https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff 16.08.10

Started by os5889, August 16, 2010, 11:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

http://blogs.bettor.com/Craig-Bellamy-to-sign-for-which-team-a21987

Craig Bellamy to sign for which team?

He's one of those footballers you come to love, eventually.

Craig Bellamy is certain to be leaving Manchester City before the transfer window closes, and there are several clubs who would like to sign the Welshman.

Controversial, out-spoken, and always wanting things done his way, Bellamy is a love-hate figure in the modern game.

Bellamy has been black-listed by Man City and told by manager Roberto Mancini he will not be included in his 25-man Premier League squad. The 31-year-old has also been told to stay away from the club until a transfer is agreed.

It is understood Bellamy will train with Cardiff City after returning to his homeland to visit his family, and a move to Cardiff City could very well be on the cards. The relationship between Mancini and Bellamy hasn't been the best since Mancini's arrival last season, and being told to stay away from Man City's training ground is a sign of the manager stamping his authority on the club, and, as the kind of character Bellamy is, he is not best pleased with that.

Cardiff manager Dave Jones wants to bring Bellamy to Cardiff on loan, but he could face stiff competition from the likes of Celtic, Sunderland and Fulham. Also, Tottenham Hotspur could try to bring Bellamy to White Hart Lane.

A statement from Cardiff said: "With the number and names of the clubs being mentioned in connection with Craig, it is flattering that we are an option. Being connected to a player of this calibre shows how far we have come to be even considered in a deal like this. We would love for it to happen but we are by no means alone in this."

You may think that Man City are mad to be letting Bellamy leave, as he was no doubt City's best player throughout the course of last season, but Mancini wants his own players, and obviously the Welshman is not one of them. Whether you love him or loathe him, his talent on the pitch is never questioned.

If Cardiff want to get Bellamy, it will be up to him whether he wants to play in the Championship. There is a possibility Bellamy could go to Fulham and link up with former manager Mark Hughes, who according to reports are favourites to land him.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp also wants Bellamy, but City are reluctant to sell him to a club who they believe will challenge them for a top-four spot, while Celtic boss Neil Lennon is confident Bellamy will make the move to Scotland for a second time, having previously been there on loan back in 2005.

Come the end of the transfer window, one thing is for sure. Bellamy will not be wearing a City shirt.

os5889

The Premier League -- what women think your team says about you

We're not going to go into the football, because although we like to think so, we don't really know what we're talking about. We know some people who do mind.

With a new season comes new pressures, new signings and new dramas. Football is a fickle mistress, so we wanted to know what our lady-friends make of our team. What does our team say about us? Can you tell anything about a man from the team he supports?

We found a girl and serious football fan who reckons you can, Adele Forrest, relationship expert and Asylum regular reckons you can tell a fair bit about a man by which polyester shirt he pulls on of a Saturday morning.

To find her new season lowdown, keep reading.

Aston Villa: "Brummies are a funny bunch. Dour, loyal and unpretentious, they make good, steady boyfriends. They're sort of practical but they're never realistically going to topple the big four. The problem with Villa fans is they're the type of men who shop in Burtons and we could pretend there is nothing wrong with that, but there is, really."
Typical date: Tour of a dour local Cathedral.

Arsenal: "Arsenal fans are generally quite a middle-class bunch. They're more likely to be at a match networking, and then spend the best part of the next week moaning about their side. Basically they're quite cool, ambitious people but they tend to be a bit flaky. All style, no substance."
Typical date: Lunch in Strada.

Birmingham: "What kind of man supports Birmingham? Brummies who are even more dour than Villa supporters -- which is basically as dour as you can get. Everyone knows the Brummers are a good-bunch and Birmingham fans are a pragmatic, down to earth types -- good boyfriend material."
Typical date: Roller-disco.

Blackburn: "My ex was a Blackburn fan, could never see anything through till the end, not 90 minutes of football, not five minutes of... Anyway. Blackburn are the team you always kind of half-forget about, and that's what it says about you if you're a fan. Forgettable. A bit-part player. An also-ran." Harsh.
Typical date: Orienteering.

Blackpool: "Being a Blackpool fan is like being a kid who just discovered a trunk full of pick and mix in the loft -- you're about as excited as you're ever going to get. Being a Blackpool fan says "I'm a happy-go-lucky kind of kind of guy and to be honest I'm out of my depth".
Typical date: Pleasure Beach?

Bolton: "Bolton fan? It says: Long-term investment. There is no chance of you going-off and getting relegated or sodding off to Europe. Bolton fans are the type of boyfriends who are going to be with you through thick and thin, very occasionally they might even surprise you."
Typical date: Whippet chasing.

the dark side: "the dark side fans, well, actually, the dark side fans are sometimes unfairly maligned. There are two types of the dark side fans: Pre-Abramovich and post-Abramovich. The former are as loyal as any fans in the Premier League, and therefore would make a great boyfriend. The others are glory-supporters who'd dump you the second a pretty floozie came along."
Typical date: Ice skating followed by some more cliches.

