watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Behind Closed Doors Friendly

Started by @jolslover, July 06, 2016, 06:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Fulham played first (behind closed doors) friendly of the campaign today. A 5-0 win against Cobh Ramblers with De La Torre, Smith, Humphrys (2) and Madl getting on the scoresheet. Apparently LVC and Dennis Adeniran both had good games with Stearman also having a solid game at the back.

Ayite was not fit enough to feature yet.

First half team off: Rodak; Grimmer, Stearman, Burgess, Ream; De La Torre, Adeniran, Edun, Kavanagh; Smith and Humphrys.
Second half team off: Betts; Fredericks, Madl, Amore, Sessegnon; Cairney, Tunnicliffe, Adeniran, Christensen; McCormack and Woodrow
STH H3

valdeingruo

Interesting to see how many of our new crop of promising youngsters will be part of the first team this year.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Rhys Lightning 63

'Behind closed doors' means nobody saw it and we can make up any score we want. We probably lost 3-2 with a deflection

DON'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU SEE SHEEPLE!!!

P.S - This was a sarcastic post, need something to calm my nerves 
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

LBNo11

From Fulham Ireland facebook page...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

cmg

Cobh ramblers are a League of Ireland 2nd tier outfit and the result of a friendly like this can have no real significance.

However it's a real treat to see the youngsters given a go, and even better to read such good write ups of their contribution.

Interesting to see Amorebieta continuing his remarkably bad impression of a man who is never going to play for us again.

Anyone seen Bodurov?

@jolslover

Quote from: cmg on July 06, 2016, 08:37:12 PM
Cobh ramblers are a League of Ireland 2nd tier outfit and the result of a friendly like this can have no real significance.

However it's a real treat to see the youngsters given a go, and even better to read such good write ups of their contribution.

Interesting to see Amorebieta continuing his remarkably bad impression of a man who is never going to play for us again.

Anyone seen Bodurov?

I dont think Bodurov has travelled with the squad
STH H3

Apprentice to the Maestro

Interesting that our junior team in the first half scored four whereas nearly our first choice team scored one and that came from a defender.

HillingdonFFC

Stephen Humphrys got a couple , dont know much about him but he looks a big strong lad

mrmicawbers

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 06, 2016, 09:41:55 PM
Stephen Humphrys got a couple , dont know much about him but he looks a big strong lad
Saw him at Motspur Park Station.He is one big unit and still growing I should think.Lets hope he stays with us and reaches his full potential.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: mrmicawbers on July 06, 2016, 10:00:54 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 06, 2016, 09:41:55 PM
Saw him at Motspur Park Station.He is one big unit and still growing I should think.Lets hope he stays with us and reaches his full potential.

Just looked, Northern lad from Oldham who we signed from Bury when he was 15. Got a very decent scoring record, hes still not 19 so reckon hes going to be massive

bill taylors apprentice

Amorebieta plays despite the rumours, of course that means little as Mitro made an appearance last pre season.

No sign of Bodorov, hopefully in negotiations for a move some where.

Youngsters filling the gaps until players with the "right stuff" arrive ?
Don't hold your breath!

Riverside

I guess as this was closed doors nobody has any idea of what formation we played ?

From the team sheets it looks 4-4-2 to me

MJG

Quote from: Riverside on July 07, 2016, 10:06:25 AM
I guess as this was closed doors nobody has any idea of what formation we played ?

From the team sheets it looks 4-4-2 to me
Been told it was 442 for both 30 minute halfs.

Barrett487

Quote from: @jolslover link

/quote]

Why is it that any new players we get are unfit?

MJG

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 07, 2016, 10:32:54 AM

/quote]

Its pre season, hes just moved to club and i suspect we are still assessing where he is with regards 'match fitness' it was just an hour game and still have two games coming up.

cmg

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 07, 2016, 09:49:31 AM
Amorebieta plays despite the rumours

Now reported in Spain to be off to Sporting Gijon (La Liga)

MJG

Quote from: cmg on July 07, 2016, 11:41:19 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 07, 2016, 09:49:31 AM
Amorebieta plays despite the rumours

Now reported in Spain to be off to Sporting Gijon (La Liga)
Maybe thats why hes been smiling in the pictures from Ireland...'I'm Freeeeeeeeeee'

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 07, 2016, 01:40:16 PM

As you say Barrett 487, why sign a player who is allegedly not fit, Kostas cost the club when he was signed unfit, perhaps their medical is the standard cough drop, and thermometer under the armpit, and then it's fingers crossed the player doesn't break down during his first warm up. 

Ayite only arrived last Friday missing the first week of fitness training with us and almost certainly any pre-season work with his old club.

But let's not let an opportunity go by to have a go at the club.

Quote from: Statto on July 07, 2016, 02:41:18 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 07, 2016, 02:08:44 PM

As you say Barrett 487, why sign a player who is allegedly not fit, Kostas cost the club when he was signed unfit, perhaps their medical is the standard cough drop, and thermometer under the armpit, and then it's fingers crossed the player doesn't break down during his first warm up. 

Ayite only arrived last Friday missing the first week of fitness training with us and almost certainly any pre-season work with his old club.

But let's not let an opportunity go by to have a go at the club.

Well it was our first game of the pre-season, behind closed doors. Walking football I imagine, against a bunch of amateurs. Those playing have all just come back from a couple of months off. I doubt the last week or so of training makes much difference, but even if it does surely this geezer would have had the sense to get on the running machine a couple of times given he's missing his own club's training. So he must be injured, lazy, or he's spent a much longer period than 2 months on his rear, not playing. In any case, justifiably raises eyebrows IMO.

Great idea. And then he pulls a hamstring and is out for a month.

Arthur

As you say Barrett 487, why sign a player who is allegedly not fit...

It will be the Club who are wrapping up our new signing in cotton wool, I imagine, not the player declaring himself too unfit to put in 30 minutes of (relatively) gentle exertion. It is far from evident that we have signed an unfit - or worse still, injured - player. He'll be fit, but maybe a couple of days more training away from being as sharp as the rest of the squad. I don't see a problem.