more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (20/05/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 20, 2016, 08:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Seasonal Hospitality

Matchday Hospitality 2016/17 Seasonal Packages are available to purchase, and you can secure your place at all of Fulham's 23 Sky Bet Championship league fixtures for next term today.

Don't miss out on enjoying the best views of the game, first-class service and memorable experiences, courtesy of the Club that's been in the entertainment business since 1879.

Choose from formal or informal dining, to our restaurant or bars. All packages can be found online, and you can read more about Hospitality at Fulham with our eBrochure available to view here.

Interested in Matchday Hospitality?

Get in touch with us directly, by calling one of our designated Hospitality team members on (+44) 020 8336 7555, Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm, or by emailing us at [email protected].

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/may/19/seasonal-hospitality?

WhiteJC

Picnic Tickets Sold Out

Tickets for our Picnic on the Pitch event at Craven Cottage on Saturday 28th May have now all been allocated.

Proving popular amongst the Fulham faithful once again, we look forward to welcoming those with a ticket to Craven Cottage next week for the event which begins at 12pm and finishes at 3pm.

Given there is significant demand, if you are no longer able to attend please inform the Fulham Ticket Office and return your ticket(s) as soon as possible, as this will allow us to re-allocate tickets to those interested in attending the event.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/may/19/picnic-on-the-pitch?

WhiteJC

Glenn Murray to Fulham: Bournemouth willing to let striker leave on a free as Cottagers circle

Fulham are interested in signing Glenn Murray from Bournemouth.

The 32-year-old left Crystal Palace for £4million last August but the Cherries are understood to be prepared to let him go on a free.

Fulham, who had their transfer embargo lifted this week, would take on his £30,000-a-week wages.

Murray scored five goals in 25 appearances this season, including the late winner in their narrow victory against champions Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, but made just six starts.

The former Brighton striker has not made more than 20 starts in a season since 2012/13, when he scored 30 Championship goals to help fire Palace into the Premier League via the play-offs.

But the Cottagers are ready to take a gamble with Moussa Dembele set for the exit this summer.

Murray has two years left on his contract at Bournemouth, while Standard Sport understands they are reluctant to let Callum Wilson depart this summer and will maintain a firm stance.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/glenn-murray-to-fulham-bournemouth-willing-to-let-striker-leave-on-a-free-as-cottagers-circle-a3252166.html

WhiteJC

Revealed: How many millions Fulham lost over the sale of misfit striker Kostas Mitroglou to Benfica

Greek international flies to the Eagles permanently after costing Whites around £150,000 a minute for every time he played for Fulham

Collectors piece: Kostas Mitroglou (L) takes on Cardiff City's Steven Caulker

Described by a Fulham insider as being the 'right striker at the wrong time' - Kostas Mitroglou has become the most expensive failure in the club's history after signing for Benfica on a permanent deal.

GetWestLondon understands the £2 million fee paid by the Portuguese giants at least allows them to forgo the Greek international's £40,000-a-week wages over the remainder of his Fulham deal set to run until 2018.

Mitroglou played for the Cottagers only three times in a doomed relegation campaign that included two sub appearances after costing the club a record £12 million in January 2014.

It equates to more than £150,000 for every minute he pulled on a Fulham shirt over a two-year period - even given a shared salary with loan clubs.

The temperamental forward never settled in London, and was loaned out first to Olympiakos - the club from which he was bought - and then to Benfica on a season long loan in August 2015.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-how-many-millions-fulham-11355445?

WhiteJC

FORMER FULHAM AND AJAX MIDFIELDER, "I GAVE MY LIFE TO THE LORD"

Ollie Baines spoke with former Fulham and Ajax midfielder, Eyong Enoh in a in-depth interview about the Cameroon international's football career and Christian faith.

What was it like growing up and playing football in your home country of Cameroon?

"Growing up and playing football in Cameroon was very exciting, because as a kid I used to watch the likes of Rodger Miller & Samuel Eto'o, so football for every young person was a common reference. Kids would be playing football everywhere, in the house, on the roads, in schools, every boy and girl was playing football everywhere! I didn't get serious about football until I was at college, then I was focused on it."

Fast forward a few years and you've made a move to play for Ajax, was that your big career move?

"Yes, I would say that was my big career move to Ajax in 2008, I was playing in South Africa and before that I was in Cyprus and then before that I was in Cameroon.

