watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Kirkland

Started by H4usuallysitting, May 10, 2016, 10:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

is available on a free.....wouldn't be a bad shout?

J.Perkins

Agree, wouldn't be a bad shout. Would be a catastrophic one though.

westcliff white

He is injury prone and as Rob Green is available i would say if we wanted a keeper on a free the Green would be the better shout
Every day is a Fulham day

bog

Kirkland was a top prospect but a horrendous run of injuries held back his career. Mind you his father made a nice sum of money after putting a bet on Chris playing in goal for England when he was still a child. (no not when he was still a child but when he grew up...)  Robert Green would do for me.

092.gif

Northern Cottager

He got a run in the Preston side at the end of the season and was less than convincing. Not as good as Lonergan.

bill taylors apprentice

Yesterdays man.

No thanks.

David Allen Crankshaw

SP

Nothing against Rob Green personally, but the sight of him doing the 'new signings' picture at Motspur Park would be the icing on the cake of a very depressing period for being a Cottager.

hovewhite

Not even sure we can sign anybody!!!

aaronmcguigan

Not 100% secure with bettinelli between the sticks but its prob the least of our problems

davew

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on May 13, 2016, 09:52:37 PM
Not 100% secure with bettinelli between the sticks but its prob the least of our problems
He's pretty quick at picking the ball out of our net, the problems are ahead of him!! Changing our goalkeeper is way down my priority list!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

res

Quote from: bog on May 11, 2016, 09:06:50 AM
Kirkland was a top prospect but a horrendous run of injuries held back his career. Mind you his father made a nice sum of money after putting a bet on Chris playing in goal for England when he was still a child. (no not when he was still a child but when he grew up...)  Robert Green would do for me.

092.gif

And he only played for England once..but once was enough to pick up his winnings

Wearethewhites

McCarthy for me if we can still get him. Was close in January, but one of our outgoing players failed, so it scuppered the loan deal. Currently 3rd choice at Palace, which is slightly ironic, as he's a bloody good keeper - and he comes out to catch balls.

Count Flapula

Kirkland had immense promise a decade or so ago - could have been a monster keeper if the cards fell better but sadly it wasn't to be for him. Unfortunately I don't think he is the answer for us at this stage.

I think Betts has a lot of good qualities but dealing with crosses and crosses / commanding his area is currently an acute weakness to his game. I hope this is something he can develop in time but presently it costs us dearly as adds immense pressure to a defence already in disarray.

I think a solid keeper who claims crosses and commands his area IS WITHOUT DOUBT A PRIORITY. This confidence radiates to the defence and takes pressure off of them - you can't underestimate how crucial this is to the foundation of a solid team and a lack of solidity is at the heart of our current predicament.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 15, 2016, 11:24:03 AM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 14, 2016, 01:41:42 PM
McCarthy for me if we can still get him. Was close in January, but one of our outgoing players failed, so it scuppered the loan deal. Currently 3rd choice at Palace, which is slightly ironic, as he's a bloody good keeper - and he comes out to catch balls.

Yes I also like McCarthy he is the real deal, so if Fulham are actually looking to sign a Goalkeeper of his quality, then he would be my choice, but I am not sure if a Goalkeeper is on their wanted list still. 

After watching Betts coming back from injury, I think there will be.

domprague

I hear Pat Jennings is available.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Travers Barney

Getting a new keeper is absolute 1st  priority in my opinion.
We are the whites

PokerMatt

As per my thread on the matter a few weeks ago, I also think a keeper is high up the list.

I have an inkling that should we get a keeper who commands his box and controls his defence suddenly our woeful defenders will look much better.

That keeper is more Mccarthy and less Kirkland though.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

westcliff white

Personally a keeper is in the middle of my list, we need replacements for Demeble and possibly Ross, as well as some pace wide and a commanding centre back, oh yes don't forget we need maybe a right and left back who know their jobs are to defend first and foremost. That's quite a lot lol.

I would say in the full back role I am happy to use Fredericks if he can stay fit and play for 90 minutes, but wee do need a left back.
Every day is a Fulham day

Twig

Quote from: westcliff white on May 16, 2016, 07:30:35 AM
Personally a keeper is in the middle of my list, we need replacements for Demeble and possibly Ross, as well as some pace wide and a commanding centre back, oh yes don't forget we need maybe a right and left back who know their jobs are to defend first and foremost. That's quite a lot lol.

I would say in the full back role I am happy to use Fredericks if he can stay fit and play for 90 minutes, but wee do need a left back.

Pretty much agree with your list of priorities.  Of course, being greedy I want every single one resolved!