News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So, we've gone from being financially backed, to now having to raise funds.

Started by Wearethewhites, June 30, 2016, 02:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

If true..

"It leaves Jokanovic in something of a tricky situation. They obviously want to keep the player for his goals but he was ultimately part of a struggling team last season. New recruits are needed and finances would need to be raised to bring them in."

http://the72.co.uk/58808/fulham-may-forced-lowering-asking-price-striker/

N_O_W_S

I don't think it's necessarily that we don't have the funding. Maybe it's more of an FFP juggle.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

MJG

Its the old issue about net and gross spend.
Yes we could invest/spend £15M say, but another 12 raised will clearly give us more room, especially with FFP (whatever your thoughts on that its a reality) and the full allowance allowed.

Has to be remembered that we have lost almost 10M straight away this summer with the parachute reduction.

Selling Trogg, couple of others and Ross for big figure. I reckon that can give us 20-25M to spend within the fag packet budget Im working to and still be within FFP.

We will spend that, highly unlikely, but just saying.

And no facts used.

MJG

Like I have been saying, is it better to have one star player and 3 below average ones, or 4 good players? Thats how I look at the Ross sale if(when) it happens.

Apprentice to the Maestro

It seems rather odd that his buy out clause ends this season rather than running to the end of his contract. Why would we offer him an extension for so little in return?

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: MJG on June 30, 2016, 03:10:34 PM
Like I have been saying, is it better to have one star player and 3 below average ones, or 4 good players? Thats how I look at the Ross sale if(when) it happens.
[/b]

I think it will so we better get used to it.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 30, 2016, 03:14:16 PM
It seems rather odd that his buy out clause ends this season rather than running to the end of his contract. Why would we offer him an extension for so little in return?

My question, with the facts presented in that DM article, is: why would the clause end at this point in the transfer window and not at or near the end? Seems too little time for the club to have realized any benefit from the renegotiation and extension of the contract. Makes it seem as if we paid him a better salary to do work that he was obliged to do anyway to get, what, 3 weeks to see if a larger buyout would be met? Just doesn't make sense to me.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

N_O_W_S

Quote from: Statto on June 30, 2016, 03:38:14 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 30, 2016, 03:09:37 PM
Has to be remembered that we have lost almost 10M straight away this summer with the parachute reduction.

Ok but if you're going to factor that in then surely you also have to factors in the wages we're not paying on the players we've sold... add that to £6m in fees received so far on dembele, hyndman and mitroglou and we must already be well into the black there... add another £5m once stek and amorebieta are gone
£5mill is a bit ambitious. The figure I saw for Stek was £700k. I can't imagine love bite being worth more than £1.8mill.

MJG

Ok but if you're going to factor that in then surely you also have to factors in the wages we're not paying on the players we've sold... add that to £6m in fees received so far on dembele, hyndman and mitroglou and we must already be well into the black there... add another £5m once stek and amorebieta are gone

I have factored that in. The hope is that a reduction in wages over last two years has at least matched the reduction in parachute payments. So we are basically at best standing still with money in and money out.

Im away for a few days but will put together a sort of forecast as best as i can next week.

westcliff white

Fair play is rubbish, how can anyone agree to it when at least one team still hasn't paid up their fine. Basically it's a mockery the team/s in question should be barred from transfers or playing till it's settled or the rest of the teams should just ignore / challenge the rules. One rule for some and one for Others
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

So basically we can spend what we spent last summer unless we sell players, I say again FFP is rubbish as some just ignore it. Moreover it means we will never be able to spend again and if SK wanted to sell who would buy us as no chance of doing anything. FFP sucks everyone knows it, all it has done is protect the big clubs from any me challengers unless the get lucky like Leicester or blow up like united and Chelsea didnlast year and to a lesser extent Liverpool over the last few years. All in all good honest true fans screwed by the rule makers again

N_O_W_S

Quote from: Statto on June 30, 2016, 04:05:12 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 30, 2016, 03:55:14 PM

I have factored that in. The hope is that a reduction in wages over last two years has at least matched the reduction in parachute payments. So we are basically at best standing still with money in and money out.

Im away for a few days but will put together a sort of forecast as best as i can next week.

fair enough, agree with that (although for my part it's all guessing and conjecture anyway)

ole_s
i'm talking about wages as well, combined salaries for those two probably equates to about £3m per year
Now I'm up to speed! With you there. I think the wage bill reduction could be sizable this summer. Just hoping to see some movement now.

Logicalman

er, what is this journo on about?

Is it just the sale of McCormack or the need to 'raise funds'? If the former, then understood, but the wording of the latter leaves me wondering where he's going with this, as he appears to be saying, without actually saying it, that Khan is not providing the cash up front, but solely relying on the sale to fund purchases.

All this guys articles start with:
The Telegraph understands ...
The Daily Star reports ...
The Daily Mail understands ...
The Sheffield Star understands ...

and then adds unsubstantiated analysis of his own. Should be writing for the current bun instead!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

hovewhite

BestOfBrede

Mr Khan intimated he will provide funds
Reports and or 'In the know' are made up
FFP is a joke and Mr Khan should ignore it like others have done
All this 'If Ross goes we will have more to spend', is astounding!
We have lost Dembele already, if Ross goes we will likely get relegated - but no worries, we will have more money! Jeez!

Lighthouse

Truth is that players want to move. Those that don't will stay and we will have to play with the jigsaw and find the pieces  to fill in the team picture. I would imagine getting 11 players out onto the pitch come the first day of the season will be a big ask.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

We may have lost 10 million in parachute but we could raise a fair bit with a new shirt sponsor and then use the rules for the small sponsor on the back of the top and on the shorts, unless we can get our main sponsor to pay us more so we do not have to use that option. We could also sell name rights for the stadium, something like London Prides Craven Cottage or Craven Cottagesponsored by Fullers Londons Pride

TWFL

Quote from: westcliff white on June 30, 2016, 11:06:28 PM
We may have lost 10 million in parachute but we could raise a fair bit with a new shirt sponsor and then use the rules for the small sponsor on the back of the top and on the shorts, unless we can get our main sponsor to pay us more so we do not have to use that option. We could also sell name rights for the stadium, something like London Prides Craven Cottage or Craven Cottagesponsored by Fullers Londons Pride

Like that would go down well..

Mitch

Quote from: westcliff white on June 30, 2016, 04:09:35 PM
So basically we can spend what we spent last summer unless we sell players, I say again FFP is rubbish as some just ignore it. Moreover it means we will never be able to spend again and if SK wanted to sell who would buy us as no chance of doing anything. FFP sucks everyone knows it, all it has done is protect the big clubs from any me challengers unless the get lucky like Leicester or blow up like united and Chelsea didnlast year and to a lesser extent Liverpool over the last few years. All in all good honest true fans screwed by the rule makers again

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I'm sure if we tried to do a Boro/B'Mouth and stick two fingers to FFP and escape major punishment as we'd have the Prem windfall, that we'd actually totally balls it up and be in a worse position.