watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A cracking summer read for you !!!

Started by Riversider, June 01, 2016, 02:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

If you are looking for a decent book to read this summer on your holiday, then look no further ,
Last night at work a friend brought me in a book that he had picked up, it's titled "Match of my Life - Fulham"
The sub title is then,"Fifteen stars relive their greatest games"
It's a really easy book to dip in and dip out off , and starts with Tosh Chamberlain talking about an FA Cup game against Newcastle in 1956, through to Simon Davies talking about Atletico Madrid in Hamburg,
Other contributors include Steve Earle, John Mitchell, Gordon Davies, Roger Brown (Lincoln) Rodney Mcaree (Carlisle) Simon Morgan and Danny Murphy (Portsmouth)
The stories are told in a real no holds bar style, Steve Earle for example doesn't hold back when talking about his relationship with Vic Buckingham,
As I say no Fulham fan would be disappointed with this it really is an ideal summer read,
It's written by Michael Heatley for Pitch Publishing the ISBN is 978-1-9080517-0-7
The book has got 223 pages and is marked up as £9.99 but my friend picked it up from a book shop in the lanes in Brighton for the bargain price of 50p !!

A very good read indeed.

bog

I can add a ringing endorsement of this book. My daughter bought me a copy for Christmas. A very good read. Many a revelation.

092.gif

ffc2004

Just picked up a preowned copy on Amazon for 1p plus £2.80 postage, cheers for the tip!

jarv

Thanks, I will look for it. An old mate of mine had nothing good to say about Buckingham either. Afetr 4 years as a junior coming through the ranks, Buckingham let him go at age 20. The timing was awful and he slipped into non league. Also he blamed Buckingham for the loss of Rodney Marsh for a song. Apparently they had stand up swearing matches every day in training.

bog

Rodney Marsh detested Buckingham.

092.gif

Fulham 442

Looks good - just ordered it from Amazon second hand but not at quite such a bargain price as ffc2004!  It will take a while to get here as its is coming from the States!!

Riversider

jarv

Just got a copy, amazon in usa, wow.   thanks for the information.

bill taylors apprentice

Just ordered mine, new from amazon, £7.99 inc P&P.