more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Felix has a new job

Started by westcliff white, June 09, 2016, 10:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

MAGATH TAKES OVER AT SHANDONG LUNENG

Former Bayern Munich boss Felix Magath has been appointed the head coach at Shandong Luneng, the Chinese Super League club has announced.

The 62-year-old German also managed Wolfsburg, Schalke 04 and Fulham, and replaces Brazilian Mano Menezes, who quit the side that have reached the AFC Champions League quarter-finals but are mired in the league's relegation zone.

Magath's move also saw him reunite with Shandong captain Hao Junmin, who had a stint at Schalke when the German was in charge there.

Magath, who won two Bundesliga titles with Bayern and one with Wolfsburg, is set to begin his stint in China with Sunday's league fixture against Hebei China Fortune.
Every day is a Fulham day

ffc2004

Quote from: westcliff white on June 09, 2016, 10:59:59 AM
Magath's move also saw him reunite with Shandong captain Hao Junmin, who had a stint at Schalke when the German was in charge there.

First out of the door then - sprinting whilst being chased by Magath wielding a lump of cheese.

alfie

You can guess what will happen, he will be highly successfull.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

Hopefully he will have learned from his mistakes and realise a little understanding of the league and the players will go a long way to stop the mistakes he made. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Wish he was still here.
I believe he would have taken us back up... :022: :wine: :clap_hands:

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 09, 2016, 11:56:25 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 09, 2016, 11:53:20 AM
Wish he was still here.
I believe he would have taken us back up... :022: :wine: :clap_hands:

Your not married to Judith Chalmers are you.

lol...

Forever Fulham

Germany will soon be recalling their ambassador to China.

YankeeJim

I don't think he will do well there. The Chinese are not really known for cheese.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

JOND999

i don't think Felix could have gotten up promoted but we would have done better than 20th under him.  our players didn't have the mettle to handle Felix. 

we need a complete overhaul anyway.  the game is about airtight defense and speed up front.  we have neither.

westcliff white

Have to say that I totally disagree, Felix was inept in so many ways. We would have struggled to stay up our first season back in the championship if he had stayed all season. He should have gone that summer. Can't argue re the defence but we had pace in Dembele last season

Fulham 442

Felix was a complete disaster from the minute he walked through the door.  Not only did he get us relegated he dissipated the squad and left us with no team, no team spirit and made us a laughing stock.  It will take us a long time to recover from his ineptitude.

westcliff white

He was a lunatic in my mind.

but  everyone is entitled to their view and opinion and I respect that.

I honestly think though confidence was gone after about 6 games under Felix in the championship

love4ffc

Poor China....don't think they know what they have brought in  :doh:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Twig

Quote from: JOND999 on June 09, 2016, 06:25:18 PM
i don't think Felix could have gotten up promoted but we would have done better than 20th under him.  our players didn't have the mettle to handle Felix. 

we need a complete overhaul anyway.  the game is about airtight defense and speed up front.  we have neither.

You're not serious right?

Wolf

A deranged individual who severely underestimated the strength of the Championship.

Worst manager ever.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Logicalman

Quote from: JOND999 on June 09, 2016, 06:25:18 PM

We had one
Felix did it
He failed!

.. and miserably as well!!  fp.gif
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Bracken White

I think if ever there was a case for abandoning the 'statstics' system it is here. The man was not just a complete disaster, he was a total control freak & systematically tried to destroy the whole infrastructure at Fulham.
His regime was military in the extreme and he appeared to have no knowledge whatsoever of team-working.
Two final points - Dan Burn at right back & Fotheringham. (There could be pages upon pages of foolscap with more!)
Regret I do not have a good word to say about what was quite simply the worst appointment ever in football.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Forever Fulham

Statto, I think Bracken's right.  Statistically, Felix was  a turnaround winner.  But his authoritarian, stubborn, style failed miserably in the Premier League at that snapshot in time.  He was the antithesis of a player's coach or manager.  And I suspect over time his short-lived successes at other clubs had gone to his head, made  him aloof and bitter.  How long was he kept as manager at other clubs?  Players and management could only take so much of him, of his style.  If there is one thing that I shall always remember as a crystalizing image blazed into my brain about the man, it's his Old West cigar store Indian visage during games.  How he sat there, like a stone, as if he had no on-the-fly ability to adapt and respond to what the moment was presenting.  No animation, remember?  Just a lump, staring.  Or maybe glowering is more like it.  I hated him for that.  Get involved! for crying out loud.  Stand up!  Make some changes.   Nope.  Nothing.

MJG

Seriously what has statistics got to do with Felix getting the job?

Reputation yes, he had on a number of times helped teams survive. If that's what some think statistics mean then don't ever mention you want a Manger who's won promotion.... Because your using a statistic.