watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

31 day's until

Started by H4usuallysitting, July 05, 2016, 07:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

we play Newcastle at the Cottage - at this time with our current squad we seriously have little to no chance of a winning start...... We are a team with little confidence, and a poor start could ruin our season before it starts.......please Mr Khan, get your finger out

Baszab

We are nothing more than a joke
Disinterested chairman
Useless manager
don't say I haven't warned you of impending doom
very sad state of affairs

Arthur

Quote from: Baszab on July 05, 2016, 08:16:30 PM

For sure, no one can accuse you of not doing that.

Fulham76

Maybe we're going for a Leicester style season. Most people's favourite for the drop & we surprise everyone by winning the league in style....

Buffalo76

Knowing our luck we'll probably prove the bookies right and in typical Fulhamish style go down!

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Baszab on July 05, 2016, 08:16:30 PM
We are nothing more than a joke
Disinterested chairman
Useless manager
very sad state of affairs

Be warned...
Nostradamus has spoken.

Maybe we should bring Kit back just to please him?

Jims Dentist

31 days, oh dear.
I have been enjoying my weekends during the summer.
Soon the misery is going to start again.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 07, 2016, 07:04:11 PM
31 days, oh dear.
I have been enjoying my weekends during the summer.
Soon the misery is going to start again.

Hate to say this - but it's now 29 day's and counting

Baszab

I have renewed my five season tickets - so I think I am entitled to my opinion

Fulham76

Quote from: Baszab on July 07, 2016, 07:44:43 PM

I think most fans agree with you.

Not sure about the useless manager part, personally quite happy with SJ, but the rest seems spot on.

Looks to me like the current ownership are aiming for an Al Fayed style '5 year plan', only in reverse!! We're well on course to be back where we started in league 1 or 2 very soon.

Top work by the management/ownership. Couldn't have done a worse job if they tried...  fp.gif

Fulham76

Quote from: Statto on July 08, 2016, 09:33:59 AM
Quote from: Fulham76 on July 08, 2016, 09:19:16 AM

Not sure about the useless manager part, personally quite happy with SJ, but the rest seems spot on.

Looks to me like the current ownership are aiming for an Al Fayed style '5 year plan', only in reverse!! We're well on course to be back where we started in league 1 or 2 very soon.

Top work by the management/ownership. Couldn't have done a worse job if they tried...  fp.gif

I'd tentatively say I agree with this

HOWEVER

What would it take to change your mind?
For me, 3-5 signings, a couple of them key signings, in the next fortnight, would turn it around.
That's still possible.
And salvisa did say yesterday we need new signing in the next few days.
So perhaps the jury remains out for a little longer...

Exactly that, c. 5 good quality signings.

I'm sure the club are working hard behind the scenes, (as we're always told they are), but it's time to get the job done now & work smart rather than hard.

If there is a player we want & he is available, lets go & get him. I'm not looking for us to be paying over the top for new players but it's pointless haggling over a few quid here & there - no benefit in the long run.

Speed is also key for us, we're so far behind most of the clubs in this league in terms of quality already & with the rebuild that's needed, (again), it's unlikely new players, particularly those from abroad, are going to hit the ground running.

We can't afford to be waiting for the team to gel at the end of Aug/Sept. The club 'should' have identified the players we want, so lets go & get them.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Fulham76 on July 08, 2016, 12:19:12 PM

HOWEVER

For me, 3-5 signings, a couple of them key signings, in the next fortnight, would turn it around.
That's still possible.

I'm sure the club are working hard behind the scenes, (as we're always told they are), but it's time to get the job done now & work smart rather than hard.

If there is a player we want & he is available, lets go & get him. I'm not looking for us to be paying over the top for new players but it's pointless haggling over a few quid here & there - no benefit in the long run.

Speed is also key for us, we're so far behind most of the clubs in this league in terms of quality already & with the rebuild that's needed, (again), it's unlikely new players, particularly those from abroad, are going to hit the ground running.

We can't afford to be waiting for the team to gel at the end of Aug/Sept. The club 'should' have identified the players we want, so lets go & get them.

Again this is all written as though buying a player is the equivalent of getting up off the sofa, toddling down to the supermarket and buying a packet of cornflakes and not worrying if it is 10p cheaper at Tesco.

If a player is worth getting then the player, his agent, his club and other clubs all like to haggle and play for time and the odd million here and £10,000 on wages eats into a budget and has knock on effects.

Fulham76

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 08, 2016, 12:37:38 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on July 08, 2016, 12:19:12 PM

HOWEVER

That's still possible.

Again this is all written as though buying a player is the equivalent of getting up off the sofa, toddling down to the supermarket and buying a packet of cornflakes and not worrying if it is 10p cheaper at Tesco.

If a player is worth getting then the player, his agent, his club and other clubs all like to haggle and play for time and the odd million here and £10,000 on wages eats into a budget and has knock on effects.

They'll always be haggling, no matter what the industry, but football clubs should know how to buy footballers, it's what they do, so should be straightforward.

The example you give doesn't really stand up as this is bigg(ish) business we're talking about, not buying Cornflakes. It can be as easy or as difficult as we want it to be.

A lot also rides on whether Khan will honour his comments around ambition/promise & 'giving the green light for SJ to build a team capable of challenging for promotion'.

We'll see

Sorry but " it can be as easy or as difficult as we want it to be" is just fantasy.

As I said it involves negotiation with the player, his agent, his club and out bidding other clubs. Unless you are a club like Man. Utd. with a high income and pots of money it is not in your own hands.

Quote from: Statto on July 08, 2016, 03:47:51 PM

I don't want to re-run an old discussion we've had before but I do think it a bit unfair to dismiss everyone complaining about the time taken as having no appreciation of the complexities of a football transfer.

Yes it is more complicated than buying a packet of cornflakes but it's less complicated than a residential property transaction, which most people on here will have experienced.

Personally I have experienced a variety of large transactions including property sales and the acquisition of large companies, and essentially the only things I can think that delay a transaction are due diligence and bartering over price.

The DD on a player transfer is minimal - a medical that takes a few hours at the most - so that only leaves the bartering itself.

Again you're right to say we don't have unlimited funds, but we should still be prepared to pay a premium to push a deal through quickly.

I'd rather us sign five players in July than six in August.

I am not dismissing everybody just those who say "it can be as easy or as difficult as we want it to be" or the like.

We have only rumours to go on about who we might be after and hence how difficult it might be to close the deal.

Who knows, we might announce three on Monday.

Oh! And look we just gone and signed another player: Sone Aluko!

Fulham76

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 08, 2016, 04:27:57 PM

I don't want to re-run an old discussion we've had before but I do think it a bit unfair to dismiss everyone complaining about the time taken as having no appreciation of the complexities of a football transfer.

Yes it is more complicated than buying a packet of cornflakes but it's less complicated than a residential property transaction, which most people on here will have experienced.

Personally I have experienced a variety of large transactions including property sales and the acquisition of large companies, and essentially the only things I can think that delay a transaction are due diligence and bartering over price.

The DD on a player transfer is minimal - a medical that takes a few hours at the most - so that only leaves the bartering itself.

Again you're right to say we don't have unlimited funds, but we should still be prepared to pay a premium to push a deal through quickly.

I am not dismissing everybody just those who say "it can be as easy or as difficult as we want it to be" or the like.

We have only rumours to go on about who we might be after and hence how difficult it might be to close the deal.

Oh! And look we just gone and signed another player!

Good news. Looks a good quality signing as well.

And we managed to get over all that haggling, player, agent, interest from other club issues you were so worried about too...

Not so difficult is it?

We need to continue being proactive rather than hide behind excuses which you seem happy to do

Quote from: Fulham76 on July 08, 2016, 04:40:50 PM

And we managed to get over all that haggling, player, agent, interest from other club issues you were so worried about too...

Not so difficult is it?

We need to continue being proactive rather than hide behind excuses which you seem happy to do

Thank you for that unpleasant twisting of the argument.

You were complaining that we had not been signing anyone and that it ought to be easy.

I was saying that it is not always as easy as you were trying to make out, not that it was hard.

Now with one signing you change your tune.

Don't worry I am sure with three days without a signing you can be back complaining again.

H4usuallysitting

My main concern is our defence, and defensive midfield...... I want to see a well organised unit at the back....get that right and most of our woes are over

Fulham76

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 08, 2016, 07:23:01 PM

Not so difficult is it?

You were complaining that we had not been signing anyone and that it ought to be easy.

I was saying that it is not always as easy as you were trying to make out, not that it was hard.

Don't worry I am sure with three days without a signing you can be back complaining again.

No, you said above you were dismissing my comment, I assume purely because it differs from your opinion. That wasn't particularly pleasant either was it?

I'm glad we've signed another, what looks a decent player, we need to, & hopefully we'll continue to sign more decent players.

I'm not arrogant enough to believe mine is the only valid opinion out there though, so to start throwing ridiculous, condescending comments around about corn flakes because you don't approve of a comment & then getting all defensive because someone hits back is a joke.

Quote from: Fulham76 on July 08, 2016, 08:48:45 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 08, 2016, 07:23:01 PM

Not so difficult is it?

No, you said above you were dismissing my comment, I assume purely because it differs from your opinion. That wasn't particularly pleasant either was it?

I'm glad we've signed another, what looks a decent player, we need to, & hopefully we'll continue to sign more decent players.

I'm not arrogant enough to believe mine is the only valid opinion out there though, so to start throwing ridiculous, condescending comments around about corn flakes because you don't approve of a comment & then getting all defensive because someone hits back is a joke.

I am not dismissing [someone else's choice of word] your comment because it differs from mine but because saying buying a player an be "as easy as . . .  we want it to be" makes no sense.

Buying a player that you want as opposed to just any old player cannot be made easy when you want it to be because it depends on how difficult the player, his agent, his club and other clubs make it. The difficulty depends on others. It is not down to Fulham's attitude.

Buying a packet of cornflakes is easy because there is a plentiful supply of the product of the required quality available 24/7 at the right price. Buying a player can be easy, difficult or sometimes impossible depending  on the attitude of the other participants.