watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ayite

Started by CorkCity, July 10, 2016, 04:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkCity

I hope it was first match nerves or he had his boots on the wrong feet, but his first touch yesterday was shocking.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Porthogs FC

Really? Because others that were at the match say he's quite the player. Granted nothing specific has been mentioned about first touch until your post. Thanks for the Sunday wind-up!

CorkCity

Not a Sunday wind up, some people can be blinkered where FFC are concerned, I am telling you how I saw it.

westcliff white

SOme of the players said afterwards he was quick, great touch and can deliver a ball
Every day is a Fulham day

mike_corkcity12

I think you are being harsh there Cork City. I thought Tunnicliffe was woeful on the ball.

CorkCity

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on July 10, 2016, 04:54:45 PM
I think you are being harsh there Cork City. I thought Tunnicliffe was woeful on the ball.

I will not disagree with you on that, myself and my son were both very critical of Tunnicliffe, his lack of fitness was shameful, a big red head after about 10 mins.

Jamie88

Let's leave it more than one preseason friendly before we start slating a new signing eh?

CorkCity

Quote from: Jamie88 on July 10, 2016, 05:30:43 PM
Let's leave it more than one preseason friendly before we start slating a new signing eh?

Yeah, you don't have a first touch from when you are a youngster, you can pick that up along the way

@jolslover

Good to see opinions after a friendly but by most accounts he was good yesterday. Any chance of you getting down to the Preston game on Tuesday?

What were your other thoughts on the game? Who stood out as being good/bad?
STH H3

westcliff white

Maybe he was worried about some of the heavy challenges that were apparently flying in

CorkCity

Quote from: westcliff white on July 10, 2016, 05:52:38 PM
Maybe he was worried about some of the heavy challenges that were apparently flying in
He got tackled by a player from Waterford, there were no challenges flying in, the game was played good and fair, if anything Scott was late on the boy from Mayfield in the first half, but they shook hands. Its a mans game

westcliff white

Quote from: CorkCity on July 10, 2016, 07:25:45 PM
He got tackled by a player from Waterford, there were no challenges flying in, the game was played good and fair, if anything Scott was late on the boy from Mayfield in the first half, but they shook hands. Its a mans game
Didn't say it wasn't a mans game, and for me its a lot less a mans game these days than it was 15 years ago let alone 5 years ago. I just read that some hefty tackles went in on FFC players particularly scotty.

One question what has coming from waterford got to do it

CorkCity

Quote from: westcliff white on July 10, 2016, 07:27:56 PM
Quote from: CorkCity on July 10, 2016, 07:25:45 PM
Didn't say it wasn't a mans game, and for me its a lot less a mans game these days than it was 15 years ago let alone 5 years ago. I just read that some hefty tackles went in on FFC players particularly scotty.

One question what has coming from waterford got to do it

No, he's from Cork, Mayfield Utd, at the moment he is on loan to Waterford

hovewhite

Early days yet!!

Jem

Quote from: CorkCity on July 10, 2016, 05:44:15 PM

Yeah, you don't have a first touch from when you are a youngster, you can pick that up along the way
What! And change a habit of a lifetime!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

ffc73

Boa's first touch was nothing to write home about but I'd love us to have a forward that is direct and has pace

Bronaldinho

Sadly I haven't seen much of the Ireland but I should be there for the Palace game.

All the reviews I've heard is that he has looked quite the player in training and the pre-season games. Also assisted a goal too didn't he?
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

epsomraver

0001.jpeg

Andy S

I think at this time of year players are rusty and confidence is not as high as it will be when the season starts. I never played at a high level but there were games where I couldn't do the basic things well and that is life. I think the time to judge players is over a season and he is one of ours now so we will have plenty of time to judge him but thanks for your comments

Artful Dodger

First touch good or bad, how he copes on a wet Tuesday night in Preston is probably more of an issue!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae