watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What now for big Clubs

Started by VicHalomsLovechild, May 12, 2016, 08:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicHalomsLovechild

Newcastle and Villa relegated and small clubs like Watford, Palace and Bournemouth finishing pretty close to middle of the league points wise. Only a few wins behind Chelsea and Liverpool.
Is fair play and spending cleverly starting to have an effect?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

The Old Count

Nothing to do with fair play. More to do with good management throughout the club from top to bottom.  And a bit of luck.

Rhys Lightning 63

Take out the middle bit about the parade, and this pretty much sums it up

http://youtu.be/VQt7hDWLflY
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

HatterDon

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on May 12, 2016, 08:14:34 AM
Newcastle and Villa relegated and small clubs like Watford, Palace and Bournemouth finishing pretty close to middle of the league points wise. Only a few wins behind Chelsea and Liverpool.
Is fair play and spending cleverly starting to have an effect?

two of those three clubs will be relegated at the end of next season, and Newcastle will be going back up as champions

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

VicHalomsLovechild

Not sure they will. Big problems there with owner and fans and I think the manager might jump ship midway through the break

BalDrick

Think two clubs have got lucky this season solely due to the sheer ineptitude of Villa and Newcastle. Villa I don't see going back up any time soon but suspect Newcastle will be a force to be reckoned with.

Benitez won't stay there, my bet is Pearson will go there. And show us what we could have had, had Rigg not been an egotistical twit
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Carborundum

One of the biggest changes in my football watching lifetime has been the effect of home and away fans.  Now it is away fans that provide teams with the 12th man effect, even though there's only a few thousand seats allocated.  Home fans pile pressure onto home players who freeze.  So big clubs with big home attendances don't get quite the boost they used to.

Away fans are mostly on a good day out.  Home fans are a quite often a bunch of critics who analyse everything and forget it's all supposed to be fun.  I could blame the advent of web forums for this latter tendency. :022:

Anyone for a prawn sandwich?

VicHalomsLovechild

That's something I hadn't thought about. Also away teams seem to go for broke now when they're a goal adrift or even level. Defender off, forward on.