watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Congrats Mike Rigg

Started by J.Perkins, May 15, 2016, 09:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

According to ESPN sources, Hyndman will not be signing an extension this summer.

Rigg has drastically f'ked up with not signing our decent youngsters down to long contracts. Probably didn't help that Symons was in charge, and gave them as much hope for a decent future as an Apple going in a pie

The Swan

Hyndman could have been one of our star players next season.
The Swan

mike_corkcity12

Wonder if Khan personally got involved and tried to convince Emo to stay?

Thought of losing Dembele and Hyndman for nothing is symbolic of how poorly our football club has been run in recent times.

Wearethewhites

I thought he looked a bit more happy as he was getting game time, however, looks like his mind was made up a while back.

JPCL

Frustrating doesn't even cut it

bill taylors apprentice

The chances are the only way Hyndman was going to sign a new contract was if we were still in the PL.

Its been explained on here numerous times how contracts work with youth players and the restrictions on there length therefore its safe to say it was always a strong possibility he would be looking elsewhere once we were relegated.

As much as I don't rate Rigg in this case I believe Hyndman has a very high opinion of himself and decided his future along time ago.

FulhamStu

Think Klinsman may have had an effect here as well.  If these players will not sign there is nothing you can do maybe other than throw silly money at them.  I am sure Hyndman will be a very good player however I don't think he is particularly suited to the rough and tumble of the championship.

HatterDon

When Kit buried Hyndman at the beginning of the season, the die was cast. Joka gave him a good run and encouraged him, but Hyndman probably figured that if he signed a two year extension, he might have to try to impress five or six new gaffers during that time period.

I think he was always off to Germany.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

WayneKerrins

Outside of prem any classy youth players will walk as combination of agents/money take effect.

Whilst Khan has screwed up almost every call royally I'm hoping his continued backing of the academy is linked to backing a return to the prem. As opposed to another crass error.

I emphasise the word "hoping".

Scrumpy

I'm no fan of Rigg, but I don't think you can pin this one on him.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

NogoodBoyo

The big question here is......why do I always agree with what Statto says. 
Nogood "and Big Don hits it out of the park here too, isit" Boyo

ToodlesMcToot

Hyndman was speaking about leaving long before Rigg arrived. Had he been played more over the course of the season, there might have been a slim chance he would have remained. I think his mind was made up before the season was started, that he has been a good young professional, and that he played out his contract with class.

I don't harbor any ill will toward him for moving on nor do I harbor any ill will for anyone at the club over his leaving. It's all part of the game.

I wish that circumstances were different and that he would stay with us. I do wish him well.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Fulhamerica23

Like Hyndman a lot, but don't think he is right for this league. He knows it. Will be a starter abroad.

Holders

It's just another of the aftershocks of relegation.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Carborundum

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on May 16, 2016, 04:45:38 AM
Like Hyndman a lot, but don't think he is right for this league. He knows it. Will be a starter abroad.
That's how I see it.  By now we have a good understanding of what it takes to get out of this league.  We have Cairney to supply the artistry and need to add midfielders that have a certain "dodgem car" quality, which isn't EH's game.

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on May 16, 2016, 12:25:45 AM
Firstly the only person to blame for Hyndman leaving is Hyndman. He wants regular first team football but performances this season have shown he's not yet good enough for that at this level.

Secondly Hyndman has been able to sign a long term deal for 3 yrs now (he's 20) so if we are to blame someone else, why would it be Rigg who's only been in role for the last year?

Thirdly how has the hugely insensitive Jewish reference in the OP not been picked up by the mods?
Statto, I didnt see this post last night, but I have edited the OP this morning at 05:51
Every day is a Fulham day

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on May 16, 2016, 12:25:45 AM
Firstly the only person to blame for Hyndman leaving is Hyndman.

Agree completely with this and your follow up.  I'm also disheartened by those who feel it is the end of the world that a player who figured in a narrowly relegation avoiding squad wants to leave and somehow the Club needs to be blamed for this.  We are going to see many comings and goings from this moment on and it is up to everybody concerned with the Club to pull 100% of their weight.   Football is a fickle game especially where success and failure are concerned.  In every division three teams out of the four competing for play off places is going to be in the same boat as we are, or worse if you consider that not winning at Wembley can spell a much rougher ride next season.

res

Quote from: J.Perkins on May 15, 2016, 09:44:11 PM
According to ESPN sources, Hyndman will not be signing an extension this summer.

Rigg has drastically f'ked up with not signing our decent youngsters down to long contracts. Probably didn't help that Symons was in charge, and gave them as much hope for a decent future as an Apple going in a pie

Not a fan of Rigg but you can't pin this on him. The contractual rules on young players mean that you can't tie them down...if their heads are turned by their agents or if they think they are the next Messi and can wander off to richer pastures there is little you can do about it.

RaySmith

I think he was always going to leave, nothing to do with Khan or Kit. It's not always good to throw young players into first team action if they're not ready.

I think the club tried keep him, but any young player will try to better himself if he thinks he can.

MJG

The timescales for Hyndman and contracts are as follows.

April 2013 at 17 he signed on for 3 years which took him till this summer. That was the maximum length allowed at that age.
April 2014 (Relegation season) we would have been able to offer a longer contract on his 18th birthday.
Its since this moment he has not signed anything offered to him.

It all ties in with his selections for various international age groups and also with what I was told that Klinsmann had told him to find a better club...JK has form with this in regards Dempsey.

So what with Relegation, Klinsmann and lack of chances under Kit both last year and this he has been reluctant to sign anything. It was thought if SJ could get him games and prove he will play next year he might stay. We will know soon enough.