Everton: "Bless Everton. Perennial second-placers, but they're really on-the-up I reckon. Being an Everton fans says basically "I'm going places in my own time." They've steadily built over the last few years, so as a boyfriend you'll have to be patient with them, but eventually they'll bring home some silverware, which is metaphor for like, something cool"
Typical date: A brisk walk followed by some iced-buns from Greggs.

Fulham: "Tough one Fulham. What are there fans like? Well Fulham is actually a pretty affluent area, their fans tend to be pretty well off, but equally Craven Cottage is one of the smallest, most bucolic grounds in the Premier League. So if you're a fan it says, "I'm well-off, I'm successful and I've got substance." That's pretty much the perfect boyfriend."
Typical date: Clay pigeon shooting.

Liverpool: "Being a Liverpool fan says "I'll put up with anything." Often they're living in the past, living on former glories and no one wants a fella who's constantly telling them how great they used to be, but that's what they're like. They're the type of boyfriend who has potential but they're hamstrung by what they used to be."
Typical date: Orange Wednesdays at the Odeon.

Man City: "Pffff. Man City. They're a crude bunch aren't they? Basically all the ingredients are there, good hair, nice clothes, good job, but then, at the same time, it just doesn't work. Like their team, they've got all the necessary parts, but they can't make them work together."
Typical date: Shopping at the Trafford Centre.

Man Utd: "Man United fans are like those old successful men, fat from the fruits of their glory, complacent and smug. They don't make great boyfriends because they don't really need you. Or they think they don't. They'll never really put any effort in because they always think something better is just around the corner."
Typical date: Some show-off restaurant, followed by a show-off bar.

Newcastle: "Bless Newcastle. Back in Premier League, they've felt a lot of despair in recent years. A team that have gone from being a nailed-on member of the big four to being relegated. Only Leeds' fall from grace has been more spectacular. This experience has made them more humble and therefore much better boyfriend candidates."
Typical date: Dinner followed by a video of Alan Shearer's greatest goals.

Stoke: "The Potters. Big, simple, affective. It might sound rude, but actually lots of girls like that sort of man, a reliable, pragmatic kind of chap. They're the loudest fans in the Premier League and women love that kind of shout-out-loud loyalty. Occasionally though, they can get a bit ugly."
Typical date: Pot spinning.

Sunderland: "Sunderland are a weird bunch. Relegation candidates? Not likely. Europe? No chance. They're lower-mid-tablers and they know it. As boyfriends they're a bit uninspiring. If you're a Sunderland fan it says to a girl I'm not ambitious but I'm loyal."
Typical date: Fish and chips in a bus stop.

Tottenham: "Tottenham fan? Yeah actually I think Tottenham are a sexy side, they play really attractive attacking football and they've got a bit of character like Harry Redknapp. Being a Tottenham fan says you're hot and you're a bit of an eccentric. Very attractive."
Typical date: A Tottenham match, followed by board games.

West Brom: "Yo-yo team West Brom. Who's their most famous fan? That's right, Adrian Chiles. Not, I think womankind would agree, a conventionally unsexy man, but certainly charismatic. The Baggies actually play a pretty attractive brand of football only they're defence is pretty dodgy. Being a West Brom fan suggests you don't mind losing if you look good doing it."
Typical date: Bowling.

West Ham: "The Hammers are a side known for their swashbuckling footie. Well, they used to be, and under Zola things seemed to be going well until the difficult second season. A change of owners and management later and things are looking considerably less rosy. West Ham fan? It says former genius now engulfed in depression."
Typical date: Picketing the Upton Park board room.

Wigan: "Comically stuffed by Blackpool on the opening day things are looking grim for Wigan. And as boyfriends they're not much better, 90% of the time they're woeful, but on occasion, they can do something absolutely beyond comprehension, like beat the dark side or buy you some roses."
Typical date: Dinner at his mums.

Wolves: "Scary and hilarious. That's really all I've got say. Their manager Mick McCarthy's World Cup commentaries were something to behold and his team's football is equally down-to-earth. They'll survive this year and probably build on it next. In boyfriend terms, they're a solid investment, like coco beans or cotton."
Typical date: Crazy golf.

