https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Congrats Mike Rigg

Started by J.Perkins, May 15, 2016, 09:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

You can't blame him.....let's be honest we aren't that good are we

filham

If Hyndman has failed to get regular game time under different managers in a club finishing 20th in the Championship where can he move to in order to get more game time.
Wimbledon perhaps if they are promoted to division 1

David Allen Crankshaw

I actually think that Felix Magath introduced Hyndman into the first team too early. It was perhaps too much to expect a young player to make the leap from youth football to the Championship and be an instant success.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 16, 2016, 09:58:03 AM
You can't blame him.....let's be honest we aren't that good are we

Exactly, anyone in his position would have done exactly the same, wouldn't you?

I can't see how Rigg gets the blame for this situation.

Two Ton Ted

Emerson Hyndman is a prospect, no more, no less. If he was good enough he would have started as many games as Dembele.

He's one of a breed of young players who expects to be playing week in week out at the top level, but clearly isn't anywhere near his ego's (or his agents' ego's) status.

We need to face facts that unless we return to the Premier League then any young prospect will be doing the same.

As much as I don't like Rigg, he's not to blame, and neither is SJ or Symons.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

@jolslover

This has saddened me more than any outgoing this season will. Hyndman is really talented and a product of our own youth system, sad to see him go but inevitable  :016:
STH H3

cmg

Quote from: @jolslover on May 16, 2016, 12:44:58 PM
This has saddened me more than any outgoing this season will. Hyndman is really talented and a product of our own youth system, sad to see him go but inevitable  :016:

Of course you will get some jesters avowing that he isn't a product of our youth system because we 'poached' him from Dallas Dirttrackers Under 8s or some such.
Nothing to be done about that or about those who, despite the regulations being trotted out on a regular basis, complain that whoever is currently in charge of pen-pushing has been derelict in their duty by failing to sign our most recent young prospect on a lifetime contract at the moment of conception.

As for Hyndman, I agree he is a fine prospect and has been one for some time now. And that's the problem - he is still no more than a prospect. He's been given a bit of a chance in the Ch
but remains a prospect. At only 20 it would be nice to see him given a bit more time with us to see what he might become, but, given the understandable impatience of youth and the fact that we re no longer a PL member, it does not seem likely. He may also have been 'tapped up' but what I find strange about that is that whereas Dembele has been connected with a list of clubs that looks like the last 16 of the Champions League we have heard nothing about Hyndman's destination other than a vague reference to Germany seemingly based on little more than the nationality of the US coach: done deal? unusual discretion? or no smoke - no fire?

Barrie

I knew this was coming but reading the confirmation has still left me feeling sick.  It's beyond frustrating to see our best young talent walk away, and saddening that all too often the club and fans don't benefit for the hard work done in recruiting and developing these players.  It seems like the only talent we can seem to retain are those in the next tier down.

Forever Fulham

What is everybody belly aching about?  We got relegated and nearly missed consecutive relegation.  How is it Rigg's fault the young man thinks enough of himself and not enough of Fulham to want to go somewhere else?  This is the gift that keeps on giving, relegation.   And merry-go-round managers.  Young'ns lose faith.  What would you do, if you were he?  It's not like we finished on a high, winning a whole bunch at the end of the season.  We limped past the finish line.  I'll bet Klinsman whispered in his ear (on the phone), something that had the word "leave" in it.  We have to buy our way back.

cmg

Quote from: Statto on May 16, 2016, 06:35:18 PM
Quote from: cmg on May 16, 2016, 03:16:22 PM

Of course you will get some jesters avowing that he isn't a product of our youth system because we 'poached' him from Dallas Dirttrackers Under 8s or some such.

Well since you mention it... Signed from FC Dallas aged 15, so it's debatable. Would you call Theo Walcott a product of the Arsenal youth system (which he entered aged 16) ?  086.gif

I'm shocked to realize that Theo is now a grizzled veteran of 27! (And possibly on the downward phase of his career). No, I wouldn't consider him a product of the Arsenal youth system - he was already an experienced pro (well sort-of) with a couple of dozen Championship appearances and a few goals behind him. I would, however, consider him a product of the Southampton youth system, and not those of AFC Newbury or Swindon Town where he was before Southampton.

mccscratch

People saying that Hyndman was not all that are the same people that thought Clint Dempsey was just average and a diver...

Hyndman is 1 of the top 5 US prospects from age 16-21.... He is going to feature for the USMNT for years and years.... Dont be shocked when he lands at Borrusia Dortmund and plays over half their games next season... He is an absolute talent and Kit reall screwed us when he never gave the kid a chance to lock down a starting role...

This really really sucks
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Forever Fulham

He's quality alright.  But we've seen how -- for all of his skills-- he can be bodied up and shut down.  He's almost there.

Andy S

When you have a squad the size of ours it should be obvious that you will not keep all the players happy, no matter how good they are. No manager is ever going to play a young player unless he feels he is good enough. Quite honestly he is not at the minute. Yes he is a good prospect and yes very likely to go on to better things but not at the moment. If he was to stay here he may feature more next season but you cannot be sure

Skatzoffc

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 16, 2016, 04:01:53 AM
Hyndman was speaking about leaving long before Rigg arrived. Had he been played more over the course of the season, there might have been a slim chance he would have remained. I think his mind was made up before the season was started, that he has been a good young professional, and that he played out his contract with class.

I don't harbor any ill will toward him for moving on nor do I harbor any ill will for anyone at the club over his leaving. It's all part of the game.

I wish that circumstances were different and that he would stay with us. I do wish him well.

Well said Toodles.
But a big loss none the less.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: mccscratch on May 16, 2016, 09:59:01 PM
People saying that Hyndman was not all that are the same people that thought Clint Dempsey was just average and a diver...

Hyndman is 1 of the top 5 US prospects from age 16-21.... He is going to feature for the USMNT for years and years.... Dont be shocked when he lands at Borrusia Dortmund and plays over half their games next season... He is an absolute talent and Kit reall screwed us when he never gave the kid a chance to lock down a starting role...

This really really sucks

No, cannot agree in the slightest. If Kit lined up Roberts, Hyndman and Dembele we would have been bullied and steamrollered every game.

Dembele is physically strong enough to cope with a full season in a starting position, Hyndman certainly wasn't.

And I have to say the amount of time he spent on international duty playing in various tournaments didn't help his claim for a first team place. 
Never ever bloody anything ever.

cmg

Quote from: cmg on May 16, 2016, 03:16:22 PM
He may also have been 'tapped up' but what I find strange about that is that whereas Dembele has been connected with a list of clubs that looks like the last 16 of the Champions League we have heard nothing about Hyndman's destination other than a vague reference to Germany seemingly based on little more than the nationality of the US coach: done deal? unusual discretion? or no smoke - no fire?

Looks like I got that one wrong!
AC Milan, Celtic, Manchester United, BvB now said to be sniffing around.
I should have kept my big trap shut - none of them were interested until I mentioned it!