watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Michael Mc Govern

Started by The Swan, June 21, 2016, 11:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

The Northern Ireland keeper was outstanding tonight against Germany.

I don't know who he plays for but I would like to see him play for Fulham.
The Swan

J.Perkins

He just got released from Hamilton. No thanks.

twang

Buying Northern Irish players based on their performances for the national team didn't work out too well last time...

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: twang on June 21, 2016, 11:33:52 PM
Buying Northern Irish players based on their performances for the national team didn't work out too well last time...

I think Healy got a bum rap, he was bought to play alongside McBride but never got the chance. If we'd have kept Helguson (basically the same player) he would have worked well, but he couldn't play up top on his own
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Snibbo

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on June 21, 2016, 11:38:30 PM

I think Healy got a bum rap, he was bought to play alongside McBride but never got the chance. If we'd have kept Helguson (basically the same player) he would have worked well, but he couldn't play up top on his own

Chris Baird? Not a bad buy was he?  And Steven Davis's career has gone pretty well since we got rid of him

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Snibbo on June 22, 2016, 12:05:08 AM

Chris Baird? Not a bad buy was he?  And Steven Davis's career has gone pretty well since we got rid of him

Aaron Hughes anyone lol????

As for Healy and Davis. Davis a good player who was just used poorly and didn't settle in at Fulham, sometimes certain players aren't a good fit with certain clubs. Healy was never proven at premier league level and imo was never going to be good enough. It's one thing to be the record goal scorer for Northern Ireland but to transfer that into premier league football is a big ask, Lafferty isn't premier league quality and he was a big part of the current sides qualification.

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Bronaldinho

I still wished we had kept Davis.

Such a tremendous midfielder and someone who would of thrived with Demps and Dembele let's put it that way.

Baird & Hughes were successes and Healy in the right setup was a natural finisher.

Problem was that Sanchez wasn't the best manager.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Bronaldinho

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 22, 2016, 12:20:40 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on June 22, 2016, 12:05:08 AM

Aaron Hughes anyone lol????

As for Healy and Davis. Davis a good player who was just used poorly and didn't settle in at Fulham, sometimes certain players aren't a good fit with certain clubs. Healy was never proven at premier league level and imo was never going to be good enough. It's one thing to be the record goal scorer for Northern Ireland but to transfer that into premier league football is a big ask, Lafferty isn't premier league quality and he was a big part of the current sides qualification.

I'd love Lafferty to lead the line at Fulham though, his work-rate and big frame would be decent foil for McCormack
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

westcliff white

He did make some good saves but was also positionall;y poor on some occassions, he reminds me of Tony Warner. More so when after one good game people say he could be this or that.

Peronsally I do not think he looks that good, and thre are better options out there.
Every day is a Fulham day

Chutney

He's a free agent and a good keeper, not a bad back up. Could be signed for basically nothing, why not?

C O Y W

westcliff white

i am not having a go at anyone or puttin ghim down, but has anyone seen him play for say a season or more? if based on the euros it is pretty dangerous to judge someone on a few games only.
Every day is a Fulham day

kdjr100

I heard earlier that he's on his way to Rangers
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"