watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- Iceland commentary

Started by bog, June 23, 2016, 08:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Has anyone heard the Iceland commentary when they got their late winner? Absolutely brilliant!!!  :yay: :clap_hands:

092.gif 

westcliff white

yep heard it, thought he was crying towards the end
Every day is a Fulham day

bog

You cant blame him can you! They reckon 10% of the total population of just over 300,000 is at the tourna. I recall the North Koreans of 1966 so love these upstarts causing havoc!!!   :yay: :clap_hands:

092.gif

jamesffc

Quote from: bog on June 23, 2016, 09:03:38 AM
You cant blame him can you! They reckon 10% of the total population of just over 300,000 is at the tourna. I recall the North Koreans of 1966 so love these upstarts causing havoc!!!   :yay: :clap_hands:

092.gif

To put it all into perspective - the entire population of Iceland is smaller than the population of Ealing!

bog

JamesFFC, it certainly does and  I used to live near there!! Well Hanwell actually. 

092.gif

bobbo

I've heard it , someone must have had a hold of his nuts.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Nero

I fully expect Gentleman Jim to reach those heights on our first win of the season

Barrett487

Last time they heard anything like this in Iceland, it was because the price of Turkey Twizlers had gone up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36603525

Mince n Tatties

At least we avoided our nemises Portugal....

Burt

Bless him. Lets face it, for the last 15 years he has been commentating for them it has been "slim pickings". Considering the size of their country and the lack of resources they have, to get to the Euros was an amazing achievement and to get to the last 16 is unbelievable.

We'll just have to put them in their place on Monday night.

Whoops... Kiss of death? Time will tell  :dft011:

bog

Let's imagine Iceland taking the place of Portugal as our nemesis..... :doh:

092.gif   

Carborundum

Quote from: Nero on June 23, 2016, 01:24:24 PM
I fully expect Gentleman Jim to reach those heights on our first win of the season
Meanwhile, further along the row, there was a bloke with a microphone saying "Well you can probably tell what has happened there" in Austrian.