more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aluko Arrives

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 08, 2016, 04:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Aluko Arrives

The Club is happy to announce the arrival of Nigeria international Sone Aluko.

The 27-year-old attacker joins Fulham on a two-year deal, with a Club option for an additional 12 months, following the expiry of his contract at Hull City.

A product of Birmingham City's youth academy, Aluko took in loan spells at both Aberdeen and Blackpool while on the books of the Midlands club.

A permanent switch to Aberdeen came about in 2008, and his form for the Dons saw him sign for Scottish giants Rangers in 2011, where he netted 12 times in 21 league games.

He moved back south of the border in the summer of 2012 when he joined Hull City, and he scored eight goals in 23 matches as the Tigers won promotion to the Premier League, something he helped them do once again last season.

Aluko also has an FA Cup runners-up medal, after coming on as a substitute in their extra-time defeat by Arsenal at Wembley in 2014.

A former England youth international, Aluko has represented Nigeria on seven occasions and has scored twice.

He will now join up with the rest of the group in Cork as preparations continue for the new season. Keep an eye on fulhamfc.com for Sone's first interview on Friday afternoon.

Friendsoffulham

Northern Cottager

Not seen loads of him. What's everyone else's thoughts?

hovewhite

Don't know a lot about him but welcome to Fulham some.

copthornemike

Has pace and trickery, certainly quicker than any of team last year with the exception of Fredericks  - but often takes a touch too many.

If I recall correctly was a regular starter for Hull at the start of the season but not towards the end.  He scored te winner against us at the beginning of last season (match in which Betts & Smith collided) but on the bench when they returned down here.

Left Hull on a free as reached end of contract but joined when in Premiership I think so game time and wages might have been an issue.

HamsterWheel

Looks like he was down to his last pair of jeans which are badly torn. So good of Fulham to take him on.
Best of luck to the lad.

cmg

This is he when he came on for the last half hour for Hull a couple of years ago and contributed (from 4.20) to spoiling our day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GO0o8I-30

Wearethewhites

Part of Hulls promotion setup. Attacking right sided player, bags of pace, likes to run at defenders. Solid Championship player, just lacks quality of the Premiership, hence the reason Hull decided to release him. Under contract, would have still warranted a fee of around 2M, so a good deal for us. Squad player, but still need more.

Chesh

Reminds a lot of Boa Morte, in terms of speed, running style and size. Watch his goals for Hull on YouTube

049:gif
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

aaronmcguigan

Not overly overwhelming. Don't want run of the mill players stopping the development of our youth. We need first team signings, not mediocre players who you know will be bit part players. All he's been , nothing to suggest this will change.  He's decent but we need better

Friendsoffulham

Aluko: Same Ambitions

Sone Aluko says Slaviša Jokanović's ambitions for Fulham match his own and were a key ingredient in his signing for the Club.

Lighthouse

Yeah yet another player with a bit of pace about him. Only five foot eight. A good signing for the jigsaw as opposed to anything more. But good do very well if played in the right position in the right team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope