watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Championship line up for next season

Started by Riversider, May 31, 2016, 04:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Now that the line up is complete for next season, what was your gut instinct when you first saw the complete list ?
A- we could make the play offs
B- mid table anonymity for us
C- another relegation struggle ahead.

I personally think that we're destined for a season of struggle again, it's pretty easy to sign 11 players but it's bloody difficult to form a team and we're miles away from having a team with the right mentality , belief and ethic.
I think Wigan and Barnsley are two decent sides and the three coming down will do better than us ,
For us and QPR I can only see a season of underachievement and transition,
If Jokanovic gets us in to the top 10 next season he's done extremely well as far as I'm concerned.

snarks

I'm hopeful for A but expecting B. There is a good nucleus of a side there. I also think 1 or 2 of the right additions could make a disproportionate difference to the team. A commanding CB alongside Madl, a quality holding CM and a left sided wide player with pace.

JOND999

C

teams joining the Champ are better than the ones leaving.  our squad played worse in the 2nd half of last season than the first.  new manager hasn't made much difference.  team gives up too many goals to even be mid-table.

bring back Berbatov.  at least we'd have some quality and drama to interest the masses.

filham

There are absolutely no signs as yet to give us hope of improvement. In fact the opposite is the case as it seems pretty sure that we will lose Dembele and possibly Ross. Also Jocanovic's record is to date worse than Kit's.

We can only hope for some new signings in critical positions and that Jocanovic can settle on a good system and proves those of us that are beginning to doubt his ability to be totally wrong.

H4usuallysitting

I think we need to see what player's we sign before guessing our end of season outcome, but I think a top 12 position will be an achievement

Carborundum

A.  We could make the play offs.  Football is a confidence game and with some gaping flaws fixed over the summer the players may thrive.

I'm heartened by our games against Hull and Burnley in the second half of last season - we gave them both a good game. 

Riversider

Would 12th equal success?
12th to me would mean finishing over 30 points behind Newcastle maybe even 40 points !
In athletics 12th would mean getting lapped in the 1500 metres ! 12th is no where as is 8th 9th or 10 th, it all then depends on how you see your glass,
Some would see it as success some would look at the 30 point gap behind 3rd place and say "not good enough"
But it would mean winning more and losing less.

fcfulham55

I would like to pick A*. (Promotion as champions)

But in reality it's 'C' unfortunately.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

@jolslover

Depends who we bring in. Hopefully some quality.
STH H3

The Enclosurite

As you've said the word COULD rather than WILL then I am going with A.  If we get it right in this window then there is no reason why we can't have a crack at making the play offs.  049:gif
¡COYW!

Lighthouse

Last season I thought would be a season of consolidation and we would finish around half way. I think we were going to do that until the club decided to self destruct. So hopefully if the powers that be don't panic and allow the team to be built up in the right places then I hope we can finish in the top half.

However any talk of much more is fun but I just don't see it atm
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope