watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AZ Coach unhappy with Dembélé

Started by sipwell, August 16, 2010, 10:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

Dembélé wasn't in the selection of AZ Alkmaar when they played Groningen over the weekend. The coach, Gert-Jan Verbeek, says he is not inclined to let Dembélé play in the competition any longer since Dembélé did not want to be part of the European selection of AZ. Verbeek said that he wants to build a new team and he does not count on players like Dembélé (who wants to move away). Also, criticism on the team's performance has thickened since AZ's attack was extremely weak and many people say they could use the transfer money of Dembélé to buy another striker.
Apparently Dembélé and Fulhamr reached a personal deal, which had often been a stumbling block with other teams (Fiorentina had an offer from AZ accepted - 6 million euros - but didn't reach a deal with Dembélé). Since he has only 1 year left on his contract (and he does not want to renew it), chances are very big he will be sold in this transfer window.

(gathered from Dutch/Belgian press releases)

Makes me wonder:
1) why does Dembélé not want to play European football, since Fulham isn't playing (unfortunately) in any of the European cups this season;
2) why is AZ clinging on to Dembélé (and claiming not to have reached a deal with Fulham) as Fulham offers the exact same amount as Fiorentina (are they disagreeing over other small perks, like a percentage of a future sale of Dembélé?)?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Lighthouse

Makes me wonder:
1) why does Dembélé not want to play European football, since Fulham isn't playing (unfortunately) in any of the European cups this season;
2) why is AZ clinging on to Dembélé (and claiming not to have reached a deal with Fulham) as Fulham offers the exact same amount as Fiorentina (are they disagreeing over other small perks, like a percentage of a future sale of Dembélé?)?

There seems to be a certain resentment against  Prem teams. Not sure why, but every Prem club seems to have to pay over the odds now for any player. As for Dembele not playing in Europe. His ambition makes him  see that a move to England will put him in the shop window and make him more of a success. The immediate sacrifice of Europe is worth it. Although as mentioned before, he sees Fulham as just one step in the right direction for his ambition.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope