watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brilliant Gera, useless Keown.

Started by Funky Fulham Dave, June 23, 2016, 09:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funky Fulham Dave

What a really enjoyable game between Hungary and Portugal to watch and one of the tournament's best goals so far scored by old favourite Zoltan Gera, a trade mark half-volley that gave the keeper no chance.

The down side of the TV coverage was the dreadful co-commentary/analysis from Martin Keown.  His banal utterances included the usual tired clichés – "must do better", "for me", "corridor of uncertainty" were just a couple of the gems from Martin. Although he did enlighten the viewers with the fact that Coventry has a bigger population than the whole of Iceland!

Kin awful.

049:gif

gang

Agreed, but it was Leicester he mentioned pointing out their success with a small population.

westcliff white

was a decent game the HUngary v Portugal one until the last 8 minutes where no one bothered.

But Keown is truly awful
Every day is a Fulham day

Steven Ageroad

I  can't remember which keeper did a Superman impression whilst surrounded by players to punch out a fierce cross from the winger and Keon quote was "Why didn't he catch it?"

bobbo

Yeah keown was poor. But tell me am I the only person who thinks Ronaldo's first goal was offside, there is no clear view from playbacks but I'm convinced it was.

But what does it matter now.m
1975 just leaving home full of hope

H4usuallysitting

Andy Townsend was commentating on the Ireland game.....nothing more

cheerupjimmyhill

Must say I did quite enjoy the savage keown commentary in the England - Wales game. Savage was pretty fair to be honest.

I like Danny Murphy though and am finding Shearer very very irritating

bog

Keown is so wooden he should be worked by strings. I recall he on MOTD saying how Leicester were beginning to flounder back in March.  :005:

092.gif

alfie

Once again i prove to not have any knowledge of football because i like Keown.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't