watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou Staying in Portugal....

Started by ffcjohnnyf, May 17, 2016, 06:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcjohnnyf

Mitroglou staying at Benfica. What a waste of time and money for our club! Made a comment to that effect, amongst all the happy comments from Benfica fans.
VIVA EL FULHAM!

Holders

I don't blame Mitro or even whoever signed him. Felix just didn't play him when we were in desperate need, he played in the reserves though.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

gang

It's hardly his fault that our manager was mad.

RaySmith

He played a couple of friendlies and then he was injured wasn't he?
He came on a couple of times - a hammering at Villa? but seemed injured and unfit.

Northern Cottager

Why haven't our club announced it?!

Lighthouse

This was reported two days ago and there is a post about it over the page. The fact that our club still hasn't mentioned it I suppose is down to embarrassment. The club didn't come out of this well on any level. Let us hope we have learned from this panic signing.

It is about 5.5 million quid.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jim

Another glaring example of how badly our club is being managed.

Twig

A waste of time yes, a waste of money no - as others have pointed out we will probably have made a net profit when you take into account loan fees etc.

twang

Quote from: Twig on May 17, 2016, 08:22:34 PM
A waste of time yes, a waste of money no - as others have pointed out we will probably have made a net profit when you take into account loan fees etc.

Definitely a huge waste of money as the transfer fee + wages Kostas cost us could have been spent on a non-injured striker that could actually have helped us stay in the PL.

Bronaldinho

Can't really blame Mitroglou.

He was bought at a time he was injured - He joined because no other top level club would take him due to his knees.

Magath then messed him about big time.

But we made £2.5m back in loan fees - Part of the Kasami deal to Olympiacos cancelled some of the add-ons we were meant to pay, and we've just been given 7m euros on top of that.

Not the worse bit of business really.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

dannyboi-ffc

Don't really see how the club had a choice. He was never going to be worth what we paid for him so straight away we are going to lose money. He doesn't want to play in the championship which is fair enough. But don't commit a contract to a club well on it's way to relegation to the Championship in January.

So in the end we get rid of a problem and make a reasonable sale. Time to look to the future and not worry about what ifs with Kostas anymore 
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

The Rock

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 18, 2016, 12:07:45 AM
Don't really see how the club had a choice. He was never going to be worth what we paid for him so straight away we are going to lose money. He doesn't want to play in the championship which is fair enough. But don't commit a contract to a club well on it's way to relegation to the Championship in January.

So in the end we get rid of a problem and make a reasonable sale. Time to look to the future and not worry about what ifs with Kostas anymore

Oh Danny boi... Good post. I forgot we actually had him on the books. I thought he was permanently loaned till his contract was up.

Ross and Dembele aren't far off. Add 4 defenders and 4 midfielders and... Sigh.