So my journey from Cameroon to Holland was definitely a big one, a big step for me and a huge platform. It was a big test for me because I wasn't used to the platform. Ajax are a big European club who play Champions League football and with a huge history. It was surprising and exciting, but it was great."

What was it like to be managed by Marco Van Basten?

"I remember when I came from Cape Town for a trial, I didn't really know who the manager was and I was shocked Van Basten was the trainer. When you see the player he was and just the kind of goals he scored and now seeing him in the flesh was so exciting. I was able to work with him for 10 days in Amsterdam. For me, I was excited because the Lord said, "I will take you to many places to share the good news" and I was excited because he had taken me to Amsterdam and even if I have just 1 day, I will tell 1 person about Jesus and go back. It was a child-like excitement, I wanted to take everything in and to work with Van Basten was a true honour for me."

Whilst at Ajax, you moved to Fulham. How did you enjoy your stint in the Premier League?

"Playing at Ajax, I saw a lot of Premier League football and I really wanted the opportunity. I loved the league, I loved the way football was played, it was a league I knew I could do well in. God willingly, in 2013, I was contacted by my former Ajax manager, Martin Jol who said, did I want to have an experience of the Premier League? Of course, I said yes and I loved it. It was a great year. Obviously I joined on loan and there had to be an agreement between Ajax and Fulham over a transfer which didn't get well, so I ended back at Ajax."

What's been your career highlight?

"I think I'd have to give a spiritually focused answer to this. I've been given a platform to share the love of Jesus Christ wherever I go. There's been a lot of opportunities that the Lord has given me in my career. I remember going to the 2010 World Cup Finals with Cameroon which as a player was amazing, but also for another reason. There was a DVD being made on the World Cup called "The Hand of God".

They were interviewing a number of players who believed in Jesus. For me, I didn't just want to be a part of it and talk, I wanted to do as much as possible. So they came to my house, filmed how I lived, how I trained, how I evangelised on the streets in Cameroon and they also took videos of me praying with my team-mates. I wanted it to be something that was real for people to see. I wanted them to see a practical life of a footballer living his life for Jesus. So this was a great platform for me to share my faith. We also did another film session at the Brazil 2014 World Cup where I met with other Christian players like Kaka and it was made into 300 languages to be shared. So I am thankful the Lord permitted me to play in the World Cup Finals, but also to give me a platform to share my faith.

In terms of career, it was in 2010/2011, Ajax hadn't won the League in 7 years and I was a apart of the team who won it and it was just phenomenal."

Best XI

GK – Carlos Kamini
RB – Geremi
CB – Nickolas Nkoulou
CB – Jan Vertonghen
LB – Thomas Vermaelen
CM – Jean Makoun
CM – Eyong Enoh
CM- Alexander Song
ST- Samuel Eto'o
ST – Dimitar Berbatov
ST- Luiz Suarez

Best player you've ever palyed with?

"No question of a doubt, it would be Samuel Eto'o. He is phenomenal.

He always scores goals, no matter where he plays. Spain, Russia, Turkey; wherever he is, he is a goal scoring machine."

Tell us how you become a Christian

"I didn't grow up in a Christian home. My parents didn't go to church and nor did any of my siblings. I grew up in a normal African home. There was no religious set up for a Sunday. I grew up as a young man knowing that there was a God, but I just never had experienced him or encountered his love. It took me right until the time I was at high school, there was this guy speaking to a few students and I remember just being struck by his voice. I stopped and listened to him speak for an hour and a half and I just couldn't leave. I just listened to him speak about the love of God and the second he finished speaking, I just felt the Lord God come all over me and I had to surrender to him. Even though I was doing well in school, I had a comfortable home, I had food and water, I could dress properly; inside I knew there was a hunger for something in my soul, but I never knew how to get it. Until that day, when the Gospel came to me, that was the day that I knew that was the only thing that could quench that thirst. That day in the year 2000, I gave my life to the Lord."

How do you use your career to spread the message of the Gospel?

"In Cameroon, most people believe that it is impossible for you to be a Christian and be a footballer. You would have to believe in some sort of witchcraft, to play football and have a faith. Parents would pull their children out of football because they believed they would die or something, it was that serious. So when I became a Christian, I began to pray. I was not sure what I was going to do. I will never forget the day when the Lord said, "I am going to use you as an example to the world, to be a Christian in the world of football". So that was one of the objectives God said to me. People think you can't be a committed Christian in football because of all the temptations around. All the gambling and drinking, women and clubbing, people don't think it's possible. The next thing is, God told me I had to let go of the "idol" of football. I remember, there were some days where I had to contemplate whether to go and play football or go to church. One day I left the house to play football with some friends, I was walking past my Church when God said, "You're going to have to let go of this idol of football first, then I can use you". That was the day I stopped worshipping football. I watched, played and thought about football so much, until that day when I started filling it with God. The third thing, is the life I live as a footballer. Being different is important, I get players asking me, "why are you like this? Why don't you curse? How do you do it?". So through peoples questioning, I can talk about my faith to them. I can tell them that God is more than willing to change their lives in the same way that he has done for me."

