watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Weatherspoon's Large Mixed Grill

Started by SP, June 16, 2016, 09:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Has anyone ever conquered this beast?  I had one last night with additional scampi & a free pint & it's a monster, all for £11. Excellent value, pity their ale wasn't up to much.

:wow:

Carborundum

There are certain new facts and information that lodge in the brain for years, perhaps decades.  Have a feeling the existence of an unconquerable mixed grill for £11 at Weatherspoons is going to be one of them.  Thanks for sharing it.

Alternatively I could just give it a go I suppose.

dannyboi-ffc

I'm no health fanatic but I stopped having the wetherspoons mixed grill when I found out how much salt/ calories are involved. I might be way off but I'm sure I read it contained more than your daily allowance and that's without eating anything else during the day.

Is it still a beast then?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Carborundum

Scouting out on the internet, there's been plenty of media interest.  Daily mail takes a particularly disapproving tone.....

.....add your own punchline here.

bill taylors apprentice

I've struggled through it once.

The trouble with Weatherspoons food is it generally tastes OK (if you don't have a refined palate) and is excellent value but its highly processed and probably as/more unhealthy than many a high street take away if you eat there regularly.

I have a mate who just will not eat anywhere else if he can help it, to the point where he will walk away if I try to persuade him to go in a regular restaurant.

He's more than comfortable financially so its not the cost, he just see's eating as a function not something to be enjoyed.
And he's one of those people who is slim and fit as a fiddle despite his diet, Bastard!

bigalffc

Better still try the fourteen ounce Aberdeen Angus steaks
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

gang

Weatherspoons name comes from when the owner was at school his teacher, a certain Mr Weatherspoon, told him he would never amount to anything.
What a mistake to make.

The Equalizer

I'd rather eat my own liver than eat in Wetherspoons. They're responsible for the single worst Christmas lunch I've ever had (not my idea to go there), or not had maybe more the point as it was inedible. My Dad used to enjoy a Thursday night curry club in the Cap In Hand as it was good value, unless you consider that said curry was bought in the Sainsbury's ready meal section, microwaved and then charged for more whilst being served by a fuckwit who doesn't know poppadoms from Papa John's.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

SP

The nearest I'll come to experiencing the latter stages of pregnancy. 

RaySmith

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 17, 2016, 06:45:03 PM
I'd rather eat my own liver than eat in Wetherspoons. They're responsible for the single worst Christmas lunch I've ever had (not my idea to go there), or not had maybe more the point as it was inedible. My Dad used to enjoy a Thursday night curry club in the Cap In Hand as it was good value, unless you consider that said curry was bought in the Sainsbury's ready meal section, microwaved and then charged for more whilst being served by a fuckwit who doesn't know poppadoms from Papa John's.
They are cheap because they cut back on everything possible,  like staff  wages and conditions - the person who served you was probably knackered through having to do three people's jobs for one, minimum, wage, with no breaks.

The meals are all microwaved convenience meals - the cheapest possible, bought in bulk.