watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No agreement for Dembele... Yet

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, August 14, 2010, 06:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/08/14/2070097/az-director-no-agreement-with-fulham-over-moussa-dembele

Dutch outfit AZ have denied reports that they have reached an agreement with Fulham over the transfer of striker Moussa Dembele to the Premier League club.

Reports on Friday indicated that a transfer fee of €6 million (£4.9m) had been agreed between the two clubs, but this is not the case according to the Eredivisie side's sporting director, Earnest Stewart.

"We've got a fee in our minds. At this moment the offer from Fulham isn't good enough," Stewart explained to Het Nieuwsblad, hinting that an agreement could be completed imminently.

The 23-year-old Belgium international certainly hopes to seal the move as swiftly as possible, indicating to the same source: "I expect a fast agreement. And I'm looking forward to playing in the Premier League."

Capable of playing out wide as a winger or through the centre as a more orthodox forward, Dembele has well over 100 top-flight games under his belt for the Alkmaar side and appears ready to move to a bigger stage.

Brede Butter Pudding

I really hope we can wrap this one up, today's performance, and many other away performances in particular, have indicated a distinct lack of pace and flair, something that I think Dembele could provide. Fingers crossed this one goes through.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on August 14, 2010, 06:45:26 PM
I really hope we can wrap this one up, today's performance, and many other away performances in particular, have indicated a distinct lack of pace and flair, something that I think Dembele could provide. Fingers crossed this one goes through.

I'm not aware of this guy BBP, have you seen him perform, who would he replace in the current set-up?.....

ImperialWhite

Fernhurst - I haven't seen him play but by all accounts he is much like Zoltan Gera, with the advantage that he's pretty good on the wings too.

Fernhurst

Thanks Mr Imp... its funny,( or is it only me) we appear to have grown so close to this set of players due to their eye-popping performances last year that an intruder may well be viewed with dismay.

We can always improve our stock and we must continue to do so if we wish to flourish.  :008:

Bartender 14

Dembele has much talent, I saw him play on telly the last two years in the Eredivisie. Good pace, flair and technique. But the PL is quite different from the Eredivisie. He is not like Gera, he is a real winger.

MrCheviot

If we get him he'll replace Gera to the left of BZ I think..
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 14, 2010, 09:02:07 PM
Thanks Mr Imp... its funny,( or is it only me) we appear to have grown so close to this set of players due to their eye-popping performances last year that an intruder may well be viewed with dismay.

We can always improve our stock and we must continue to do so if we wish to flourish.  :008:

agree bigtime,these players will never be forgotten but we have to move forward :clap_hands:

HatterDon

Players coming over from Belgium or the Netherlands or Scandanavia take some time to get used to the roughness and overall pace of the Prem. They may be talented and quick, but they're usually not tough enough in their first six months in England to get much pitch time -- Vermaelen and Big Brede are notable exceptions.

I wouldn't expect a winger with a resume that includes the Eredivisie and the Jupiler league to come in and start on a Prem side right away. I think y'all are a little too quick on the trigger giving Gera's [or Deuce's] slot to Dembele.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel