watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So I make it 4 more to leave but I can see it being 7

Started by dannyboi-ffc, July 01, 2016, 07:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

I won't include McCormack because I'm not sure whether him leaving is good or bad. I reckon it could pave the way for a new approach with 1 fast striker because with Ross we are limited to how we build around him. On the other hand he offers something no one else in the squad does and has done since he signed, it would be risky selling. And now Newcastle have Gayle, Wednesday have Fletcher. It seems only Norwich or Villa could afford him but to be honest this is Ross McContract and I wouldn't be surprised if he stays and gets yet another deal.

Now Stek has gone I see it as
Bodurov
Jazz Richards
Pringle
Amorebieta

Smith
Kavanagh
Matilla

The noises Amorebieta is making about refusing to play (allegedly) I doubt he will be here much longer. Pringle rumoured to be close to Preston move. Gonna be difficult finding a club for Bodurov so he will probably get loaned out like he did in January.  Kavanagh out on loan again for experience and to get him away from the first team. Matilla will either make up the numbers or do the same as Bodurov. And could Smith finally end up at someone like Bristol City? Jazz will have to wait until the Wales adventure is over but I can see him being worthy of a swap deal for another fullback.

I'd be happy to see the back of Ream and Stearman too but the fact they were under long contracts meant we were stuck with them as Burn and Hutch were freebies. Both will only be squad players though I hope.

If all of these go I'll be very happy with the club's efforts to have a clear out. But it's going to be hard bringing in so many numbers to replace them.

Hopefully we have a great window!  In Joka we trust! 049:gif
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bill taylors apprentice

I couldn't have put it better myself !

Ah! yes, Matilla the forgotten man, maybe he will stay and surprise us.

You would think Amorebieta couldn't be so thick as to kick up a fuss without knowing there was a club lined up.

Pringle's hopefully on his way.

I hope Kavanagh finds a club at a level to suit him and Bodurov and Smith likewise

Richards, Stearman and Ream I'm afraid we are stuck with.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Statto on July 01, 2016, 10:59:29 PM
Really getting sick of this idea we're "stuck with" stearman, ream, even Richards. All these players have demonstrated at other clubs they're more than good enough for a team at our level with our objectives (presumably top 6). Seems to me clear as day The problem is not these players but something else within our club and its management. How long are we going to keep on with this idea our club is normal and these players just mysteriously became crap the same day they signed a contract with FFC

Its not necessarily either/or .......
I see signs of problems in both the management and the players but I'm hopeful of a fresh start with Jokanovic.

I'm not sure about your assessment of "these players", please don't bother lining up their past accomplishments because its the now and future I'm interested in.

But lets see how things pan out and if we are having a top 6 ish season with one of them holding down a regular spot I will eat my pants.            (not really but you will be able to ridicule me forever more)

Apprentice to the Maestro

Really getting sick of this idea we're "stuck with" stearman, ream, even Richards. All these players have demonstrated at other clubs they're more than good enough for a team at our level with our objectives (presumably top 6). Seems to me clear as day The problem is not these players but something else within our club and its management. How long are we going to keep on with this idea our club is normal and these players just mysteriously became crap the same day they signed a contract with FFC

Such as what?

TrexFFC

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: TrexFFC on July 02, 2016, 12:54:17 AM
Remember Larnell Cole?

Not really if I'm honest lol. Maybe a squad player but can't see him being a regular. Did well on loan though didn't he?

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

In the silly transfer thread you called Stekelenberg a con artist and said it was brilliant business getting a fee for him. Bit contradicting isn't it to what you've said here?

I happen to agree with you about Stek but this is a guy who has played in a world cup final in the past. If the CV of Ream and journeyman Stearman are what we Base them on then surely it should be even better for Stek? 

Ream and Stearman are what they are. I wouldn't seek to get rid of them too much, they are decent squad players but Cairney had a good year without the track record so I'm not sure every players poor show can be blamed on the club.

The fact is they are both senior pros who looked lost and failed to set an example to the less senior players like Dembele.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Carborundum

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 02, 2016, 12:52:20 AM

Such as what?
The inability to buy quality players to fulfill the roles of defensive midfielder, winger and left back has dogged the club during the past two seasons.  That's not normal and sends a message to the players that it's going to be an uphill battle.  But perhaps a corner has been turned.  SJ brought in Ince and Labyad almost immediately to address a couple of those gaps but couldn't sign in January.  On the first day of the new window we signed a winger.  If the players have confidence in the build of the squad, they play with confidence and to some extent it's a confidence game.

RaySmith

I think you make a good point Carborundum - that we have players who  should be capable of performing better than they have at Fulham, and  maybe  these players, with some  good additions - an upgrade on those they are replacing, could be  made into a successful team, if they can build  confidence with some wins and getting the season off to a good start.

Maybe we will see a completely new looking and performing Fulham this season, under Slavisa, although we have many of the same players.

millsy

I think these last thoughts are correct. In my experience, both winning and losing can become a habit. Unfortunately, for myriad reasons, we have suffered from the latter for some time now and it shows in our general play, characterised by lack of conviction and a tendency to withdraw when we take a slender lead, rather than pressing the advantage home.

This malaise is, to me, more a deep-seated psychological problem, which causes players to react  to certain situations without even thinking about it and therefore, is difficult for a manager to eradicate. The solution must, therefore, in my view, entail a significant change in personnel, rather than just tinkering at the edges of the team.

I would love to see a strong, vocal keeper come in, to change the jittery atmosphere at the back. I'm ok with both Stearman and Ream but would love a stabilising CB with either a solid track record or a young classy up & comer, to give us more confidence. Of course, still need a first choice LB.

Don't think there's much wrong with the front men and we've bought a winger. Just need some midfield options to dovetail in with Tom and LVC and we're off!

filham

Yes Dannyboi, everything you say makes good sense and should happen but can you really see all of that movement taking place together with new players coming in before the season starts.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: filham on July 02, 2016, 11:18:40 AM
Yes Dannyboi, everything you say makes good sense and should happen but can you really see all of that movement taking place together with new players coming in before the season starts.

I can now, if you'd asked me in May I'd have said no chance.  But look how quickly we've flogged our Players so far. And it's not just one or two, it's been quite a few out the door so far.

JokaS body language was very clear at the Bolton game, I had a feeling big changes were coming but didn't believe it would happen all in one window. I think he knows what he's doing, I just hope we are as efficient at signing players as we have been to release them.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

gang

Can I take it that if Amrebieta refuses to play, we don't have to pay him?