Favourite Bible Verse?

"People give you their testimonies according their background and the environment they came from. For me, you couldn't be a Christian and be a footballer. There was such persecution there. I was worried that I had a problem, because I wanted to be a Christian footballer, so I asked God, "do I have a problem?" and he said "no". So I then asked him, "Ok, if I don't have a problem, then speak to me through your word" and I was shown Colossians chapter 1 which brought me liberty, it says this, "All things were made for him and by him" – that gave the boldness to know that God gave me the chance and gift to use football for his glory."

What does the future hold for Eyong Enoh?

"John chapter 3 talks about the how God gives us a picture of our future and our end, but it does not give us details of the in-between. That is where we need to have faith. God showed me a picture that I will be preaching the Gospel to many people. He is using football as a vehicle in me to tell others about Christ and that is just the beginning. Who knows where he will lead me, every-day is a new opportunity and even if I bring one person to faith, I will be excited about that day."

http://xtheline.co.uk/former-fulham-ajax/?

WhiteJC

Fulham plotting major move for £30k-a-week Premier League striker

Bournemouth striker Glenn Murray is a target for Slavisa Jokanovic and Fulham, who are looking to sign the striker in the summer, according to an Evening Standard report.

With reports suggesting that Bournemouth are willing to let Glenn Murray leave on a free transfer in the summer, Fulham are one side that are interested in signing the 32-year-old striker.

The news comes as a surprise considering the fact that Bournemouth signed the striker from Crystal Palace for £4 million, in the previous summer transfer window.

However, Murray hasn't made a lasting impression nor had the similar impact for Eddie Howe's side that he had at Crystal Palace when he was in a rich vein of form.

With Callum Wilson and Benik Afobe, Murray has been restricted to limited first team action and he may consider dropping down to the Championship in search of regular first team football.

With Murray already situated in London, a move to Fulham may be one of convenience with the only potential obstacle being Murray's £30,000-a-week wages which is expensive for any Championship outfit.

As one of the top goalscorers in the Championship, the signing of Glenn Murray would be a signal of intent for Fulham but it could also suggest that Ross McCormack could be sold in this summer transfer window.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-plotting-major-move-for-30k-a-week-premier-league-striker/?

WhiteJC

Five big money strikers Aston Villa should target to win promotion

Fulham, Leeds, Celtic and Nottingham Forest players feature among forwards Aston Villa should consider spending big money on.

Aston Villa's prospects of winning promotion next season have changed considerably after the club confirmed a takeover has been agreed.

Chinese billionaire Dr Tony Xia paid £60 million to buy the club and is likely to supplement this with investment in the transfer market.

Key to their success next season will be signing strikers capable of firing them back to the Premier League.

Here are five options who could thrive in the Championship at Villa Park...

Ross McCormack

McCormack has a proven track record in the Championship, scoring 42 goals over the last two seasons for Fulham. Prior to that he netted 29 goals for Leeds in 2013/14, making an expensive move to Craven Cottage. Fulham have despite his efforts performed poorly, and the chance to play for a promotion contender would appeal. He could cost in the region of the £11 million fee Fulham paid for him.

Chris Wood

Leeds only signed Chris Wood a year ago for £3 million, but it would be madness to suggest Massimo Cellino would not sell at the right price. A fee close to £10 million for the New Zealand international could sway a deal for a striker who netted 13 goals last season despite missing three months of the season through injury.

Leigh Griffiths

Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths scored a staggering 40 goals last season north of the border, but he will have to work hard to impress again with a new manager set to be appointed. It is unclear how much money Celtic have to spend, so if a big bid came in for the striker then a decision to begrudgingly accept could allow them to reinvest in the side, even if it would be an unpopular one for fans of the Scottish side.

