watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Old Trafford Evacuated

Started by Wearethewhites, May 15, 2016, 03:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Officials confirm that Police are investigating a suspect package in the north-west quadrant at Old Trafford.

Really hope it's a false alarm.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 15, 2016, 03:06:06 PM
Officials confirm that Police are investigating a suspect package in the north-west quadrant at Old Trafford.

Really hope it's a false alarm.

Hopefully it's only a bag of abandoned City of Liverpool car tax discs
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Wearethewhites

Burt

From the BBC:

Manchester United's final-day match against Bournemouth has been called off because of a suspect package.

Two stands - the Sir Alex Ferguson Stand and the Stretford End - were evacuated before the home game against Bournemouth and sniffer dogs brought in to search the stands.

Kick-off, due at 15:00 BST, was delayed and shortly afterwards the match was abandoned on police advice.

Security personnel are supervising fans exiting the stadium.

An "operation red code" alert was heard over the tannoy at 14:40 BST and the players who were warming up left the field.

The suspect package was found in the north-west corner of the stadium.

Wearethewhites

The Media all now being told to leave the Stadium

Wearethewhites

BREAKING: The 'suspect package' found at Old Trafford was a mobile phone attached to pipes.

Fulham76

Whether this was a false alarm or not, I have wondered why these weirdo terrorist types that like to blow things & innocent people up in the name of an even weirder thing haven't targeted a football match before.

So many innocent people in one place, the freaks could have a field day!

Wearethewhites

Pipe bomb by all accounts. Fake or real, the Media reporting the same type of design used back with the IRA.

Wearethewhites

Bomb disposal carried out a controlled explosion, and have confirmed it was a fake/dummy/replica. 

Berserker

Well it is a lesson learned with luckily no injuries. It will show still just how easy it is to get a potentially lethal device into a stadium

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Berserker on May 15, 2016, 06:34:51 PM
Well it is a lesson learned with luckily no injuries. It will show still just how easy it is to get a potentially lethal device into a stadium

Agree and it's time that turnstiles become scanners (as at airports), unfortunately

Blanco

The "suspect package" had been left behind by a private company during a training exercise. What a bunch of idiots.

Berserker

Wow they will be in trouble

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HatterDon

I feel for the working folks of Bournemouth who ponied up their gelt to make their first competitive trip to OT, then got there and had no match to go to. Monday IS a work day, and I'm sure less than half who made the trip would be able to stay overnight. Somebody's ass needs to be handed to them.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Sgt Fulham

Absolutely insane. Who plants fake explosives and forgets to account for them all before they leave???

Holders

No blame on the emergency services whatever and, following the recent increase in alert level and given that it was the type of bomb used by the IRA, entirely correct to evacuate. Just imagine if it had gone off! Whatever pillock left it there unaccounted for will be well and truly for the high jump.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Berserker

To be honest they were luckily there wasn't a fatality or injury just evacuating the stadium. Very bad situation living a training device behind.
Also would somebody have done this on purpose, would there have been advantage to anybody to have the match disrupted or prospond? Can't believe it myself but there are idiots about

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fulham76

Quote from: Blanco on May 15, 2016, 10:25:04 PM
The "suspect package" had been left behind by a private company during a training exercise. What a bunch of idiots.

Excellent work! A nice & slick operation this company is running!

Just the sort of people you'd want looking out for your safety  fp.gif

Nice one