watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Barry Hayles

Started by Kevin_Yahoo, July 09, 2016, 03:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_Yahoo

I'm writing an article about Barry Hayles (it's a kind of Where Are They Now? thing) and I want to get fans' memories about him as a player. Any memories/stories you have - good or bad - please post them here. Doesn't even have to be a story/memory as such, could just be your general view on his time at the Cottage.

I'd want to use some of the your quotes for the article, which will appear on the Yahoo Football website this month. So if you don't want your comments to be used then let me know, and they won't be. All quotes used will be credited to Friends of Fulham.

Some of you may recall I wrote something similar about Facundo Sava last season: https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/blast-past-no-14-facundo-115315499.html

Cheers!
Kevin

fcfulham55

I've spoken to him whilst out shopping at bluewater with the Mrs.

Top bloke, and has a place for Fulham in his heart.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

hovewhite

A top bloke and always struck me he loved and really cared about Fulham.

One Martin Thomas

Best memory was first match at cottage in the Premiership.  Watching him play upfront with Saha.  They we outstanding together and we murdered them.  Magic match (evening match perhaps??).

FulhamStu

Met him at the Bolton game end of season.  Top guy, mates with Rufas Brevitt, has time for Fulham fans and still very fit.  Powerful, a real handful to play against.

Kevin_Yahoo

A lot of people seem to have met Barry!

ffc2004

All time favourite player - mate of mine introduced me to him at Bazza's birthday celebrations as his biggest fan, to which he promptly gave me a massive bear hug, and then this year Barry sent me a video message to wish me a happy birthday.

David1879

It always made me laugh to see him do the 'Barry barge'... rather than tackle a player he'd just run alongside them and muscle them off the ball, continuing to run with it without breaking stride!

I can't find the picture now but there was also the time, rather than the traditional shirt pull, he used Emannuel Petit's ponytail to try and slow him down.

Great guy, great player!

fulhamfan

I remember we paid 2 million for him and he got off to a shaky start

Jims Dentist

Good forward for us, exciting to watch.
As said in the previous post, not a great start, when he got caught offside a lot.

I vaguely remember him scoring a brilliant solo goal in a big win away at Luton?