watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In approximately ten days from now !

Started by Riversider, June 13, 2016, 02:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

The players return for pre season training, in 18 days time QPR play their first pre season friendly,
How can it be then that Fulham Football Club still haven't announced one single pre season friendly ?
The schedule must be in place , so why not announce it ?
Fulham need to hire a Communications executive complete with a Comms team ! What's that you say .......
Come on Fulham sort it out your communication on so many different topics is abysmal.

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: Riversider on June 13, 2016, 02:48:05 PM
The players return for pre season training, in 18 days time QPR play their first pre season friendly,
How can it be then that Fulham Football Club still haven't announced one single pre season friendly ?
The schedule must be in place , so why not announce it ?
Fulham need to hire a Communications executive complete with a Comms team ! What's that you say .......
Come on Fulham sort it out your communication on so many different topics is abysmal.
The players return on the 23rd of June?

westcliff white

we have a coms team, Sarah mentioned on twitter yesterday that when she can announce somethig she will, she was asked that exact question yesterday.

She also added that all friendlie whilst in Ireland barring one with Cork will be behind close doors
Every day is a Fulham day

Riversider

I know we have a Comms team, it's almost unbelievable isn't it, I don't follow Brookes on Twitter, so I wonder why she would post relevant information on her own private account but not via the official Fulham Football account, that's a bit odd,
As I said before the schedule must be in place by now (heaven help us if it isn't) so why not publish it.

Beamer

Mitch

Quote from: westcliff white on June 13, 2016, 03:06:06 PM
we have a coms team, Sarah mentioned on twitter yesterday that when she can announce somethig she will, she was asked that exact question yesterday.

She also added that all friendlie whilst in Ireland barring one with Cork will be behind close doors

The thing is, that really isn't good enough. If there's isn't news to report, well, there really should be!

If she knows Ireland will be mainly behind closed doors, why wasn't this posted on the Fulham sites?

Riversider

Fulham U18's are playing away to QPR on Tuesday 26th July 11.00am kick off, were also playing QPR at U21 level as well.

davew

Obviously we are getting rid of the whole squad and not enough time to put another team together, I am happy to wait!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Quote from: Beamer on June 13, 2016, 03:58:06 PM
We probably need a team first.

The point of pre season friendlies is to develop team understanding and therefore needs to include players likely to line up in our championship matches. Can anyone suggest a back four for our first couple of friendlies.

bill taylors apprentice

I agree the communication from the club is sh1t !

In this so called age of multi media, the clubs own website should generally always be the first place any news is placed.

And forgive me for being a bit old fashioned but isn't a good idea to try and build interest in whats going on at the club rather than run it like a secret society ?

westcliff white

Quote from: Mitch on June 13, 2016, 04:07:53 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 13, 2016, 03:06:06 PM

The thing is, that really isn't good enough. If there's isn't news to report, well, there really should be!

If she knows Ireland will be mainly behind closed doors, why wasn't this posted on the Fulham sites?
She also said everything is not in place just yet.

I agree comms could be better at times, but it is what it is. Its not as if we can go to the friendlies if they are behind closed doors.

Robbie

My bet is we bring in no more than three new players.  I reckon SJ / SK will take a bet on improving the existing squad ...

Riversider

I agree comms could be better at times, but it is what it is. Its not as if we can go to the friendlies if they are behind closed doors.
[/quote]

But that's exactly the point of my post and of some of the replies, we haven't been told that yet have we ?
Guaranteed there are Fulham supporters planning to go to the friendlies, unless you follow Sarah Brookes (and why should you) you firstly wouldn't know we are planning to go to Ireland and secondly you wouldn't know that the games are going to be behind closed doors as the official site still hasn't reported it,
It's almost beyond comprehension that a Championship Club wouldn't have a pre season tour in place by June 13th so why not report it ?

westcliff white

Quote from: Riversider on June 13, 2016, 08:22:23 PM

But that's exactly the point of my post and of some of the replies, we haven't been told that yet have we ?
Guaranteed there are Fulham supporters planning to go to the friendlies, unless you follow Sarah Brookes (and why should you) you firstly wouldn't know we are planning to go to Ireland and secondly you wouldn't know that the games are going to be behind closed doors as the official site still hasn't reported it,
It's almost beyond comprehension that a Championship Club wouldn't have a pre season tour in place by June 13th so why not report it ?

[/quote]
I agree with you Riversider, just saying the message read as it hasn't all been finalised as yet. And yes why would anyone follow Sarah, I did as I heard sometimes she is informative.

If we only have one friendly not behind closed doors, is it worth going over? for me not really, we seem to have done a few of these behind closed doors friendlies in the last couple of years

LBNo11

,,,I stopped following the communications head on twitter as her account rarely mentioned Fulham - if you wanted to know about a male tennis player or some talent contest or cruise ship singers then you should follow her.

I've been told that apparently there are some announced friendlies against Sutton etc., Fulham XI's etc, but not easy to find on the official website unless they have changed it from last week.

Communication is key - just need to find the lock...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

St Eve

It baffles me. Either we have arranged friendlies or we haven't. Either they are behind closed doors or they aren't. Either way communicate.

Riversider

Fulham Xl Friendlies
July 9th Sutton United
July 20th Bournemouth
July 23rd Barnet
July 27th QPR

First team v Brighton to be played at Aldershot on19th July

filham

Quote from: Riversider on June 13, 2016, 11:37:31 PM
Fulham Xl Friendlies
July 9th Sutton United
July 20th Bournemouth
July 23rd Barnet
July 27th QPR

No, surely not we could be playing QPR and Brighton at the beginning of August in the Championship.

MJG

Quote from: filham on June 14, 2016, 11:38:23 AM
Quote from: Riversider on June 13, 2016, 11:37:31 PM
Fulham Xl Friendlies
July 9th Sutton United
July 20th Bournemouth
July 23rd Barnet
July 27th QPR

No, surely not we could be playing QPR and Brighton at the beginning of August in the Championship.
Riversider being a bit naughty by putting Fulham XI when they are U21 games for the games bar the game at Aldershot.

Friday 20 May 2016 12:00

The Club can confirm details of a number of pre-season friendlies scheduled for Fulham's Under-21 side:

Saturday 9th July (3pm) – Sutton United v Fulham XI
    Wednesday 20th July – AFC Bournemouth U21s v Fulham U21s
    Saturday 23rd July – Barnet U21s v Fulham U21s
    Wednesday 27th July – Queens Park Rangers U21s v Fulham U21s

All fixtures are away from home, with kick-off times to be confirmed. Further fixtures and information will be detailed in due course.