watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kiraly,oh dear

Started by OdecaMynoT, June 18, 2016, 06:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OdecaMynoT

A comedy of errors leads to Iceland taking the lead.

Why does he wear those tracksuit bottoms for every game? Anyone know?
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

filham

Kiraly and Gera both in the same international side at their ages, who would have thought it.

Mince n Tatties

Why do people have to keep knocking him all the time?
he is at the European finals at his age,and a lot of others will be envious of that.
What does it matter he plays in tracksuit bottoms,didnt Pat Jennings often do
the same?

Blanco

He seriously cocked up leading to the iceland penalty.

I read that he wears them out of superstition. He said that he had a good few games wearing them so now its a permanent thing.

RaySmith

Apparently it's from when he was younger, to protect his knees playing on hard pitches in Hungary- and they became a good luck charm.

The last game he played well, though he was at fault today, but to play at this level his age is a great  achievement.

colinwhite

I like him ,just not when hes in our team !

Twig

I really don't understand the knockers.  This guy has done remarkably well and frankly a little harmless eccentricity is surely no bad thing?

Carborundum

One goal conceded, qualification sorted with a game to go.  He and his teamates have done great.  Yes, he's a character, yes he makes some mistakes.  But they all do and he wasn't being passive as he made it. 

Happy to see him do well and happy to see Zoltan Gera doing just as well.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on June 19, 2016, 09:30:33 AM
I really don't understand the knockers.  This guy has done remarkably well and frankly a little harmless eccentricity is surely no bad thing?

0001.jpeg

Blanco

Not knocking his joggers so much its how bad he is as a player. He isn't a good goalkeeper.

Twig

Over 100 caps for his country, oldest to play play in a European Championship, still preferred international keeper in his 40's.  But "He isn't a good goalkeeper".  Not sure I entirely agree with that assertion.

Burt

He's done well... And really it's the only flap he has had in the tournament to date, in which he has been very solid.

hovewhite

Like him myself and also great to see zoltan still representing his country at a major finals competition!

gezkc

Apparently he wears them because he has chicken legs.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Blanco on June 19, 2016, 03:45:24 PM
Not knocking his joggers so much its how bad he is as a player. He isn't a good goalkeeper.

Then he must be an extremely lucky keeper because the list of clubs who have signed him over the years is impressive.

Granted his time with us was poor but considering the chaos all around him its not surprising.

I also remember his outstanding performance for Hertha Berlin when knocking us out of the UEFA cup at loftus road.