watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

As things stand

Started by Chutney, July 06, 2016, 03:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

Not included Amorebieta as he apparently refuses to play for us again, not sure how much truth there is behind it but lets presume he will be gone.

Bettinelli

Fredericks        Madl    Stearman     Ream

Parker    Tunnicliffe                 

Cairney             McCormack        Christensen

Woodrow             

Subs: Joronen, Burgess, Kavanagh, Smith, Ayite, Richards, Mattilla.

When you lay it out like this, the starting 11 here isn't terrible but the options on the bench are paper thin. Other than Ayite, who I have yet to see play we have very little by way of "game changers".

To make me feel comfortable of staying up going in to the new season we still need (with possible options):

1 CB (Strong and solid to compliment madl) - Lees, Mariappa, Hanley
2 full backs (Fredericks can only play effectively for 30 mins and Ream/Richards are poor at LB) - James Husband, Liam Palmer, Chris Solly

2 CM (Parker is old and can't play 90 mins week in week out, Tunnicliffe lacks concentration) - Kevin McDonald, Henry Lansbury, Oliver Norwood - Jeff Hendrick
1 Winger (Ideally can play either side, allowing Cairney or Christensen to move central) - Craig Conway, Jamie Ward, Craig Noone

1 ST (Needs to score as many if not more than Dembele, although I am happy with Woodrow, a back up ST wouldnt go a miss as I just don't rate smith.) - Vydra, Aluko, Daryl Murphy, Simon Cox, Keiran Agard, Nahki Wells

So in my opinion we need 7 players in before the Season kicks off. Who they are or where they come from is up to Mr Rigg......  093.gif

C O Y W

H4usuallysitting

I think you can add another Keeper to that list

Skatzoffc

Am I missing something?

Is this not the same lineup that we were nearly relegated with last season?
093.gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

alfie

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 06, 2016, 07:48:26 PM
Am I missing something?

093.gif
that was last season, maybe this season they will click, i like to think positive rather than negative before the season has started.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Chutney

Quote from: alfie on July 07, 2016, 08:12:58 AM
Am I missing something?

093.gif
that was last season, maybe this season they will click, i like to think positive rather than negative before the season has started.

We can only hope. The chances of us signing anything other than free transfers or the occasional small fee player from an obscure league seem unlikely, the players we already have will need to do the business.
C O Y W

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on July 07, 2016, 09:53:31 AM
Am I missing something?

093.gif

We can only hope. The chances of us signing anything other than free transfers or the occasional small fee player from an obscure league seem unlikely, the players we already have will need to do the business.
Some of the best players we have ever had in our history have been frees so not always best to judge a book by its cover.

Chutney

Quote from: MJG on July 07, 2016, 10:03:43 AM
Quote from: Chutney on July 07, 2016, 09:53:31 AM
Am I missing something?

093.gif

Some of the best players we have ever had in our history have been frees so not always best to judge a book by its cover.

Yes, but we didn't have such a clearly inept scouting team back then.
C O Y W

fcfulham55

I think the line up looks pretty average in championship term... Add 1 or 2 major injuries to key players, we're in trouble.

Deep down we all must know,  promotion is far from our reach next season.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

SP

Quote from: fcfulham55 on July 07, 2016, 10:01:06 PM
I think the line up looks pretty average in championship term... Add 1 or 2 major injuries to key players, we're in trouble.

Deep down we all must know,  promotion is far from our reach next season.

I think we'd even struggle to beat QPR with this team.  093.gif

HatterDon

Oh my God! Is the transfer period over for us already? AIIIIIEEEEEEEEE
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bronaldinho

Chuks Aneke is the presence we need in the centre of the park.

23, 6'3 and a complete midfielder.

Would be perfect.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Artful Dodger

As much as anything we need a system whereby we don't look like we are going to concede every time the opposition have the ball. Unfortunatley, SJ didn't sort that out in the 4 or 5 months he had last season so I hope he has read some tactics book over the summer. The players we have are reasonably experienced so should know how to defend so first up is having a system that does that. For this year, I would rather win 20 games 1-0 and pick up some draws than win 10 games 2 or 3 nil and lose the rest 3-2!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

@jolslover

Some great suggestions, some not so great. I think most of our signings will be foreigners we've never heard off. Good thing and a bad thing I guess. I think Ayite will be a starter.
STH H3

HatterDon

Quote from: Artful Dodger on July 08, 2016, 02:17:43 PM
As much as anything we need a system whereby we don't look like we are going to concede every time the opposition have the ball. Unfortunatley, SJ didn't sort that out in the 4 or 5 months he had last season so I hope he has read some tactics book over the summer. The players we have are reasonably experienced so should know how to defend so first up is having a system that does that. For this year, I would rather win 20 games 1-0 and pick up some draws than win 10 games 2 or 3 nil and lose the rest 3-2!

you can make a solid team a great team by enhancing attack, but you can only create a solid team by enhancing defense.

We need to look at what Roy did when he inherited Sanchez's mess: emphasize defense, shape, responsibility, organization. We weren't fun to watch, especially on the road, but it led to our highest league finish ever and a European final.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jimmy Hill

Id try 4 4 2

Betts
                      Fredricks  Stearman Madl Ream
                      Ayite      Cainey  LVC   Williams
                                  Smith Mcormack