Britt Assombalonga

Nottingham Forest fans would be sickened if Assombalonga was sold, but the striker is arguably the most dangerous in the Championship at his best, and Villa would be silly not to test the waters. He has just bounced back from a serious knee injury and Forest will feel they deserve at least another season out of him, yet if a huge bid came in for him then unpredictable chairman Fawaz Al-Hasawi would have a decision make.

Nakhi Wells

Wells scored 17 goals for Huddersfield Town in the Championship last season, and the Terriers could face a tough task to hang onto the talented 25-year-old this summer. Huddersfield would find it tough to turn down a big money offer for the ambitious striker, who could be just the type of striker Aston Villa need to sign, one who is young, hungry to succeed and has done it in the Championship already.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/19/five-big-money-strikers-aston-villa-should-target-to-win-promoti/?

WhiteJC

Fulham interest in Cherries duo

Championship side Fulham are reportedly interested in partnering Cherries duo Lee Tomlin and Glenn Murray together at Craven Cottage next season according to reports.

AFC Bournemouth only signed the pair during the summer of 2015.

Lee Tomlin made the move to the south coast from Middlesbrough for a fee in the region of £3million, whilst Glenn Murray had been a long term transfer target and signed for the Cherries from Crystal Palace for a round £4million.

Tomlin spent just five months on the coast before joining Bristol City on loan.

Tomlin had struggled to settle in the first team on a regular basis and made just six appearances in the Premier League including three starts.

Prior to the move to Bristol the midfielder posted on Twitter...

'A lot of speculation about my future over the past week i don't even know what's happening myself if I'll be allowed to leave or not

And for me my dream is to play in the premier league as long as I can but if I'm not wanted then I'll leave

The posts were later deleted and when questioned about the incident, AFC Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe told the Daily Echo...

'We will be dealing with Lee internally. He is obviously frustrated at not playing. It is not a huge issue for me, but clearly we would rather he kept his frustrations in house.'

According to the Bristol Post, Tomlin's agent Will Salterhouse 'was immediately asked to find the player another club' and a loan move to Bristol City for the rest of the season was completed very quickly.

Despite the apparent fall out, in February Tomlin told the Bristol Post...

'...I just needed to get games and, now that is happening, I'm hoping I can impress Eddie Howe and get another chance back at Bournemouth...'

Tomlin became somewhat of a fan favourite with some sections of the Bristol City support.

He joined on the 30th January with Bristol City 22nd in the Championship on 24 points.

Tomlin played 18 times, scoring 6 goals, including in wins against Charlton, Fulham, Bolton, Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield.

According to the Bristol Post...

'Bristol City's hopes of signing loan star Lee Tomlin are receding after the Bournemouth man was linked with possible moves to big-spending Championship rivals Fulham and Newcastle United.

The report added...

'Tomlin is believed to earn £30,000 a week at Dean Court...'

A move to recently relegated Premier League side Newcastle United would enable Tomlin to return to the north east, whilst a move to Fulham could see him partner Glenn Murray, who is also a transfer target.

The 32 year old enjoyed a reasonably good first half of the season on the south coast, he scored against both Watford and Manchester City when he made his first full starts for the Cherries and went on to make 10 appearances and scored his third of the season in the historical win over Premier League champions Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

But following that goal, Murray made just 9 further appearances, with his last against Watford in February.

The Evening Standard have suggested that...

'...the Cherries are understood to be prepared to let him go on a free.

'Fulham, who had their transfer embargo lifted this week, would take on his £30,000-a-week wages.

Your Say...

tednphil said...

£30,000 pw X 52 = £1,664,000 pa in wages alone. 2 years left on Murray's contract = £3.2m.

Very unlikely any other team will pay him such high wages as well as paying us £2m, so we would be stuck with another unhappy player for 2 more years. Give him away for a free and the new club can afford his wages.

That will free up nearly £4m incl NI etc. For a new player. His goals alone were worth £4m to us in staying up.

Read more: http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=447430#ixzz49BB912PC

WhiteJC

Fulham In Numbers

We have a look at some of the statistics racked up by the Fulham team in the 2015/16 season.

Pass accuracy

Tom Cairney is always productive on the ball, as is reflected in the fact he was Fulham's most accurate passer in his debut season for the Club, with an impressive 87.6 per cent of his distribution finding the man. His best afternoon came in the 3-0 home win over Charlton Athletic when he boasted a 96 per cent success rate – in addition to a couple of superb goals. As one may expect, midfielders dominated this category, with Scott Parker the second most accurate player with 84 per cent success, followed by Ben Pringle (83.3). Tim Ream was efficient at the back, though, with a pass accuracy of 80.3, just ahead of Ryan Tunnicliffe's 80. In terms of the overall team, only five sides (Hull City, Derby County, Middlesbrough, Huddersfield Town and Reading) bettered Fulham's average pass accuracy of 75.7 per cent. Only three (Derby, Brentford and Hull) averaged more possession than our 52.7 per cent in games.

Blocks and interceptions

Unsurprisingly it's the defenders who lead the way in these categories. Richard Stearman, Michael Madl and Dan Burn averaged the highest number of blocks, 0.8 per game, with Parker just behind them, making 0.7 blocks per appearance from midfield. Fernando Amorebieta leads the way in terms of interceptions by averaging 3.1 per match, with Madl's 3 the next highest. Shaun Hutchinson made the third most with 2.4. Further up the pitch, Parker chipped in with 1.8, while Rohan Ince and Jamie O'Hara averaged 1.4.

Duels won

Amorebieta came out on top of duels more often than anyone else in 2015/16, beating his man on average 6.8 times per game. Burn was almost as good with 6.7, while Matt Smith (5.5) and Stearman (5.1) also posted good numbers. Moussa Dembélé demonstrated his willingness to battle further up the pitch by winning 4.9 duels per appearance.

Tackles

Five players shared top spot in terms of tackles, as Ryan Fredericks, Madl, Burn, Amorebieta and O'Hara all won on average 1.4 per game. Parker was productive in this respect as well with 1.3, while Luke Garbutt averaged a successful tackle a match.

Goals per minute

While Ross McCormack bossed the scoring charts this season with 23, he didn't actually end up with the best minutes-per-goal ratio. Cauley Woodrow takes that honour having scored every 112 minutes. He may have only netted four times in 17 appearances, but his record is impressive considering he only played 90 minutes once. And in that game, he notched a brace. McCormack was the second most prolific with a goal every 191 minutes, followed by Dembélé (208) and Smith (305).

Chances created

Here McCormack does finish top of the pile, as he created 1.9 chances on average for his teammates every game. His nine assists was also more than any of his peers last season. Cairney was the second most creative player in terms of chances made as he averaged 1.4 per match, while Dembélé and O'Hara ended the campaign with an average of 0.9, just ahead of Parker's 0.8.

Woodwork

The Whites hit the frame of the goal a whopping 21 times in 2015/16, eight more than the previous season. McCormack was the most regular striker of the woodwork, hitting it on no fewer than nine occasions, while Smith found it three times, and Dembélé and Burn both twice.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/may/20/fulham-in-numbers?

WhiteJC

Fulham keeper Dawber joins the Robins ranks

NEIL Young has offset the loss of Scott Leather to Chorley by making Fulham under-21 keeper Andrew Dawber his second signing as Altrincham manager.

Just hours after Chorley confirmed centre-back Leather had joined them, Alty boss Young completed the capture of 21-year-old Wigan-born Dawber and promised more new arrivals of a similar ilk.

"Andrew is someone I tried to sign for Stockport last year, but he went to Fulham instead, so I'm delighted to have got him at the second attempt," Young said.

"He fits the profile of player we want here, in terms of age as well as ability, and hopefully he will develop as expected and be a fantastic goalkeeper for this football club.

"As was the case with our first signing, Charlie Joyce, his age reflects our thinking in the way we want to take Altrincham forward.

"There is a lot more work to be done, and we're cracking on with it.

"Talks have taken place with a number of other targets, and they will continue."

After working his way through the junior ranks at Accrington Stanley, Dawber was closely monitored by Manchester United and trained at their Carrington complex, under the watchful eye of goalkeeping coach Eric Steele, during the 2012-13 season.

James Beattie, manager of Accrington at the time, gave the arrangements the go-ahead, and said: "Andrew has great potential, and Eric Steele absolutely loves him.

"He was going in once a week a while ago, but he seems to be in there all the time now.

"He needs to be playing games, of course, but training in that environment will only give him a better mental approach and belief."

Dawber took the eye on his senior debut for Accrington, conceding goals to former Alty strikers Jack Redshaw and Kevin Ellison in Morecambe's 2-0 Football League Trophy win but still emerging as man of the match for a string of outstanding saves.

On Leather's departure, Young added: "It's disappointing, but I understand people will get better offers elsewhere.

"I only want players here who are fully committed to what we are doing."

http://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk/sport/alty/altynews/14506099.Fulham_keeper_Dawber_joins_the_Robins_ranks/?