more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stuart Gray

Started by mike_corkcity12, May 16, 2016, 03:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_corkcity12

Anyone think he will stay on?

There is scant information on his bio. http://www.fulhamfc.com/the-teams/staff/stuart-gray

The intuition behind his appointment was sound. A Ray Lewington-esque figure to provide some semblance of stability during the churn of managers.

It remains to be seen whether Gray is happy in his position or if Jok wants to keep him on. Although I'm not too certain of how much power Jok will have in that regard considering his contract runs out next season.

hovewhite

Hopefully khan will bypass rigg and SJ makes the decision .

Andy S

I cannot agree that would be beneficial.

Skatzoffc

I thought his appointment was for the long term.
But haven't seen anything official regarding terms.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

westcliff white

STatto i tend to agree, however, in the recent history we dont seem ot have been doing things "the right way", we have been very un Fulham Like
Every day is a Fulham day

bill taylors apprentice

When it comes to ethics and doing things in the right manner, different people may have differing ideas but having an employee such as Gray embedded in the first team set up makes good sense.

If the club handle the situation in the right way and Gray is happy with his role and the stability it brings to him and the club then everyone should be happy.

VicHalomsLovechild

As mentioned above ethics and keeping a semblance of long term planning. However wasn't one of his strengths defence?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Slaphead in Qatar

For someone heralded for his defensive coaching, hasn't he done a tremendous job with our back four  086.gif

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 17, 2016, 12:23:35 PM
For someone heralded for his defensive coaching, hasn't he done a tremendous job with our back four  086.gif
I think the only logical conclusion is that the players simply are not good enough. How many coaches have been unable to improve the defence?

Even when Kit was playing his 4-6-0 formaiton toward the end of his first season we were still conceding buckets of goals.

The likes of Burn, Hutchinson etc are not good enough. You defend from the front as well and neither Ross nor Moussa offer any form of protection. Central midfield is a big problem too.

NJFulham

Gray interviewed for the Rotherham job before Warnock was given it.

Bronaldinho

Odd they haven't updated the page though..
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Jim

Gray is another example of the Fulham board making average and cheap decisions. If we continue in this vein then there is no hope of us being in the Premiership. His claim to fame was his defensive expertise.  Need I say more?

colinwhite

Jim ,you have undoubtedly a point !

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Jim on May 17, 2016, 08:10:51 PM
Gray is another example of the Fulham board making average and cheap decisions. If we continue in this vein then there is no hope of us being in the Premiership. His claim to fame was his defensive expertise.  Need I say more?

He was brought in to make it look like we had someone in charge after the chaos that pursued after Kit's sacking.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

love4ffc

Perhaps Grey will be kept around for those times in the future we need an interim managers.    :doh:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Skatzoffc

Quote from: love4ffc on May 17, 2016, 11:39:11 PM
Perhaps Grey will be kept around for those times in the future we need an interim managers.    :doh:

Which is in fact what Lewington did for us.
He was caretaker manager 3 times for us I believe.

I thought that was why Gray was employed. It would be strange if the club now let him go.
ho hum
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

snarks

I thought at the time Grey was a good choice, yes he's supposed to be defensive minded, but he like the previous 5 (or more depending on your view of the caretakers) couldn't fix it, it says more about the playing staff than the coaching staff.

I'd like him to stay but, as a former manager, I'm sure he will move on if the chance is offered to him, another reason to have Parker for a further year, if Grey moves on then Parker could become a coach under Slavisa. Fulham messed it up by not keeping Murph at the end of his career in a coaching capacity, they shouldn't make the same mistake with Scott.