News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 12, 2016, 12:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Report: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray

The French talent's contract at Craven Cottage has expired.

Reports earlier this week in Turkey suggested that Fulham striker Moussa Dembele was deep in talks with Galatasaray over a move to the club this summer.

Fotospor is just one of many sources in Turkey that reported the news that Gala had met with the Cottagers' player and come to an agreement.

The French striker is out of contract at the end of the month and has been linked with plenty of teams, but it seemed Gala had become the front-runners for his signature.

Now reports are suggesting an announcement is due this week, as Dembele agreed a salary of €1.75 (£1.4) million a year to join the club – equating to around £27k-a-week.

The report from Haberler suggests that Fulham were not originally willing to spend such a fee on the player but decided to splash out to beat English clubs to his signature.

This will of course come as bad news to Fulham – who will not receive any compensation for the player as he is heading to a foreign club.

The talented French striker played 46 times for Fulham in 2015-16, scoring 17 goals.

Lighthouse

If confirmed it is disappointing for all those involved. Not sure he hasn't reached his full potential already but some money would have been nice.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Very angry about the whole situation. We have invested time & money with him & will end up with nothing. He could have done the decent thing & sign a contract with a reasonable buy out clause. VDS & Saha both did this which meant we got decent sums for them.
I am disgusted with Dembele & his agent.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bobby01

Sorry young mr dembele, I think you have been badly advised here, you will not fulfill your potential out there.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Andy S

I think that is right. Money is fine but you need a long career at a decent standard with plenty of game time. I cannot feel bitter but if he has decided not to give anything back it doesn't say much for him as a person

bill taylors apprentice

What do you think we were offering him to stay?

Even assuming he has already reached his full potential, his goal scoring record and sell on value would still warrant a hefty wage in the Championship. 

rusty shackleford

hovewhite

Will wait and see if true,from everything I have read he follows his advisers guidance and might make some money,but not fulfil his ambitions because of that advice!

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Burt

Well I was expecting him to go but not to Gala! Interesting move. He may do quite well there, and will be likely to get some Champions League experience to boot.

Rhys Lightning 63

Made his mind up in January he was leaving and proceeded to jack it in. If he'd have worked harder he'd have ended up somewhere better than Turkey, but he couldn't be arsed. Screw him. LONG LIVE CAULEY WOODROW!!!
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Fulham76

Very shortsighted career move if true.

Not sure what these young footballers are looking for? If it's to be one of the best & play in the best leagues, this isn't the right move. If it's purely to get some extra cash for himself & his agents then it is the right move for him but he's selling himself short if he's as good as he seems to think he is.

Personally don't think he's that special but annoyed we'll miss out on some cash of our own if he moves there!

Wearethewhites

One James stannard

Quote from: Fulham76 on June 12, 2016, 09:30:40 PM
Very shortsighted career move if true.

Not sure what these young footballers are looking for? If it's to be one of the best & play in the best leagues, this isn't the right move. If it's purely to get some extra cash for himself & his agents then it is the right move for him but he's selling himself short if he's as good as he seems to think he is.

Personally don't think he's that special but annoyed we'll miss out on some cash of our own if he moves there!

:plus one: I never rated Dembele that highly either but im also disappointed if he goes abroad

bobbo

Quote from: grandad on June 12, 2016, 12:37:07 PM
Very angry about the whole situation. We have invested time & money with him & will end up with nothing. He could have done the decent thing & sign a contract with a reasonable buy out clause. VDS & Saha both did this which meant we got decent sums for them.
and it was Jimmy hill who helped make this situation all possible
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Southdowns White

If it's true then we just move on, I'm only interested in who will be playing for Fulham next season. Even if Ross McCormack goes It's not the end of the world, I've been supporting Fulham for so long that you know we will come good at some stage. Hopefully our coaching staff and those that run the club will make a few decent decisions when it comes to buying players between now and the start of the season. I just hope we can build a team that play for each other and not just their own egos, a team who will dig results out even when they are not playing at their best. You only have to look at Brighton, through plenty of games they were not the best team on the day but got the right result and played as a team to grind out results.

Twig

Quote from: bobbo on June 13, 2016, 10:48:50 AM

And he was right

bobbo

Quote from: Twig on June 13, 2016, 11:09:55 AM

And he was right
yes twig he was but it's now manipulated such that the clubs like us (who have always had to sell our best player) are the ones losing out. Everything is in favour of the player.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Apprentice to the Maestro

Why is it down to Jimmy Hill?

Bill2

Why is anyone surprised, he has said he was going to be off since Jan when refusing a new contract. I will wish him good luck but think Turkey is the wrong place for him.

From previous posts we should get £500,000 in some sort of compensation payment so lets get on with life and move on and never forget we will always be a selling club we can never expect players to show any loyalty except to their pay packet. But saying that ask those 2 Everton players who have been released about loyalty from a club when they were released and the club never even told them, they heard about it in the news.