more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stekelenburg

Started by Wearethewhites, May 16, 2016, 10:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: MJG on May 17, 2016, 12:11:03 PM
Didn't like his attitude when came across him a couple of years ago at MP so sooner off the books the better for me.

In fairness, David Stockdale had just taken his #1 spot, so maybe he was a little down
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Andy S

I think we need a Keeper who stops shots and can come and catch the ball. If we don't get that it makes no difference as to who we play in defence. Every team must get a few headers on target sometime during a game, and with nobody on a post we will carry on conceding soft goals

Andy S

I heard Benitez on the radio on Saturday and he said he would stay but if any better offers came in he would consider them

BalDrick

Quote from: westcliff white on May 17, 2016, 12:15:35 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on May 17, 2016, 12:06:32 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on May 17, 2016, 11:52:15 AM
Benitez is apparently going to stay at Newcastle or so the rumours go
Be absolutely amazed if that happens. Just because the papers are saying so, doesn't mean it's true.
Not the papers at all, was his own comment son the TV this morning that I saw. Said after the game Sunday he would like to stay, the fans have played a big part and as long as the club and his ambitions matched up then he hoped it would happen. Tis was quickly followed by the Sky reporte rin the north eats saying a two hour meeting yesterday ended positively.

Who knows what will happen but Benitez at Everton I just don't see him going there with his affinity with Liverpool, he has repeatedly said since leaving that he loves the club would go back etc, so cant see he will go to there nearest rivals. Time will tell
Don't make the mistake of believing a thing anybody connected with football says to a camera. A Prem side offer him decent money, in wages and transfer market, and he'll be off like a shot.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

dannyboi-ffc

Imo this is where our recruitment will improve or kill us. Forget what stats and his CV might say, forget about making 11 great individuals, lets make a team. It's not just ability we lack, it's the right balance of characters and leaders. I thought his attitude was awful in his season with us which leads me onto paragraph two and the man who took his place.

Now Brighton won't be going anywhere I think I'd rather have Stockdale back. Never thought much of Stek from what I saw of him. And not sure he has the attitude and leadership considering how experienced and senior he will be to the rest.

Even if he is good enough, John Terry should walk into that England side but he doesn't purely because of the effect it would have on the squad morale etc etc. Nothing to do with ability because Smalling, Cahill and Stones are no where near as good.

Imo for a club like Fulham I think Stockdale gives you more as you get a decent championship keeper but you also get the personality and enthusiasm of playing for Fulham.

Should never have left really. The sooner Stek leaves the better. We need rid of the bad eggs, we want players who want to be here.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

HamsterWheel

I wouldn't want Stekelenburg between the posts ahead of Bettinelli. An aging bloke who doesn't want to be there compared to a young lad who seems to love playing for Fulham ? No contest.

epsomraver

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 17, 2016, 02:44:23 PM
Now Brighton won't be going anywhere I think I'd rather have Stockdale back. Never thought much of Stek from what I saw of him. And not sure he has the attitude and leadership considering how experienced and senior he will be to the rest.

Even if he is good enough, John Terry should walk into that England side but he doesn't purely because of the effect it would have on the squad morale etc etc. Nothing to do with ability because Smalling, Cahill and Stones are no where near as good.

Imo for a club like Fulham I think Stockdale gives you more as you get a decent championship keeper but you also get the personality and enthusiasm of playing for Fulham.

Should never have left really. The sooner Stek leaves the better. We need rid of the bad eggs, we want players who want to be here.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

Nathan_ffc

Haven't read many peoples opinions about lonergan? I thought he seemed a decent keeper?

Bronaldinho

Stekelenburg is actually a tremendous goalkeeper, the problem was he was in sticks when we arguably had out worse defence.

He played a big role in securing the first 3 points of the season with a top corner save against Sunderland, then he made a number of world class saves in the Man United 2-2.

The problem was Felix came in and wanted a more 'vocal' keeper.

I think because he was in goal for that season, his talent is overlooked. Personally, I really like him and there was a reason he was tipped as one of the best a few years back.

The hardest choice about this would be managing Betts, an England U21 goalkeeper. 
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

colinwhite

The problem is I dont rate Stekellenburg (or Stockdale match last night ). We need a better keeper than that . Doesnt have to be a great shot-stopper ,as long as he doesnt crap himself every time a cross comes into our box , and he can steer the defense,vocally.

Chutney

Quote from: Bronaldinho on May 17, 2016, 03:35:05 PM
Stekelenburg is actually a tremendous goalkeeper, the problem was he was in sticks when we arguably had out worse defence.

He played a big role in securing the first 3 points of the season with a top corner save against Sunderland, then he made a number of world class saves in the Man United 2-2.

The problem was Felix came in and wanted a more 'vocal' keeper.

I think because he was in goal for that season, his talent is overlooked. Personally, I really like him and there was a reason he was tipped as one of the best a few years back.

The hardest choice about this would be managing Betts, an England U21 goalkeeper. 

Bettinelli is 23 now, severely doubt he'd be happy to drop back to second choice. I'm happy with betts, he clearly cares and for me that is very important. The only way we are going to turn the corner if with players that actually want to improve the clubs fortunes.
C O Y W

EJL

Stekelenburg isn't a "tremendous" goalkeeper. Underwhelming at three clubs in a row now and gets rattled too easily for someone of his experience. Good distribution, though.

The Rock

I had a lot to say about this, but our owner "sucks". These keepers are better than we can afford, apparently.