watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-the kick off.

Started by bog, July 09, 2016, 09:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Have I missed something? Ever since I can remember when a side kicks off the ball had to go forwards...not anymore. When did they change this rule? No one asked for my gin soaked opinion....

092.gif 

Delboy

I'm with you OSA, I was baffled by these KOs. I'm sure one of the brethren will tell all.

keith

bill taylors apprentice

This has been in the public domain for weeks now, where have you been?

Its just one of many rule changes made by the International football association board.

H4usuallysitting

I understand that the cleaner than clean UEFA chappies changed it for the Eurowotsits.....

Lighthouse

Yes a bunch of very over paid people thought that with that this rule change would improve the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bog

BTA I am never with it. Was this recently? And when did all this decimal currency start? And these funny things in the middle of the road that look like cats eyes in the dark....  :dft011:

092.gif

filham

Oh dear, that means Fulham can enjoy the first few minutes of a match in their comfort zone with a dozen or so short passes slowly working the ball back to the keeper without a player stepping into tho opponents half.

Vinnieffc

It all started with a conference between Ray Wilkins and Grand Master Boris Rookovski. Wilkins insisted the ball can only be moved sidewaysand Rookovski insisted it can only be moved up or down, left and right. The deciding vote came from UEFA Italian Giovanni Isurrendera who dictated the ball most go backwards. He also bought in a rule which says any losing team at half time may play for the winning team. So far only England have taken advantage of this rule vs Iceland.  :005: