watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

first team player profiles.....

Started by howitis, July 07, 2016, 12:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Went onto fulhamfc.com to get the latest update on current first team squad. I went into player profiles and its even worse then you think. How far we have fallen, the squad dated 7th July 2016 is pure relegation fodder and it really is enough to make you weep. I have 6 season tickets and I decided that unless something materially changed this season, I would downgrade my match commitment and pick and choose games the following year. As many have pointed out we still have a month before the season starts but I'm not feeling confident that we will be adding any quality and its damn sure that any new players will not have had an opportunity to gel into a team.

What an earth is happening at our club ?

Chutney

I am starting tom resign myself to relegation being a certainty for the season. I can only hope they prove me wrong. The current squad wont do that.
C O Y W

Oakeshott

I see no reason for pessimism.

S has his ideas about how he wants us to play, he knows the players he took over last season and thus who to shed and the kind of player he needs to augment those in whom he has confidence.

I'm pleased he was able to sign Madl, and Ayite looks as though he has pace, which we badly need. No reason to think there won't be some more signings over the next couple of weeks. We've shed some who were not really up to mounting a serious challenge, and still have two more to lose - Bodurov and Richards - but all in all so far so good.

H4usuallysitting

Fulham76

Quote from: Oakeshott on July 07, 2016, 09:07:13 PM
I see no reason for pessimism.

S has his ideas about how he wants us to play, he knows the players he took over last season and thus who to shed and the kind of player he needs to augment those in whom he has confidence.

I'm pleased he was able to sign Madl, and Ayite looks as though he has pace, which we badly need. No reason to think there won't be some more signings over the next couple of weeks. We've shed some who were not really up to mounting a serious challenge, and still have two more to lose - Bodurov and Richards - but all in all so far so good.

'So far so good'???

We had a really really poor team last season that just about survived relegation. So far this summer we've lost one of the leagues top scorers so are already worse than we were, which is worrying considering just how poor we are.

We need at least 5-6 good quality players! If we get those players we'll just about be good enough for maybe a top half finish. So far we've brought in one largely unknown new player.

We've got a long way to go to avoid relegation this season. The sooner we get players in the better so that can gel. The longer we leave it the harder we're making things for ourselves.

Northern Cottager

I feel awful for considering this but the last 4 years have put such a strain on even bothering following Fulham that I'm considering joining my pals on the North End games. They've got a chairman and manager who are determined to kick on and despite limited funds and their only recently reacquired Championship status are attracting some good players. Not only that but they've done it quick as they know the importance of the squad gelling before the season starts.

Fulham are the complete opposite and despite a location to die for, finances we can match with the biggest in this league (Forget the FFP constraints because clubs who really want promotion do) and a decent few players in our squad already we have stagnated and settled for a close season so far that is beyond dross considering how many players we've released. The whole backroom staff knew how everyone felt and how we've underachieved so I imagined we'd have plenty of early doors signings to boost morale, season tickets and get the squad sorted early. What a farse it seems from the outside.

Oakeshott

"So far we've brought in one largely unknown new player."

I think some of Tigana and Roy's early signings were "largely unknown". IF our manager is good, Ayite and those yet to arrive but who will undoubtedly do so in the next few weeks will be just fine.

Fulham76

Quote from: Oakeshott on July 08, 2016, 02:38:41 PM
"So far we've brought in one largely unknown new player."

I think some of Tigana and Roy's early signings were "largely unknown". IF our manager is good, Ayite and those yet to arrive but who will undoubtedly do so in the next few weeks will be just fine.

I don't disagree that both Tigana & Roy brought in some unknown players that turned out to be brilliant for us. And Ayite may also turn out to be brilliant. Let's hope so.

The point I was making is that we are miles behind most of the Championship clubs & we've just got a lot worse by losing one of the leagues top scorers. Dembele wanted to leave, so not an awful lot we could have done but the fact remains, he's gone & we're worse off than we were last season & there were only 4 teams worse than us last season, so we have little room to move.

It just surprises me that fans see the same thing differently. You say, so far so good. I think we're well in the sh**.

Oakeshott

"It just surprises me that fans see the same thing differently. You say, so far so good. I think we're well in the sh**."

If we haven't made two or three further signings in the next few weeks I'll be agreeing with you, but with players' holidays and the European competition I'd not expected too much thus far.

I also have confidence in J - if he wasn't being backed, or was being messed around by, for example, Rigg, he'd have walked. I am sure he is quietly identifying who he wants to sign and I expect them to arrive.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Oakeshott on July 08, 2016, 03:37:01 PM
"It just surprises me that fans see the same thing differently. You say, so far so good. I think we're well in the sh**."

If we haven't made two or three further signings in the next few weeks I'll be agreeing with you, but with players' holidays and the European competition I'd not expected too much thus far.

I also have confidence in J - if he wasn't being backed, or was being messed around by, for example, Rigg, he'd have walked. I am sure he is quietly identifying who he wants to sign and I expect them to arrive.

Truly, thanks for your optimism. You've helped me to find a little. I want to be optimistic about our prospects but, just don't have confidence in those who are supposed to be backing SJ.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Oakeshott

It is shaping up well, I think, with potentially much more pace up front than last year.

A couple more signings over the next fortnight or so and we'll all be feeling more positive.

TMT

It is hard to be positive about those "above" J after the last few years, but I truly don't think J will stand being messed about. I am sure he can see an opportunity here to achieve enough for him to be start to be thought of as having the potential to be a top Premiership manager, so won't be content to lurk at a lower half Championship club with no ambition. There is more reason to be optimistic at this point than two years ago, with the dreaded Magath, or last year when many (including me) thought it was stupid to have retained Kit.

Obviously far too early to say, but J did wonders at Watford so why not with us?