sheffield Utd I think when they dumped us out of the FA Cup in our relegation year.

Gary Rowett, now at Birmingham was the boss when we played them in the league cup, again in our relegation year where we scraped through on penalties after goals from Hugo and Taarabt left the score 2-2 after extra time.

The only other Fulham connection in my head was Burton giving Paul Peschisolido his first and to date only managerial job. He didn't last the season and was sacked in favour of Rowett. Peschisolido aside, they seem to have a great track record with appointing young managers having also given Hasselbaink his first English management job.

Anyone else have anything related to our new league opponents?

davew

No, but they will probably do the double over us next year!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Rhys Lightning 63

I covered them quite a lot during the 2014-15 season at University, including the title lifting ceremony. Is that vague enough?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

dannyboi-ffc

The only link I can see is that if we don't have a big summer and sort out the current mess....then we could be going for a Burton
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

davew

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 08, 2016, 09:14:33 PM
The only link I can see is that if we don't have a big summer and sort out the current mess....then we could be going for a Burton
Elizabeth did that more than once!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Airfix

One thing I do know about them is that the away trip should be REALLY interesting, being as Burton is home to a large number of breweries!

filham

Surely we can be expected to perform marginally better against Burton than we will against Villa or say Newcastle.
Wigan also promoted so I will quite look forward to the Wigan and Burton matches at the Cottage but Millwall can yet be promoted which is not something to relish.