Read more: http://www.asylum.co.uk/2010/08/16/the-premier-league-what-women-think-your-team-says-about-you/#ixzz0wmSozkFG

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

os5889

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/838200-manuel-almunia-i-will-quit-arsenal-if-shay-given-transfer-goes-through

Manuel Almunia: I will quit Arsenal if Shay Given transfer goes through
Current Arsenal number one Manuel Almunia will demand crunch talks with Arsene Wenger over his future, if the club complete the transfer of either Fulham's Mark Schwarzer or Manchester City's Shay Given.

Manuel Almunia has threatened to quit Arsenal if they bring in a new goalkeeper (G. Chadwick)
The Gunners are currently thought to be in talks with both teams over their respective shot-stoppers with a view to bringing in one or the other before the transfer window closes in two weeks' time.
And Almunia, who has been at Arsenal for six years, said he will be forced to consider his position if a new man is brought in to challenge him for the No.1 shirt.
"To be honest, it is so difficult to concentrate because Arsenal is a big club and speculation is always in the news and everywhere," he said.
"The only thing I can do is keep working because I have a contract here and I have to do what the manager wants from me.
"I have not spoken to him. If somebody comes in, I will have to talk about my future at Arsenal. That is it."
More: Arsenal transfer news and rumours
Almunia played in the Gunners' opening Premier League fixture against Liverpool on Sunday, although several critics have suggested he was at fault for the opening goal as Reds striker David Ngog beat the Spaniard at his near post.
However, Almunia, who hit the headlines for a number of high-profile errors last season, has said he tries to ignore his critics and is reluctant to speak to Wenger about his position until he needs to.
"I cannot talk now, because the talking would be for nothing," he continued.
"I have to work and if one day I am not good for Arsenal, I will talk. That is no problem. I am very happy here.
"The only news I have is from third parties — people at the training ground. When I go out and when I come back from training, I switch off.
"I try to live in a bubble and give all my attention to my wife. Every morning when I go out training, it is the time to think about football. But the rest of the day is the time to switch off.
"It is not easy, though. Every time you go out, people are around you who are football fans. But you have to be polite to everybody and smile."
Almunia has been linked with a possible move to Aston Villa if Arsenal bring in a new first-choice goalkeeper.
However, the 33-year-old has said he would prefer to play abroad rather than join another English club.

os5889

Flag Competition
Monday 16th August 2010

Do you think you can produce a flag design worthy of a prime location at Craven Cottage? The Club would like to invite all Fulham fans to try their hand at designing a flag that will be displayed at the stadium, just under the Cottage balcony for the entire 2010/11 season.

If you have creative flair and can really capture the elements of Craven Cottage as well as the heritage of the Club, then we want to hear from you. Please send your designs to [email protected] by 5pm Friday 20th August.

The winning design will be sent to production and unveiled at the Everton fixture on Saturday 25th September where it will be hung under the Cottage balcony for the first time.

If you would like to see your masterpiece on display each time you visit the Cottage then don't miss out on the chance to make it happen. Send in your masterpiece now!

The winner will be notified at the Everton fixture when the Club unveils the winning flag prior to kick off.

Please note the winner may be required to participate in some Club promotional material. Please keep your file size under 2Mb.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/August/FlagCompetition.aspx#ixzz0wmhTikB4

os5889

Fulham v Port Vale
Carling Cup
Wednesday 25 August
Kick-Off 20:00

On-sale dates

Season Ticket Holders on sale
Season Ticket Holders' seats will be held until 5pm on Tuesday 17th August.
General Sale  Tuesday, 17th August
Loyalty points: 6 (more info)

Buy tickets now

How to Buy Tickets

buy tickets online  - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day. Save on booking fees by booking online*
by phone on 0870 442 1234 (option 1) - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day
in person from the Ticket Office: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; non-match day Sat 10am-12pm
by fax 0207 384 4810 (download printable form )
by postal application to FFC Ticket Office, Stevenage Road, Fulham, SW6 6HH enclosing a stamped addressed envelope (download printable form )
Seatwave - the official fan-to-fan ticket exchange
* Lower booking fees compared to telephone booking

Prices

First 5,000 tickets

Adults / Under 21s / Over 65s  £10
Under 16s £5
5,000+ tickets (including match day)

Adults £15
Over 65s / Under 21s £10 (Under 21 price not available on match day)
Under 16s £5

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Games/PortValeHome.aspx#ixzz0wmiEeTrS

os5889

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16082010/58/premier-league-top-5-saves-heroic-hart.html

Premier League - Top 5 saves: Heroic Hart

The first round of matches found many keepers in top form - none more so than Manchester City's Joe Hart.
The England man was preferred to Shay Given and repaid manager Roberto Mancini's faith with a string of superb stops.
Elsewhere, there was good as well as bad from Liverpool's Pepe Reina, a top stop from Stoke's Thomas Sorensen and some inspired work by Fulham stand-in David Stockdale.

Theres a video too if you click the linky