watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can we do a Leicester

Started by The Swan, May 09, 2016, 07:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Leicester finished just outside the relegation zone last season.
This season they win the title.
We finished just outside the relegation zone this season, can we win the Championship title next season.
If Leicester can do it, why not Fulham.
The Swan

Fulham76

The major difference is they finished last season on top form. Think they won about 10 of their last 12, so things had started to click for them & they carried it on this season.
We've shown consistently poor form.

copthornemike

Logically no - but Leicester have shown dreams can still come to fruition in football.

dannyboi-ffc

And that's the beauty of what Leicester have achieved. They have given all of us hope that the next season is a new start and to believe.....why not us?

I have faith that it will be a lot better next season as I feel the manager is less of a yes man than Kit and will be very clear with what and who he wants to bring in. I also feel Khan can't afford to let this get any worse so its a big window to put things right and with a good start who knows what can happen.  It's more likely than what Leicester achieved, for starters it won't even be close to 5000-1 so why not?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

HatterDon

We could but we'd have to change everything we have done on the pitch for the last few seasons. Leicester has a solid defensive plan, gives up possession willingly to press for turnovers and quick break outs -- you know, what many on here call "lumping it up the pitch."

All we really need is speed to burn, a defensive plan, good coaching, and a manager who knows how to win with a limited squad.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jarv

Probably 86 other league clubs asking the same question. Biggest change I suspect there will be no more 5000/1 outsiders.

filham

Possible but unlikely, we thought we were on the right tracks last summer but failed hopelessly. A mid table season would be a huge step forward for us.

Oakeshott

Depends on whether J turns out to be as good as we'd hoped, or not. Up to the Brighton game I was hopeful, but three of our last five performances were so dire, and some selection decisions so questionable, that I am less so now.

Abbotsbury White

I'd settle for doing a Brighton,finished 20th last season on  47 points,nearly automatic promotion this and still a good chance in play off's,I dont think they spent mega money either.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

domprague

Leicester finished last season like a runaway train so they had momentum and confidence. We finished it like the 0848 to Horsham stuck in a siding.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

westcliff white

We can yes, however we need to get realistic first, thats the club and us as fans. By that I mean accept whats wrong and where we are now, then look to improve on it rather than keep making the same mistakes and making changes for the sake of it. us fans need to stop looking for scapegoats and get behind the team and the club, yes we have a right to be dissapointed but some of the remarks are way over the top, talk of placards and walk outs don't help anyone.

With the right investment this summer we could easily be in the top 6, we have some decent players who most on this board lauded the signings of, good championship players, they didnt perform (players not performing is story of the last few years for us) thats for certain but how much of that is them or the training or the constant changing of coaches? If as I say we invest well and get players that want to be with us, have a desire to improve and show what they can do and above all play the way SJ wants then yes we can do a Leicester. But then any team can do that with the right desires.
Every day is a Fulham day