watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Third signing of the summer

Started by sunburywhite, July 01, 2016, 05:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

CorkCity

Great news, hopefully his dad might shove a few decent players our way.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Berserker

Which was the first one?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Berserker on July 03, 2016, 04:54:49 PM
Which was the first one?

Madl technically but as that was planned and expected it hardly counts in the Great Leap Forward.

Berserker

Ah yes I'd forgotten about him.

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

davew

Hardly inspiring news for us to try and drive for survival or promotion is it! Good luck to the lad though!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

cmg

Young Mourinho, who has been in our Academy for a year or more, is just one of several youngsters who have signed Academy Agreements this week and will be in contention for an u18 spot this coming season. He, of course, gets media coverage because of his name.

Best of luck to him, and the others. He cannot really be considered our 'third signing of the summer' in any real sense.

Buffalo76

Makes me wonder why his dad hasnt signed him himself..

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Buffalo76 on July 04, 2016, 06:43:40 AM

There would be too much pressure and potential accusations of favouritism. Add to that that Man. Utd. can go out and buy one of the best goalkeepers in the world at any time they have a need so the chances of one coming through their ranks is slim.

Much better for Mourinho jnr. to establish his career elsewhere in what is regarded as a good goalkeeping academy.

cmg

Quote from: Buffalo76 on July 04, 2016, 06:43:40 AM

Really?
Just think about it. At the very first the family connection is an advantage for the young lad who aspires to be a footballer: he doesn't have to be 'discovered'. Thereafter it is a distinct disadvantage in that the name attracts unwanted publicity and the kind of snide remarks we find here.
The family have a home in SW London and the father, a notably intelligent person, realizes that his job could take him anywhere in the world (Manchester United was a long way in his future when his son entered our Academy). With his knowledge of football matters the father knows that, close by, is a club with a recognized first-class Academy. So, a good decision where the boy can get a good football education away from charges of nepotism.
As I say, no doubt the name helped in the initial stages but after that it has been entirely down to the boy himself (and Fulham Football Club).
Congratulations to him and his colleagues. Their chances of making it all the way are slim - but some will do so and what a wonderful opportunity they have.